Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

Filtered by age: 19-24
Neutrogena Deep Clean Oil-Free Cream Cleanser

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, PPG 15 Stearyl Ether, Methyl Gluceth 20, Steareth 21, Gelatin, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth 2, DEA Cetyl Phosphate, Disodium EDTA, Menthol, Fragrance

on 7/4/2017 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

With each use of this cleanser my face looks brighter and I feel that the pores on my cheeks and around my nose are noticeably smaller. Bumps on the outer parts around my faces have flattened and my skin is more noticeably even. When I use toner on a cotton pad there is never any left over dirt from my skin. Even if I don't use a face brush or tool to clean my face this cleanser really does deep clean with just using fingers. I’ve noticed foundation makeup blends more seamlessly into my skin and when applying highlighter there is a lot less texture on my skin. Since this was only $4 I will be repurchasing in the future.

I recently repurchased this cleanser, and I am loving it again. I am the type to have to try everything, like I can't just stick to certain things, I think it's because I get bored of stuff easily. but anyways this is a really good, basic cleanser, it will remove traces of makeup after your first cleansing step. this will not remove a full face. this was around $7 at CVS, and you get a lot of product for your money. if u have up to combo skin, you will like this cleanser, it won't dry you out too much, also another reviewer said it helps a little with some breakouts and I find it true too because I have 2 pimples already decrease in size

Not a fan of this cleanser. I usually use the deep clean foaming cleanser (even though it is very drying) and I thought I would try this as it is not foaming so figured it might be gentler on my skin. First thing is, it burns like no tomorrow!!!! The menthol in it is a cooling/burning effect on my skin and if you get it any where near your eyes be prepared to feel the burning there too! Barely used much of it and feel like I've wasted money but will not be able to continue using.

CONS:

* Didn't deep clean my pores as much as I would like and didn't really feel like i was getting a good clean with it
* Burns like a mother*******! makes my eyes water if it gets near them too

PROS:

* Lathers ok for a cream cleanser and it is what I expected
* Feels hydrating and creamy after washed off (unsure if too greasy or not as I didn't use many times)

on 5/7/2016 12:40:00 AM

I've been using this face wash for 4 years now. I'm so glad they haven't changed it after all this time! When I use it, it gets off all of my makeup and it feels and smells amazing.

I tried switching to another neutrogena face wash, and i still have the full bottle because I immediately went back to this cream one.

Neutrogena really aced production with this one!
Go buy it :) xo

on 4/29/2015 12:24:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Firstly, I love this cleanser! I've been using it forever :)

I started using this to clean up my acne, and even though this cleanser doesn't specify it's for acne, I really think it is and that it may be too harsh/strong for people who don't have acne concerns and sensitive skin. My acne is pretty average, I don't get it that bad, thankfully, but when I did start breaking out, I picked up this and it really helped me out!
You can get this stuff almost anywhere, drugstores, walmart, etc. and it's super affordable, I can get it on sale for 7.99, not bad.
The smell isn't exactly fruit or floral or pleasant, but not unpleasant, just smells like face wash.
When my skin is really bad, I wash my face for about 30 seconds, then leave it on my skin, kind of like a mask, for another 30 seconds, I really like doing this because I think this lets the cleanser kind of focus and concentrate on getting into the skin. It definitely feels like a deep clean, so you get that tingly, harsh kind of sensation, and sometimes i'll only leave it on my face for an extra 15-20 seconds instead of 30 seconds. Rinsing it off after leaving it on for a while is a really great fresh and awakening sensation and my face feels nice and cool and clean afterwards. It can feel a but drying, but not a concern because I moisturize after. I use it daily, twice a day, and it works great for me.

Overall, this is a great, cheap cleanser that has a great amount of power !

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I broke out with painful pimples on the sides of my cheeks and on my forehead after using this. It was harsh and drying on my skin. After I stopped using this and continued with my regular routine my skin went back to normal after a few weeks.

love this! it cleans well and doesn't leave my face tight and dry

on 9/10/2012 11:58:00 AM

My roommate recommended this product to me...It is seriously amazing. It's easy to be swayed be the fancier packaging but if you want a HG cleanser that actually does what it is supposed to YOU WANT THIS ONE! I have a cosmetology license which allows me to try all the best in the industry but none compares to this! Not even to mention the accessibility I got mine at target 5.29 whoo!! acne flareups no more! soft, supple skin and I swear it has def. helped fade the few acne scars I had left!
speaking to the complaints on this product:
obviously it's going to sting/taste bad if you get it in your eyes/mouth people come on.

it is absolutely wonderful for oily skin idk what that girl's talking about.

and its not supposed to lather!! its a CREAM cleanser!!! feel free if you wish to return to a sub-par cleanser just because it can lather!

I use it with that Japanese cloth salux! HG will never buy a different cleanser again!

on 11/17/2011 3:54:00 AM

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE! This cleanser would have been amazing if it didn't have any menthol in it! I hate menthol in cleansers! It burns and stings my face and just doesnt make my face feel clean at all! YUCK!

I wish they could make a cream cleanser for sensitive skin.. come on neutrogena!

This is a REALLY good cleanser, and I find this better than the Clinique foaming-mousse for normal skin, which I used to use! As opposed to the Clinique, this product leaves my skin feeling refreshed, tingly, and clean without being dry, which the Clinique did. This is also more affordable and accessible than the Clinique, and I highly recommend this for normal to dry or dry skin! :) My cousin also uses this and she has combination skin, and it works well for her. Also, I have normal to dry skin, and it isn't acne prone and is pretty sensitive.

I LOVE the menthol feeling to this, and you don't need a lot. The consistency is thick and creamy without being too thick. The only gripe I have is that it's pretty messy and gets all over my mouth when I rinse it off and does NOT taste good. I wouldn't recommend this for oily skin, obviously, because it's a cream cleanser, and sensitive skin because the menthol can sometimes be borderline burning and it IS scented, and contains sulfates.

For a drugstore face wash I really like this and is well worth the price. I find it comparable to the Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel for all skin types and that one is about 3 times the price of this one.