Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance

This face wash does clean well. It has some kind of eucalyptus in it so it's cooling, which I like. Leaves skin soft and nice.
So the reason for the low review? It broke my skin out badly. Face washes shouldn't have scent in them, this one is obviously scented, which irritates skin. Face washes should also have gentle ingridents, if something breaks out your face it doesn't have gentle ingridents. I suspect it's made with cheap ingridents or just harsh ones.
No matter how cleansing or good a face wash is, it's irrelevant if it makes your face break out, because then you can't even use it. No one wants breakouts. If you breakout easily or have sensitive skin I'd recommend purpose face wash, or clean and clear unscented with no dyes they're super gentle, but cleansing.
(Even a white unscented bar of dove or other brand soap is great for sensitive skin and won't cause breakouts.)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I broke out with painful pimples on the sides of my cheeks and on my forehead after using this. It was harsh and drying on my skin. After I stopped using this and continued with my regular routine my skin went back to normal after a few weeks.

on 11/17/2011 3:54:00 AM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE! This cleanser would have been amazing if it didn't have any menthol in it! I hate menthol in cleansers! It burns and stings my face and just doesnt make my face feel clean at all! YUCK!

I wish they could make a cream cleanser for sensitive skin.. come on neutrogena!

This didn't dry my skin out like previous cleansers, but it did allow for my skin to become extremely oily. I can actually use this three times a day and still be oily. The concentrated amounts of alcohol in this burn my eyes, and I now have pink eye. It does feel deep cleaning though. Just didn't really improve the quality of my skin. Also had trouble lathering it up. Not recommended.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

I am going to start off by saying, that I had bought this cleanser in December 2016. At that time, I began training for my up and coming lacrosse season. Since I am attending highschool, treating my acne and acne scars is one of my top skin care concerns. Therefore, I was searching for a product that would help keep my pores clean. From late December to early May, I have been using this product, both mornings and night. In this period, I have noticed that my acne scars from my past breakouts had become smaller and lighter. However, I would not give this product all the credit. During this same period, I had become more physically active. Meaning, I had been drinking more water, eating more healthy, and basically being more healthy than I normally am.

I gave this cleanser 3 (I wish I could give it a 3.5 actually) lipsticks SOLEY because although your skin feels very clean after one use, it does not do a well of a job getting off all the makeup you have on. I would sometimes have to use this product a second time just to get off my concealer under my eyes. Other than that I would have given this product top stars.

This cleanser does have a cooling effect when you massage it well onto your face. But doesn't leave your face dry.
I have oily skin, so I found this product to be great for washing away the makeup I had applied and the oil that had built up throughout the day.
It is also not a thick creamy cleanser, it's very very slightly liquidy and lightweight. And it is also easy to apply on your face. I have a Sephora silicone brush pad that I use with this to help massage it onto my face. But I have also just used my hands and both work just fine, Though, I find the brush pad to be more useful (because of all of the makeup it fails to remove).
I found the packaging to be perfecting fine. It was not hard to open. Closing after every use is easy and seals perfectly.

FIRST TIME USE
When I first used this product, I was surprised by how my skin felt afterward. I felt like I did not need to use a moisturizer. (PLEASE REMEMBER TO ALWAYS MOISTURIZER EVEN THOUGH IT FEELS LIKE YOU DO NOT NEED IT!!) My skin felt very refreshed which is perfect for waking up or after having a long day. One thing I was really worried about was that it would make my skin appear more oily for a few days since sometimes trying new products can cause a short time reaction, But lucky that was not the case. I had no crazy breakouts or abnormally oily appearance when starting this product.

I would like to say that this product really did not do much for my acne nor my scars since after my lacrosse season. My acne scars have not faded since and my acne has not disappeared or changed much. I am still using this product but I will be looking into others. I have re-bought this product a few times after my first purchase, so yes I will continue to purchase this again that is until I find another one. However, I would prefer a cleanser that takes off all my makeup in one go, leaves me a clean refresh feel and does treat my acne a bit.

