My skin is combination, oily T-zone and very dry cheek and chin area. I bought it based on reviews, and am very happy with the product, even though this is my first primer and I have no idea how other primers would perform.
So what it does to me:
- Make skin silky smooth for foundation - it's so smooth I can't stop touching it to feel
- Keep my makeup the same for a whole 9 hours
- Even out skin tone - I noticed some red part on my face goes away
- Control the oil on my T-zone, I didn't have to blot or reapply anything
- Work wonder on the eye area.
What I think it doesn't do :
- Cover imperfections like zits, acne scars or very large pore. It does help a bit I think, but do not expect that it would cover your pores. But I still apply foundation and that layer would do the job, so I'm not really expecting it to do that, but still ... took off 1 lippie.
Some people would feel that it's oily but I believe the right word is "silky", just because of the silicone. It doesn't make my face oily though.
At first I didn't like it that much, but then I found out that I need to wait for a bit for it to settle down (dry out) on my face before liquid foundation, I guess if you apply another liquid layer on top when it's still wet, they would get mixed and the result wouldn't be as good.
It comes in a glass bottle with a pump. Yeah if you drop it it would break, but then, 90% of my cosmetics bottles are glasses anyway. Just be extra careful when holding it. I love the design though, very classic and elegant, and I like it that the bottle reflects what is inside : transparent, silky smooth, and high quality.
I am not really sure, however, how long it would last for daily use. If it's still here after 6 months, I'm definitely repurchasing :)