Redken UV Rescue Shimmering Defense Daily Care Protective Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

Redken UV Rescue Shimmering Defense Daily Care Protective Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

4.5

on 1/1/2009 4:08:00 PM

I like this product a lot! It has a nice light scent, acts as an anti-frizz product, heat styling product, and leave in moisture treatment all in one.
The only thing that irritates me is the packaging!!! It has this twist top thing where you squirt out the amount you want, but when you twist it close it squirts a little more out (and leaving the top open isn't an option because it sits on it's top... ugh it's hard to explain you'd have to look at a picture or see it for yourself).
I'd definitely buy it again though!

on 7/25/2008 5:55:00 PM

I bought this as part of a set with the shampoo, conditioner, and this plus a picnic mat. It was 75% off at the hair salon, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to go for it. For the past month I've been carrying it around in my purse. It is a great smelling (citrusy) gel that helps get rid of the frizzies in the afternoon. This has been enough. It's very lightweight and doesn't weigh my hair down, but still helps control my afternoon frizz.

Today I went to a water park and spent some really fun time in the water. That is, fun for me, not so much for my hair. My hair is pretty damaged by coloring and the chlorine in the water seemed to make it much worse. My hair was rough and frizzy as it started drying this afternoon. I used this gel on it, and not too much of it and within seconds, my hair was soft, shiny, and minimally frizzy. The change was astonishing. One second dry, frizzy, rough hair and the next shiny, soft, and manageable. Awesome. Before, I thought this was a nice enough product, but now I think it is HG for hair after going swimming. That is really what the product was designed for and while it makes a good enough defrizzer, I may decide to save it for after sun times only.

Popular Styling Products