Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

4.5

Talc, methylparaben( /- May contain, Cl 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499/ Iron )

I love how finely milled this powder is, and how well it seems to protect my makeup from transfer onto clothing (the only except is when you put on a tight sweater or shirt and it rubs up on your face, otherwise, no transfer from hugging). I heavily apply this with a big, fluffy powder brush after I've completed my face (including foundation, blush, contour, bronzer, highlight, etc) and then wait a minute or so and dust off the excess. There is never any white cast left by the powder, and it keeps my makeup in place all day. The only issue I have is the packaging - I feel like because the powder is so finely milled, it doesn't come up from the holes in an easy way. I close the lid and shake the powder to bring some up, and it's never the amount I want, so I tend to swirl my brush into the lid to remove the excess that will fall off the brush as I am moving it toward my face (if this is making any sense...). Otherwise, this product is great!! I'm curious to try the regular "Dermablend Professional" setting powder in the States (without the Vichy branding) to see if there's any difference.

on 7/23/2008 5:23:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I know some consider this to be nothing more than baby powder and though and haven't tried this one on my face, I seriously doubt it applies this evenly and that it gives such a perfect finish!
I mostly love how it doesn't compete with the foundation as it's colorless; the product is actually white but don't be scared it won't add whiteness to your face, it's totally transparent and lightweight so it settles foundation perfectly giving a matte and velvety finish. Also i'm delighted with the fact it won't dry out your skin! Some powders do cause this which results on a blotchy look after a few hours of after re-touching.
It promises to be water proof and it does seem to keep oilies away better than the ones I have used before!
I apply it over the Dermablend Corrective Foundation with a large brush and couldn't be happier with the result.
Price in europe: 19-ish euros ($31) the 28 gr. pot