3.7

Shop Now

Reviews

2.0

7 years ago

Avoid if you have oily skin. I do, and the SA at Lancome sold me this as an oil-absorbing primer. It is not. It's simply oil-free, and for me that isn't enough; I need something that actually mops up oil. I was super-shiny within an hour, more so than without this product in fact. On the plus side, it did give a smooth finish to my base, as promised. So I can imagine it might be good for people without oily skin issues. I'm going back to the Lancome counter to complain about this being mis-sold to me!

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinVery Oily, Medium

HairBrown

3.0

7 years ago

A tiny amount of this is all you need. I like how silky it makes skin feel and how smoothly makeup goes on after. Shine control isn't bad but not outstanding either. I can see why some people describe it as feeling 'greasy' but I wouldn't say it's greasy at all just extremely silky and you really don't need a lot of product. I would recommend because foundation goes on so smoothly afterwards but if you're looking for shine control this may not be adequate.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

1.0

8 years ago

This primer was kind of costly.It cause me almost 80 SGD for a small bottle.Wanted to love this product badly , however it didn't work for me. Firstly ,the product took ages to dry on my skin ( Wouldn't be a product to use if you are in a hurry).After continuously using for a week i started to see clog pores, soon after pimples with pus started appearing. Threw this product into the trash and didn't want to give it a 2nd chance.

About reviewer (9 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

EyesBlack

8 years ago

I love this primer for face and eyes, it leaves skin feeling silky and makeup stays put all day! Or night!

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

1.0
from

8 years ago

Tried a sample of this and was not impressed. My makeup did not last anywhere near as long as it usually does with my regular primer- by about 3 pm I noticed my makeup had worn off in areas and my pores were visible again.

About reviewer (456 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Other

EyesHazel

2.0

8 years ago

It says oil-free which is good and I'm hoping it is because this felt greasy as and it didn't even act as a very good base as My make-up wore off anyway - this was way expensive and not even worth the money. Even though it made my skin feel silky and made my make up glide on - Will not be repurchasing.

About reviewer (83 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

8 years ago

This product overall is amazing to put your make up on with as it does not clump the make up and makes the foundation application overall smooth. I do agree that it makes your make up last longer especially when you are required to go to work or party. But the only problem is, is that it is very expensive. I would repurchase due to its ability to make my make up application easier and last longer.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

from

Review/Comparison here http://smudgenshine.blogspot.com/

About reviewer (1 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

EyesBlue

8 years ago

I bought this product to use with the Teint Idole Ultra 24, and love this much more than I loved the foundation! It gave a wonderfully airbrushed finish, my pores disappeared (albeit temporarily) and my foundation lasted a lot longer with it on. It does have a "primer" feel to it, although I guess that's to be expected with any primer in general, and as a result I'd only use it around my nose where my pores are largest, possibly only on special occasions or when my pores look particularly big.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

8 years ago

Yes it was expensive, but lasts quite a while. 1 pump of this primer is more than enough for the face. It does leave the surface of the face amazingly smooth. Short term, it's brilliant for applying and keeping the make-up on for an extended period of time; Long term, not so good for the skin as the silicone base only smooths the face by filling up uneven bits on the face, in turn slowly suffocating it. I only ever wear full makeup when I go out or a presentation or to do, so this base works fine, but I probably wouldn't use it on a daily basis simply because of how artificial it feels, and the thought of my poor skin being suffocated every time I use this as a primer puts it off a bit. Also, this pump applicator isn't so great either, when it runs low it pump just gives up, but I unscrewed the whole thing and scooped the rest out and there was A LOT left on the inside, it filled 1 TheBodyShop sample pot, which probably is another 15 pumps, possibly a £4 worth of product in it. For those of you who chuck the bottle in the bin when the pump stops pumping you're probably chucking away a good proportion of your money, spend 5minutes and scoop the rest into a little pot.. It is a good primer in a sense it does it job well, but am not sure if I will buy it again as it is 1) pricey and 2) personally I feel it prevents my skin from breathing each time I use it

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm