Lancôme La Base Pro

Filtered by skin type : Other
Lancôme La Base Pro

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer

This is a beautiful silky silicone primer. It really does help make foundation go on better and stay longer. This primer fills in rough skin texture like pores and lines. Works really well with Lancôme teint idole ultra foundation. Glides on better and gives more coverage. It's similar to smashbox photo finish primer, but the smashbox one is thicker. This primer is really thin and silky, but very easy to smooth on. Only need 2-3 pumps. The downside is it's really expensive, $59AUD for only 25ml. My HG primer.

The pump bottle is a pain. I've reached the bottom and it won't pump out anymore but there's still heaps left behind on the bottom and also on the sides. But I found a solution. Buy a pack of thin paddle pop sticks. Or even kebab sticks. That will do the trick. Just stick it inside the bottle and scrap it out. I wish Lancôme used a squeeze tube for this primer.

on 12/9/2013 3:57:00 PM

This is the first primer I have tried so not much comparisons here. It does make my face smooth to apply foundation on. Even though if has the word matte but it doesn't make my dry skin feel more dry. And as a primer it does what it's supposed too -makes my foundation get on easily and stay on longer than normal. Also love Lancôme's packing be it for foundations or anything, they always have everything in a nice sleek bottle with a pump. No complaints so far with this product.

Great product ! Thank you for all The users who took time to give a review on it . I must say this works so well with my skin , I have uneven skin tone , oily combination , acne scaring . I find this very helpful not only does it shrink my pores it also gives me a velvety finish and it makes my male up last so much longer ! Highly recommended ! :) xx

on 12/3/2012 6:58:00 PM

I normally don't write reviews after trying a product once but I love this primer! I like how it doesn't feel greasy and silicone like. It's a much different formula than Smashbox or the Hard Candy one I normally use. I put my makeup on at 7:00am today and it's now 7PM and it looks perfect. I'm not sure about the price or packaging as I only got a sample of this. I think I'm going to purchase the fill size once I finish the sample. My skin is combination. I get a little oily in the T zone during the day usually but not at all today!

on 12/7/2009 7:55:00 AM

This is an excellent primer and warrants the higher price tag atleast in my opinion ....... I do not wear primer with the exception of a small bit which I use on the underneath of my chin to blend in a bit of concealer to cover two small discolored spots ...... I had run out of a previous primer and wanted to try something else and MUA's reviews led me to La Base and I am forever grateful ...... it is a dream to work with and my concealer stays put all day as well as looks natural ....... thanks again MUA as this is a HG for me. Edit 7/16/2010 .... I still love this product but unfortunately my skin has changed ...... I revamped my skincare regimen and eliminated retin-a for a bit and noted that my skin texture has normalized and gone back to being normal ...... while La Base Pro worked amazingly well for me in in the past, these last few months with my skin balancing out has caused La Base Pro to look oily on me ..... I only have a few spots which I use concealer on and you can actually see the concealer get runny looking and start to slip off ..... within minutes you can not even note where I dotted on some concealer ........ this product is still a hit in my opinion (for certain types such as those who are drier,) ....... since I am back to normal skin tone, I have found that a primer from YSL works better for me. (I have changed my rating ....... I give this product a 5 for those who have skin that tends to get dry but for regular skin tone a much lower rating, and therefore I will meet in the middle and change my rating to a 3.)

on 3/17/2009 9:59:00 PM

No results at all--what am I doing wrong?

I read the terrific reviews here and went out and bought a bottle. I did the half-face test--moisturizer first as recommended all over, then La Base Pro on the left side only, then makeup and powder. I went for over 12 hours.

The result? No difference between the two sides of my face. None. I checked every couple of hours. No difference in lid or undereye creasing, pore visibility, sides-of-nose pooling, shine, color, apparent smoothness, no perceptible difference at all.

I applied it sparingly, which is what seems to be recommended. I'd love to find a base that extends the life of my makeup --why didn't this work for me?