3.7

$42.00 on Sephora
Shop Now

Reviews

8 years ago

I bought this as a friend told me I HAD to have a primer! Its very expensive but you dont use very much each time so per use its not that bad I suppose. However, I don't rate it at all. On your hand it has a lovely velvet feel but when you put it on your face, it feels greasy, and I already have an oily T zone. I found when I out my Lancome Teint Idole 24hr foundation over the top, it doesnt "grip" to where the primer has been applied on my cheeks. It seems to go patchy. And I would have thought that a LAncome foundation would complement the primer but no. As of tomorrow, I will be applying my foundation to my moisturised face, like I always have done!!!

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

from

8 years ago

Overall, this product is just average for me. I tried it on half my face, under foundation to see if there was any difference in the longevity of the foundation. I have pale skin and a very oily t-zone. The difference between either side of my face was minimal. There was no difference in my oily t-zone - so it definitely did not help control the oil. It did make the foundation easy to apply and spread over my face, and initially fills in all the pores and lines perfectly. But because it didn't keep the pores / lines filled in (after 2 hours, no difference) or affect the longevity of foundation lasting on my face, I won't be purchasing this product again. I think I will try looking at other primer brands to see if they are any better.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBlond

8 years ago

I was very hesitant buying this product, since it was so expensive and I was afraid I would be disappointed. But I was looking for a good primer, and came across this while I was shopping. Now usually I do research on a product before I buy it, especially if it's expensive, just so I know exactly what I'm looking for. But, I really liked this primer. It makes my skin feel clean, and fresh and not too heavy. It does a really good job of priming the skin, giving a nice long-lasting effect to your makeup and just setting the skin. It looks very natural on my skin. I wouldn't say it's the perfect primer for pore and wrinkle reduction, but it does reduce the appearance of imperfections. It's very smooth and easy to put on. What I don't like about this product, is that it feels kinda greasy, and it takes a while for it to be properly blended in and dry before you put on your foundation. I think I would repurchase this product, because it's probably the best primer I've come across. But, we'll see if any other primers can compete with it and for a lower price.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

8 years ago

I USED THIS PRODUCT YEARS AGO AND I LIKED IT SO I DECIDED TO BUY IT AGAIN THIS YEAR.HOWEVER I DID BUY IT IN THE SUMMER LAST YEAR AND IT MADE MY MAKE UP LOOK NICE AS I THINK WEAR MY SKIN GOT WARM IT WARMED THE PRIMER UP TOO WHICH GAVE MY FOUNDATION A NICE DEWY LOOK.THIS HASN'T HAPPENED AND I THINK ITS BECAUSE MY SKIN IS QUITE DRY AND COLD AT THE MOMMENT.IT DOES LEAVE A LOVELY SOFT FINISH BUT I NEED TO BE USING SOMETHING ELSE I THINK.IT IS EXPENSIVE BUT YOU ONLY NEED A LITTLE BIT.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

I've been wanting to try this for a while since my current primer is almost out. I tested this on my hand a few times at different stores and I loved how it feels after putting it on. Finally I went to sephora and got a sample to test it out with my Mac F&B. I have to say that I have never been this disappointed with any makeup product until now. I have slightly oily skin and I believe that this is supposed to be oil free. Yes, it is silky smooth when you apply it however it does not work at all with my foundation. Maybe mine is too watery in texture but who knows. I found that it made it harder to apply Mac F&B. It did not cover up any pores and I don't even have huge ones. It did not make my foundation last at all. My face was the oiliest I have ever seen with makeup on. I gave it a try a couple times and it's the same thing. When I blotted with a paper, it completely rubbed the foundation off and I know it's not the blotting paper. This is such an expensive product and I was expecting great results with it. I'm currently using Gosh velvet primer for half the cost of that and it works way better than this. Arghh! Lancome this is a horrendous product..

About reviewer (60 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Dark

HairBlack

8 years ago

La Base. Goes on very smoothly, pleasant to the touch. No funky smell or anything. However, I don't find it efficient enough. I feel like it smooths the skin a bit but does not make my makeup application "glide" like promised. Also, it's way too expensive for a pretty average primer.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

This primer goes on like most silicone primers. It has the feel of the cult fave primer by Smashbox. It spreads on easily, fills in pores a li' bit and allows foundation to last longer. BUT there are differences between the two: Lancome only has these 2 ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer (so, basically its just "silicone for $42.00!" Though,maybe it could be great for peeps with extremely sensitive skin?) Smashbox not only has the silicone, it also contains some awesome ingredients to help your skin! The ingredients do vary upon what formula you buy. Some contain various Peptides....which I make sure all of my facial products contain, that has been proven to help diminish wrinkles and firming skin! And I do believe that each one contains Antioxidants, and other natural stuff, to caress your skin. Plus, none of the Smashbox formulas have the "gas like odor" that this Lancome sometimes has. With all that said...... IMPO, this is not worth the high price tag! I mean just read the ingredients! This stuff really is just overpriced silicone!!! Ya know, while I was searching for the perfect primer I became very weary as to why Lancomes Staff,on Sephora and on their website, never listed or gave customers a real answer for the list the ingredients.They would just say the spew what was already said in the description of the product. Well,found out why now! They didn't want us to know that it is basically just silicone and its crazily OVERPRICED for $42.00 and the know it too! I'll just stick with the one that also has added some awesome skin improving ingredients to boot!

About reviewer (189 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

8 years ago

It leaves my skin feeling great, but I just don't like the finish. It leaves a, greasy sort of finish. A good thing is though, no breakouts.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

from

8 years ago

very good product!!! amazing feeling on the skin dosen't make pimpels

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOily, Other

HairOther

8 years ago

My skin is very dry on my forehead and around my nose, so all foundations (even tinted moisturizers) tend to flake on these areas. The SA at the Lancôme counter tried La Base on me with the Lancôme tinted moisturizer with a satisfying result. I checked in the mirror a couple of hours later and there were still no dry patches to be seen. I received a sample to try at home so I used it a couple of time with my own foundation (Make Up For Ever Face & Body). It was very nice to use because it feels satiny on the skin, and the foundations glides very smoothly over the base. Unfortunately the air-brushed look didn’t last all day. After a few hours my forehead and cheeks showed some flakiness. I can’t really judge if this product extends the wear of foundations because my skin is not oily therefore foundations don’t fade a lot on me anyway, but I didn’t see any difference. Looking at the ingredients list (well... silicone, and more silicone), I really feel that you only pay for the brand. Basically, this primer creates a film between the skin and the make-up, but there are no specific ingredients to either moisturize dry skin or to control oiliness on combo / oily skins. At $42 a bottle this is definitely not something I’m gonna buy in full size.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

Age25-29