3.7

Shop Now

Reviews

3.0

4 years ago

I really don't think this product does everything it claims to do, at least not for me. I used a sample of this daily, and it lasted me about three weeks. It does feel nice on the skin. At first it feels a little greasy but it absorbs really quickly and then makes the skin feel smooth. But besides that, I don't think it "diffused light" or did much to improve the look of my skin. I also don't think it did much in terms of making my makeup last longer throughout the day - for that, I think it's comparable to any random primer out there. So although I like the way it felt on my skin, it didn't really seem to do much in the way of improving the way it looks.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

1.0

4 years ago

Feels really silky but will cause your face to look like you dipped it in grease by the end of the day. Beware if you have oily skin!

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Medium

HairBlond

4 years ago

Such a strange consistently, but it does the job. Skin feels wonderfully smooth. Would I repurchase? I might look around elsewhere and see if anything else works. I do need a foundation primer - seems to help my foundation/concealer stay in place. Is it my HG? Not sure yet.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

4 years ago

I have some fine lines and flaky patches on my skin, as well as pores on my cheeks and nose and this truly does seem to smooth my face for foundation application. Foundation stays on through the day and into the night, even in the heat. Quite pricey but it is a product that is effective in all the ways that I need a primer to perform.

About reviewer (32 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesGreen

5 years ago

La Base Pro has only two ingredients which made me really question its retail price (I got a full size for gratis). I used it all over and at first was not terribly impressed. I was looking for something to make my foundation last longer - La Base Pro did not do that (finding a better foundation did but that's another story). It also didn't help with oil control which, at the height of summer, which would have been appreciated. Now that I'm on retin-A, have dry skin and it's winter, this primer is great. It smoothes over flakes, creates a smooth surface for application and most importantly STOPS foundation from settling into fine lines! This is brilliant on the under eye area which can store concealer in its crevices and get dehydrated and crepe paper-like come 4pm. I don't like layering too many products on daily but I do use this under my eyes and it keeps the area looking plump and fresh as it forms a barrier between the skin and the moisture-sucking properties of most concealers.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

Holly crap!! This stuff is AMAZING!! Makes my skin look smooth and flawless!!! Pricey yes but worth every penny!!!!!!!

About reviewer (271 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

5 years ago

I really like this primer, I have quite dry skin and this smooths my skin out nicely in preparation for foundation. I found this to be quite similar to the smashbox photoready primer just not as heavy. Overall I really like it and find one pump is more than sufficient to cover my whole face and it doesnt break me out. I have repurchased a number of times and will continue to do so.

About reviewer (48 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I have very oily skin, and I used this primer after my Clarins Hyrda-Matte moisturiser, under Lancome Teint Miracle foundation. It kept me fairly matte for about three hours before I needed a touch-up of powder, and it was a little on the pricey side for just 25ml, but I am willing to give it four lipsticks simply for the texture! I cannot even begin to describe the feel of this! It is silky smooth and feels like air. It's like rubbing satin on your skin! It did not leave my skin chalky or dry-looking, as it is translucent, but my face felt pore less and soft. My foundation and concealer went on smoothly. I would recommend buying a sample of this just to feel the incredible texture. I would repurchase just for how nice it feels on my skin.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinOily, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

1.0

5 years ago

Do yourself a favour and do not buy this product. My t-zone gets a bit oily after 6-8 hours but with this, my skin felt like it was soaked in oil within the first 2 hours of wear. I was very disappointed because I read some great reviews about this but if you get an oily t-zone, or a bit oily in general, I do not recommend this at all. There are far better primers for a much lower price. :(

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Olive

5 years ago

My boyfriend bought this for me during one of my make up hauls three years ago and I finally finished the bottle three days ago!! Wow! I love this stuff! I have tried this and the smashbox photo primer as well.. and a couple of others including prestige brands and drugstore brands and this is HANDS DOWN the best primer I have ever used!! I love it! A little really went a long way for me. I am not pulling anyone's leg when I say this bottle (25ml) really lasted me 3 years!! I wear makeup pretty much 5 days a week, maybe once in a while during the weekends, and this really lived up to Lancome's reputation of selling great products! =). You can bet I will be buying me a new one this weekend!

About reviewer (9 reviews)

Age19-24