Lancome Tonique Radiance

3.3

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have a small bottle of this from a GWP (coincided w Mother's Day 2016). It seems nice. I know it is expensive. I have very oily skin. It must have a lot of alcohol becoz it evaporates off my shiseido cotton squares very quickly b4 I've even barely finished wiping down my face/neck. I do not see a ton of grime behind on my cotton but I see more on my HG toners from Formula10-0-6, Seabreeze, & Clinique. And 10-0-6 is about $6 for a decent sized bottle that lasts a couple of months w daily use (I have the sensitive skin in the AM & oily skin deep cleansing PM toners on current rotation from 10-0-6), I'm going to use this up, it makes my skin feel a bit tight & very clean but I'm not into HE skincare. I'd buy it if price wasn't a concern. I use toner twice a day it's like deodorant, bodywash, face wash, hairspray et al daily I can't be bothered to pay $40 or $50 for a skincare item!

on 12/1/2015 3:49:00 PM

As far as toners go this one is just Meh. And it's an expensive Meh at that.

It doesn't make my skin feel refreshed or extra-clean, the cotton pad doesn't show any left-behind dirt or grime when I'm finished. I really feel like this product isn't doing anything for me at all.

Two lippies instead of just one because it isn't drying or irritating to my combo-oily skin. But for now I'm going to stick with my Clinique Clarifying Lotion.

Won't buy this again.

To Read all 25 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/14/2015 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Stay away! Very irritating toner with alcohol as the second ingredient! Plenty of fragrance as well!

Love this! It really has improved my skin this summer. I am curious if this I something I'll use in the winter when my skin is drier. I only use this at night and on my problem areas: my problem areas have cleared of acne, blackheads, and whiteheads.

on 3/7/2013 9:13:00 AM

I like this toner ok. I bought the big 400ml bottle which will probably last me a LONG time. I wanted to love it but it is just average. I don't see a ton extra come off on the cotton pads when I use it but my face does feel a little tighter and cleaner.

I am not in love with the scent but it smells a HECK of a lot better than straight witchhazel.

I will use up what I have but I probably will move on to another toner when it is gone.

on 2/14/2013 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this in a special limited edition 400 mL size. I have used this off and on for years. It really feels like a toner. It does have alcohol in it, which I like because it helps remove dead skin cells and exfoliate. Some may find it too much, but my skin can handle it. I feel refreshed after using it. I love it!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this toner, perfect for my combination skin. It has a wonderful fragrance, doesn't dry out my skin or make it feel tight. It also makes my skin softer and smoother and I feel that my moisturiser is better absorbed because of this. Its priced way too high for a toner but it lasts for months so its good value for money.

on 6/10/2012 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Love this stuff. My skin was super clogged and dull before using this. It does have alcohol but not enough to burn my super sensitive skin. I don't use this every day but, it is an essential part of my skincare routine. The fragrance doesn't bother me. All of Lancome's products smell pretty good to me. This does not dry my skin out and I have normal to combination skin (drier in winter and oilier in summer). I can wash then tone with this and my skin feels comfortable. The packaging is pretty as a side note.

on 5/24/2012 7:40:00 PM

I've been using this for a few weeks, it's okay. I like exfoliating toners because i always have clogged skin. Someone sent me a really big sample containers of this, so i finally got to try it. It *does* have a strong smell, but nothing terrible. I smell the rose, but don't smell the alcohol. It's just nothing special so i would not purchase a whole bottle. I wish there were more exfoliating toners out there. If you want an amazing exfoliating toner, Awake Exfolizer is just that, except it's $40. :(. But i would buy that one over this lancome any day of the week.

Geez, I cannot fathom some of these bad reviews! I find this product excellent after I use my Lancome Cream Confort cleanser and the Lancome Bifacil for the eye makeup. It's excellent because it:

* erases anything that my other cleanser misses (and the white pad is proof of that!)
* seems to keep pimples, cystic, millea at bay
* gives clarity to the skin by cleansing it, creating a very fresh, but not tight feeling
* love the subtle flower scent (my nose doesn't detect alcohol so maybe they have amped up their fragrance area)
* controls oiliness in my T-zone

For years, I used the Lancome Focus Toner, which was extremely beneficial for my skin. It kept acne at bay, and stabilized my skin. It was recently discontinued, so I sampled this product as a substitute and am liking the product as a suitable substitute for my old Focus Toner.