NARS Dolce Vita

NARS Dolce Vita
Nars Dolce Vita BlushNARS Dolce VitaNo Nars Dolci Vita and Bobbi Brown Rose Petal l/s

4.5

on 10/13/2017 2:09:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

LOVE this blush and LOVE this color! I've had this blush for almost a year now and I still have a TON of product left. It's a very buildable blush, beautiful, and vibrant. I get complimented on it everyday. What I love the most is how natural it is. I have tan skin, and it looks good on me during the summer when I'm tanner, and in the winter when I'm lighter. It's a great product and I'm sure it will last me for years to come. You only need to use a little bit because of how pigmented it is. So glad this was recommended to me by my friend. Love this product!

I was so ready to love this blush, particularly since Dolce Vita lipstick is such a good shade on me. But I learned a lesson with this blush--even though I am neutral/cool and cool lipsticks and eye makeup look best on me (can't wear brown at all), I need a little warmth in my blush. This just looked muddy.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This does not wow me. Sometimes blushes that are browned rose look really flattering on me, but sometimes they make my skin look like made up and dull. I think there is a fine line with undertones and darkeness if it is going to be flattering or unflattering. I had the exact same problem with and ELF blush that was said to be a dupe of this color. The only way, I can wear this blush is on my lips. On my cheeks it is no where near as flattering as my Neals Yards Rose blush which is also a browned rose tone and my HG blush. I can see however how this blush is very well made and good quality. I just dont like the color. I feel ugly when I wear this. I am really pale, blond, but still yellow toned. I wear Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation in porcelain and with MAC I would probably be NC 15.

on 3/4/2016 2:52:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is such a beautiful blush. Even though mu skin is deep I tend to stay away form plummy/mauve and other deep blushes because I think it makes my skin look dull and sullen.

I love this blush. It applies smoothly. It can go on sheer or deeper. I like that is its matte too as it would co-ordinate well with deeper lips or eyes. This looks similar to MAC's Desert Rose but Dole Vita is a tad deeper. I could see this working for a spectrum of skin tones. Only a touch is needed when applied. This is very pigmented and I could see myself having this for a very long time. Worth the investment.

on 7/29/2016 4:52:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I fought myself over buying this blush because it's super expensive (think 30+ dollars...I'm in Canada), but all the reviews said it was good for olive skin tones, so I decided to use my Sephora gift card for it. I'm so happy I did! :) Plus blushes last forever which makes the initial cost easier to bear.

This blush is a beautiful dusty rose-brown and it makes my face look brighter and more softly lit. I'm a pale olive (maybe NC15-ish) and this has just the right amount of pigmentation to look lovely. Even if I overdo it, I can easily buff it out. It's not like those cheap hyperpigmented blushes where you look sunburnt if you overdo it! This blush lasts approximately 12 hours on me and my skin is fairly oily so it's definitely worth the buy, especially If you're olive in tone and everything else doesn't quite work!

on 12/27/2016 9:51:00 AM

This blush made me a bronzer convert! After foundation I always want to add dimension back into my face-- but pinks just aren't my thing, peach blushes either look flat against my pale yellow skin, or are too bright. Corals are sometimes too bright for me who prefers a muted look. I went on a search for a HG nude blush but again bc im fair and yellow a lot of supposed nudes were quite pink on my skin, even if they weren't in the pan.

On a whim I walked into sephora during their sale set on probably buying nars deep throat or something-- im sick the of bronzer/HL look and really wanted a staple blush that I could throw on every day and it would be my blush color.

I was in SiJCP so there were only like 8 blush displays showing and even though deep throat was there my eye kept traveling to dolce vita-- a red, but nude, but muted, maybe a tad rose, not too dark.. It's hard to put into words why it drew my eye in, but it did.

I asked an SA to borrow a blush brush-- sweeped deep throat onto one cheek, dolce vita onto the other. And that's it-- I was sold! I have reached for dolce vita every day for a month, and for me that's a huge feat-- bc typically I buy blushes and they just serve as drawer ornaments. I can't not reach for this blush. I am obsessed with it.

I have brown eyes and hair-- somewhere around an nc15/nc20 in the winter. Im a true nc20 in warmer seasons -- I never am quite a true nc15 in the winter. Im pretty sallow-- I don't have much natural flush to my skin-- I have that fair Mediterranean skin that just goes yellow and a bit gray in sunless weather.

This blush really livens up my face without looking like obvious pink or peach or coral circles. I lightly bronze around the peripherals of my face only. Then take my blush brush. Dab lightly twice into the pan and apply to the apples of my cheeks. 2 dabs for each side of my face. And for my skintone this is just perfect to create a lively and healthy flush. It doesn't look too bright or rashy. It is incredibly natural.

Someone reviewed this who has fair skin and said this blush makes them feel like Snow White. I totally get that. I get that feeling from it too. If you have dark features but fair skin this may just be your best friend blush. It looks dark in the pan but don't be intimidated bc it blends out incredibly easily. I will definitely repurchase this blush bc this is the only blush I ever see me using up.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is the most universally flattering blush I have ever seen. Opaque with one swipe,smooth & easy to blend.Its is also versatile for a night out or work.I love Nars products & the price for this blush is on par with other higher end brands including Mac.There is a reason why in Sephora & Nordstrom this is always out of stock.

on 3/13/2015 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Gorgeous blush, great for everyday. It's very pigmented and blends easily.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This is a matte blush in a very compact powder formula. It is a slightly-warm dusty rose shade. It is so highly pigmented, you definitely need to be careful about application. I think for the right person, this would be a good product. If you are N25+, and if you have oily skin, this might be good for you. As a PPP with dry winter skin, I found it difficult to blend. It's not bad, I just have cooler shades of rose blushes that blend better, like my Jordana blush. So, I understand the cult following but it's not for me. I will give away.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This was the first Nars blush but I ended up returning it and getting Torrid. After collecting a few( 5 to be precise), I wondered if I should give it a try again do I did. I ended up liking it for the winter and fall as it gave a purple-pink flush and complimeted so many makeup looks. It has quickly become my most favorite blush of all my blushes, I would wear this year round too because it just gorgeous. Definitely recommend for golden or olive skin tones, although it could look lovely on pale girls if used very sparingly( using too much would make you look feverish!)