Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I am going to start off by saying, that I had bought this cleanser in December 2016. At that time, I began training for my up and coming lacrosse season. Since I am attending highschool, treating my acne and acne scars is one of my top skin care concerns. Therefore, I was searching for a product that would help keep my pores clean. From late December to early May, I have been using this product, both mornings and night. In this period, I have noticed that my acne scars from my past breakouts had become smaller and lighter. However, I would not give this product all the credit. During this same period, I had become more physically active. Meaning, I had been drinking more water, eating more healthy, and basically being more healthy than I normally am.

I gave this cleanser 3 (I wish I could give it a 3.5 actually) lipsticks SOLEY because although your skin feels very clean after one use, it does not do a well of a job getting off all the makeup you have on. I would sometimes have to use this product a second time just to get off my concealer under my eyes. Other than that I would have given this product top stars.

This cleanser does have a cooling effect when you massage it well onto your face. But doesn't leave your face dry.
I have oily skin, so I found this product to be great for washing away the makeup I had applied and the oil that had built up throughout the day.
It is also not a thick creamy cleanser, it's very very slightly liquidy and lightweight. And it is also easy to apply on your face. I have a Sephora silicone brush pad that I use with this to help massage it onto my face. But I have also just used my hands and both work just fine, Though, I find the brush pad to be more useful (because of all of the makeup it fails to remove).
I found the packaging to be perfecting fine. It was not hard to open. Closing after every use is easy and seals perfectly.

When I first used this product, I was surprised by how my skin felt afterward. I felt like I did not need to use a moisturizer. (PLEASE REMEMBER TO ALWAYS MOISTURIZER EVEN THOUGH IT FEELS LIKE YOU DO NOT NEED IT!!) My skin felt very refreshed which is perfect for waking up or after having a long day. One thing I was really worried about was that it would make my skin appear more oily for a few days since sometimes trying new products can cause a short time reaction, But lucky that was not the case. I had no crazy breakouts or abnormally oily appearance when starting this product.

I would like to say that this product really did not do much for my acne nor my scars since after my lacrosse season. My acne scars have not faded since and my acne has not disappeared or changed much. I am still using this product but I will be looking into others. I have re-bought this product a few times after my first purchase, so yes I will continue to purchase this again that is until I find another one. However, I would prefer a cleanser that takes off all my makeup in one go, leaves me a clean refresh feel and does treat my acne a bit.

on 5/7/2016 12:40:00 AM

I've been using this face wash for 4 years now. I'm so glad they haven't changed it after all this time! When I use it, it gets off all of my makeup and it feels and smells amazing.

I tried switching to another neutrogena face wash, and i still have the full bottle because I immediately went back to this cream one.

Neutrogena really aced production with this one!
Go buy it :) xo

on 10/16/2013 7:23:00 AM

I really, really like this cleanser. I have combination skin (oily to very oily in the T-zone, normal to slightly dry on the cheeks, depending on the season). After only two weeks of using this every day, my skin has noticeably improved - it looks smoother, clearer and brighter. I also think that my pores look smaller. I have been using Philosophy products for several years and was very happy with them, but they are expensive - this does the job at a much lower price.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Very happy with this purchase.

I determine whether I like a cleanser by how I feel immediately after use, if my skin feels tight then the cleanser is too dry. This cleanser feels great on my skin & isn't drying.

It will be interesting to see how this product feels during summer yet it's perfect for the winter months.

During application I experienced what I thought was a stinging sensation & couldn't work out whether it was stinging or tingling as at times my skin can be a little sensitive. It ended up being a tingling refreshing menthol feel which I have grown to love.

For the price & size it certainly is good value. I will definitely purchase this product again.

on 12/21/2011 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

love it! i love cleansers that give a cool, tingly feeling when being washed off. it makes my face feel really clean and removes makeup better than philosophy's purity made siimple. i have combination skin (oily nose, dry skin everywhere else), and this wasn't too drying. i have severe acne, but it's mostly all gone flat and acne scars, and this did not cause any irritation or break me out.