Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

3.8

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance

This face wash does clean well. It has some kind of eucalyptus in it so it's cooling, which I like. Leaves skin soft and nice.
So the reason for the low review? It broke my skin out badly. Face washes shouldn't have scent in them, this one is obviously scented, which irritates skin. Face washes should also have gentle ingridents, if something breaks out your face it doesn't have gentle ingridents. I suspect it's made with cheap ingridents or just harsh ones.
No matter how cleansing or good a face wash is, it's irrelevant if it makes your face break out, because then you can't even use it. No one wants breakouts. If you breakout easily or have sensitive skin I'd recommend purpose face wash, or clean and clear unscented with no dyes they're super gentle, but cleansing.
(Even a white unscented bar of dove or other brand soap is great for sensitive skin and won't cause breakouts.)

love this! it cleans well and doesn't leave my face tight and dry

on 9/10/2012 11:58:00 AM

My roommate recommended this product to me...It is seriously amazing. It's easy to be swayed be the fancier packaging but if you want a HG cleanser that actually does what it is supposed to YOU WANT THIS ONE! I have a cosmetology license which allows me to try all the best in the industry but none compares to this! Not even to mention the accessibility I got mine at target 5.29 whoo!! acne flareups no more! soft, supple skin and I swear it has def. helped fade the few acne scars I had left!
speaking to the complaints on this product:
obviously it's going to sting/taste bad if you get it in your eyes/mouth people come on.

it is absolutely wonderful for oily skin idk what that girl's talking about.

and its not supposed to lather!! its a CREAM cleanser!!! feel free if you wish to return to a sub-par cleanser just because it can lather!

I use it with that Japanese cloth salux! HG will never buy a different cleanser again!

This is a REALLY good cleanser, and I find this better than the Clinique foaming-mousse for normal skin, which I used to use! As opposed to the Clinique, this product leaves my skin feeling refreshed, tingly, and clean without being dry, which the Clinique did. This is also more affordable and accessible than the Clinique, and I highly recommend this for normal to dry or dry skin! :) My cousin also uses this and she has combination skin, and it works well for her. Also, I have normal to dry skin, and it isn't acne prone and is pretty sensitive.

I LOVE the menthol feeling to this, and you don't need a lot. The consistency is thick and creamy without being too thick. The only gripe I have is that it's pretty messy and gets all over my mouth when I rinse it off and does NOT taste good. I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin, obviously, because it's a cream cleanser, and sensitive skin because the menthol can sometimes be borderline burning and it IS scented, and contains sulfates.

For a drugstore face wash I really like this and is well worth the price. I find it comparable to the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel for all skin types and that one is about 3 times the price of this one.