Not a fan of this cleanser. I usually use the deep clean foaming cleanser (even though it is very drying) and I thought I would try this as it is not foaming so figured it might be gentler on my skin. First thing is, it burns like no tomorrow!!!! The menthol in it is a cooling/burning effect on my skin and if you get it any where near your eyes be prepared to feel the burning there too! Barely used much of it and feel like I've wasted money but will not be able to continue using.

CONS:

* Didn't deep clean my pores as much as I would like and didn't really feel like i was getting a good clean with it
* Burns like a mother*******! makes my eyes water if it gets near them too

PROS:

* Lathers ok for a cream cleanser and it is what I expected
* Feels hydrating and creamy after washed off (unsure if too greasy or not as I didn't use many times)

I like this cleanser. I have oily skin so I think this was too much for the summertime but during the winter months this is great. Creamy and minty and leaves skin tingly clean.

on 4/29/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Firstly, I love this cleanser! I've been using it forever :)

I started using this to clean up my acne, and even though this cleanser doesn't specify it's for acne, I really think it is and that it may be too harsh/strong for people who don't have acne concerns and sensitive skin. My acne is pretty average, I don't get it that bad, thankfully, but when I did start breaking out, I picked up this and it really helped me out!
You can get this stuff almost anywhere, drugstores, walmart, etc. and it's super affordable, I can get it on sale for 7.99, not bad.
The smell isn't exactly fruit or floral or pleasant, but not unpleasant, just smells like face wash.
When my skin is really bad, I wash my face for about 30 seconds, then leave it on my skin, kind of like a mask, for another 30 seconds, I really like doing this because I think this lets the cleanser kind of focus and concentrate on getting into the skin. It definitely feels like a deep clean, so you get that tingly, harsh kind of sensation, and sometimes i'll only leave it on my face for an extra 15-20 seconds instead of 30 seconds. Rinsing it off after leaving it on for a while is a really great fresh and awakening sensation and my face feels nice and cool and clean afterwards. It can feel a but drying, but not a concern because I moisturize after. I use it daily, twice a day, and it works great for me.

Overall, this is a great, cheap cleanser that has a great amount of power !

on 4/9/2013 9:21:00 AM

I had been using Paulas Choice for years on my sensitive combo skin. The past year my face had gone downhill fast. Scars, lots of bumps, white heads under the skin, blackheads etc. PC's 2% BHA was doing nothing. I was diagnosed with Sebaceous hyperplasia on top of it all. One day I looked really closely in a magnifying mirror after cleansing and realized my PC cleanser was doing NOTHING. My pores were so clogged. I quickly looked on here for a decent cleanser I could buy locally and this product rated in the 80% would use again with a good number of reviews. Ran to the drugstore and picked it up that day. Washed my face once and the difference in that mirror was huge. Pores were actually clear! No wonder my face was going downhill, my cleanser was doing nothing and the BHA's were unable to help. I have been using this cleanser now for over a week. My face is clearing up a lot. Bumps I thought would never go away are clearing up. Little whiteheads are disappearing, even the ones under the skin. Blackheads are clearing up. I am very very pleased. I do have 2 cons. One is the smell. Kind of icky. But I can deal since the results are worth it. The other is that it is drying. I am careful to moisturize really well. But with my combo skin and moving into summer I expect that will not be an issue soon.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Very happy with this purchase.

I determine whether I like a cleanser by how I feel immediately after use, if my skin feels tight then the cleanser is too dry. This cleanser feels great on my skin & isn't drying.

It will be interesting to see how this product feels during summer yet it's perfect for the winter months.

During application I experienced what I thought was a stinging sensation & couldn't work out whether it was stinging or tingling as at times my skin can be a little sensitive. It ended up being a tingling refreshing menthol feel which I have grown to love.

For the price & size it certainly is good value. I will definitely purchase this product again.