Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

3.5

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I am going to start off by saying, that I had bought this cleanser in December 2016. At that time, I began training for my up and coming lacrosse season. Since I am attending highschool, treating my acne and acne scars is one of my top skin care concerns. Therefore, I was searching for a product that would help keep my pores clean. From late December to early May, I have been using this product, both mornings and night. In this period, I have noticed that my acne scars from my past breakouts had become smaller and lighter. However, I would not give this product all the credit. During this same period, I had become more physically active. Meaning, I had been drinking more water, eating more healthy, and basically being more healthy than I normally am.

I gave this cleanser 3 (I wish I could give it a 3.5 actually) lipsticks SOLEY because although your skin feels very clean after one use, it does not do a well of a job getting off all the makeup you have on. I would sometimes have to use this product a second time just to get off my concealer under my eyes. Other than that I would have given this product top stars.

This cleanser does have a cooling effect when you massage it well onto your face. But doesn't leave your face dry.
I have oily skin, so I found this product to be great for washing away the makeup I had applied and the oil that had built up throughout the day.
It is also not a thick creamy cleanser, it's very very slightly liquidy and lightweight. And it is also easy to apply on your face. I have a Sephora silicone brush pad that I use with this to help massage it onto my face. But I have also just used my hands and both work just fine, Though, I find the brush pad to be more useful (because of all of the makeup it fails to remove).
I found the packaging to be perfecting fine. It was not hard to open. Closing after every use is easy and seals perfectly.

FIRST TIME USE
When I first used this product, I was surprised by how my skin felt afterward. I felt like I did not need to use a moisturizer. (PLEASE REMEMBER TO ALWAYS MOISTURIZER EVEN THOUGH IT FEELS LIKE YOU DO NOT NEED IT!!) My skin felt very refreshed which is perfect for waking up or after having a long day. One thing I was really worried about was that it would make my skin appear more oily for a few days since sometimes trying new products can cause a short time reaction, But lucky that was not the case. I had no crazy breakouts or abnormally oily appearance when starting this product.

I would like to say that this product really did not do much for my acne nor my scars since after my lacrosse season. My acne scars have not faded since and my acne has not disappeared or changed much. I am still using this product but I will be looking into others. I have re-bought this product a few times after my first purchase, so yes I will continue to purchase this again that is until I find another one. However, I would prefer a cleanser that takes off all my makeup in one go, leaves me a clean refresh feel and does treat my acne a bit.

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I always thought the more you pay the better you get, I've learned that Neutrogena makes some amazing products like this one. Not only is it easy to use and take off, it contains beta hydroxy(something essential for good skin). So stop using regular makeup cleansers and try to find one that does the most for your skin. It takes away dead skin, and goes deep into your pores, how many make up cleansers can say that?