Givenchy Phenomen'eyes Mascara

Givenchy Phenomen'eyes Mascara
givenchy mascara

3.4

aqua, paraffin, cera alba (beeswax), polybutene, styrene/acrylates/ammonium methacrylate copolymer, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, palmitic acid, stearic acid, triethanolamine, vp/eicosene copolymer, acacia senegal (acacia senegal gum), hydroxyethylcellulose, phenoxyethanol, glycerin, panthenol, butylene glycol, terasodium edta, sodium lauryl sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, disodium cetyl phenyl ether disulfonate, potassium sorbate, methylparaben, propylparaben, edta, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben, bht, CI 77266 (Black 2), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides).

Worst mascara I have ever had. Think of everything you look for in a mascara. Well, this is the complete opposite

on 6/18/2016 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hate it! Is supposed to lenghten, thicken and seperate. Does nothing of this at all. I have spare and thin lashes and this mascara was recommended. Instead, it left me with clumpy and spidery lashes. No thanks, this is nothing for me.

on 5/12/2016 5:41:00 AM

The worst mascara I have bought. I prefer the Dior and chanel mascaras.

My holy grail !! Ive been using this mascara for years now and I always keep coming back to it everytime I try a new one that dissapoints me. This never fails, its pricey but worth it.

on 7/5/2015 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Very nice product; tried it first as a sample from Sephora. Long, thick gorgeous lashes with minimal effort and only 1 coat. No flakes or smearing. Have since purchased the full size and love it.

on 3/24/2015 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

My first few attempts with this wand, were a little hit and miss.

When starting out to use this I found the best results for me, were to use a dab off the mascara from the end of the wand on to tissue and have a cotton bud handy in case I need to tidy up mistakes. I think loading up the wand with too much product causes issues. Its easier to use the "drier" it is, because when its new it seems quite "wet", so the older the mascara the easier the product is to manage.

The combo of the wand and mascara is really good - my lashes look long and remain curled all day. For me this works as lengthening not volumizing mascara.

I've not experienced any mascara flaking off.

Cons are that the mascara takes a minute to apply, if you just want to sweep on mascara and go, then this is not for you. Also and it can be stubborn to remove, more so than Chanel's waterproof mascara

I personally find it better than Chanel's Le Volume mascara

on 12/28/2014 6:01:00 PM

3.5 lippies if I could, mediocre mascara. I find the brush is mostly functional for the ends of your lashline. However, for someone like me with stubby straight(ish) Asian lashes, the round wand actually makes application kinda annoying because its a) slower and b) you have to maneuver the wand as you go along to avoid accidental smudging. That being said, if you're careful and patient it gives nice length, not the most amazing volume, but the separation is great! No clumpy lashes and I love that it coats lashes while maintaining separation. Staying power is ok. I've had it smudge every now and then but good for the most part.

Overall pros are good lash separation/definition, wand is great for outer edges of lash line,
cons are it takes more effort/time, occasional smudging, and for the price the results are not outstanding or anything.

on 12/12/2014 5:11:00 AM

As a MUA and SPA-Therapist I felt I had to write a review, as this particular Givenchy mascara is awful. I love the wand and it does a beautiful job at fanning out your lashes, but the mascara never sets. It stays moist on your lashes and smudges. This unfortunately happened to me at work and luckily I noticed this after my first customer (55min Swedish massage). I managed to wipe away most of the product from under my eyes, which is, for a water based mascara, hard to remove which is odd as it smudges so much. But I was horrified that such a luxurious and expensive mascara could fail so miserably! I'm a MUA and a make-up junkie, but this has never previously happened to me. Not even with really cheap mascaras! Do not buy this!

on 9/8/2014 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine

I very rarely write any reviews for MA, but this product is SO BAD that i wanted to warn you guys. I bought this because it was highly recommended by a MUA on UTube. When I went to Sephora to buy it, the lady that helped me tried to convince me not to buy it. I should have listened to her. In the first place, the mascara itself is horrible. It's blobby, dries out and flakes like crazy. Hard to apply without getting it all over. Since you have to keep your eyes wide open to get this stuff on, my eyes start to tear after a while and sting. The little ball looks like a good idea and if you have a couple of hours to put on mascara, go for it. I threw away the mascara and kept the applicator to separate my lashes when I apply another brand of mascara. I really hated this. And for the outstandingly high price they are charging for it, I learned my lesson. If the people at Sephora hate this, stay clear!

BTW, if you want to try the rounded brush for a lot cheaper price, Sephora now sells a pack of disposable mascara brushes in three different shapes, one being the rounded brush. I just wash them and reuse. For $7.99, it's a whole lot cheaper than Givenchy.

on 9/6/2014 4:08:00 AM

It bought it because it made my eyelashes so full in store, but when i realized during the that us was leaving stain marks around my eyes.

It really does to the job in allowing for full lashes but I don't want to be check in my eyes continuously.

Popular Mascaras