Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

3.9

Talc, methylparaben( /- May contain, Cl 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499/ Iron )

on 1/16/2018 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this to go with the dermablend foundation which I love for covering blemishes (I use it as a concealer as it would be way too thick/cakey as an all-over foundation) however it is extremely cakey and looks terrible after a couple of hours (it seems to semi-dissolve the foundation?)

Its not cheap either! Do yourself a favour and skip this and just buy a normal powder to set the foundation. It also has high levels of talc which you wouldn't expect in an expensive product

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved this powder as it kept my oily skin at bay for around 4 hours. This is great for my fair skin and is really finely milled making my skin so soft. Only downfall is that you get little product for the amount you pay.

on 6/25/2017 12:17:00 PM

I find this a great basic setting powder. The current version has just one ingredient (talk), no color, no fragrance or anything else. I usually apply it heavily to set under eye concealer or for the Dermablend liquid corrective foundation, and in both cases it makes the make-up last till it gets washed off, regardless of heat, humidity, sweat or anything else. It also mattifies skin to an extent, perhaps not the best for oily skin or oil control, but it definitely mutes any glow or shine. Compared to other talk based setting powders this one isn't as drying for skin, so that's a huge plus. While the powder is transparent and doesn't add any color, it can turn the make-up underneath somewhat paler and add an ashy cast. The price is ok too, especially considering the jar holds 25 g. The powder quaste is somewhat mediocre, though, but it can be used in a pinch. For whatever reason this setting powder is often sold out here in Germany, so I always get a replacement once I get past half the jar.

on 9/18/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It's a really good powder for setting makeup and leaves a smooth natural finish (has an SPF too)!. I would recommend this more for normal/oily skins; since if you already have dryness this will probably make your face look a lot drier. I don't think this leaves a white mark on my face (despite the look of the powder) when applied sparingly and with a brush (not the enclosed puff).

The packaging is sturdy. I tend to tip some powder into the lid and swirl my brush in it, removing the excess. Pretty easy. Although if you were doing your makeup in a rush this may be a bit annoying. Not very travel friendly either. It works well with the Vichy dermablend foundation but I hate that foundation's orange glow and caked appearance (i'm very pale); this powder seems to help a LOT to make that foundation more wearable. But this product can be used with any foundation/concealer combo I'm sure.

Overall, I love the way this makes my face look smooth and matte. It is definitely one of the best powders I have used (pretty pricey but worth it in my opinion). The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase it is because I hardly use it since my face is very dry at the moment and I can't use it when my face is dry.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I genually LOVE Dermablend. BUT, seriously, companies should start respect customers' intelligence: list of ingredients - Talc, Methylparaben.
We might as well buy our setting powder in a baby isle for 1/5 of the price.

on 2/8/2013 1:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

best translucent powder I've found to set my makeup all day. I use it on top of my Clinique stay matte oil free foundation and the Vichy Dermablend Concealer stick on my blemishes. I follow the directions by doing a (fairly heavy) all over powder with the puff it comes with, let it sit for 2 mins while I do my eyeshadow, and then lightly dust off the excess with a big powder brush. My makeup stays all day, the concealer doesn't slide off my blemishes like it used to, and my oily skin is more under control than with other powders I have tried. Will repurchase.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used this for over 20 years and there is nothing better for setting your skin. They now have a beige color as well, that acts more like the mineral powders and gives more coverage just as a powder. I like it when I am tan, otherwise I prefer the white setting powder, to look the most natural on the skin all day.

It does do the best with the dermablend for setting the product for all day if you put lot on the area and then let it sit there for at least 10 minutes and then brush it away any that is in absorbed.

I only spot conceal, so this is the best way I have found to look totally natural, like you aren;'t wearing makeup!!!!

I will be pleased, just follow the directions!!!!

**EDIT** I was way harsh on this product but since I've found a use for it I thought I'd better edit and up the rating so as to not be a complete hypocrite. Since my Marcelle translucent loose powder is too dark for my skin (what is it with TRANSLUCENT that cosmetics companies don't understand??), I've taken to blending it with the dermablend to get a lighter shade. This has been working pretty well, so I'll keep using them till I finish them (I hate wasting makeup!!)

I bought this to set my Cover F/X concealer (which can be quite thick and tacky), and it does mattify and set it well. But "translucent"? Completely untrue. I am unbelievably pale skinned but even on me this white powder stays white; forget that blending in crap. I can't imagine anyone with remotely darker skin being able to use this. I'd recommend this product for goths, albinos, for stage use, etc, as a great setting powder. But until they figure out how to make it truly translucent, it's useless to the majority of people. Also, the lid cracked and broke very early on, so it's messy to have around.