Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Talc, methylparaben( /- May contain, Cl 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499/ Iron )

on 1/20/2016 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder works quite well. It keeps stuff in place and generally does what it's supposed to do.
My gripe is the packaging. In my humble opinion it is just horribly messy and makes using the powder much more tedious and elaborate than it should be. The puff that's included is kind of useless to me, it doesn't seem to be able grab the product and deposit it on the face well. Half of it falls off before it makes it to my face and what it does apply, it applies in patches. I've tried quite a bit and it's barely usable.
Also it's hard to get the powder on any brush without spilling a fair amount everywhere and inhaling it in the process. Best method I've found is putting some in the inside of the lid and using that as a pot. Still, a lot of product gets wasted and inhaled.
As a result, I just don't use this powder daily, although the very purpose of me buying it was setting my concealer every morning. But when I'm in a rush I just don't have the time for this whole process. If I'm wearing black, which is very often the case, just forget it.
For this reason, plus the fact that this powder is expensive for a pharmacy brand, I stated I would not rebuy. I would try something else next time. If you can deal with all this work or if you are more dextrous that me when it comes to loose powders, by all means go for it.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Sucks the bag. It makes my makeup cakey which is NOT the purpose of a bloody setting powder. I used the powder puff and followed the instructions but I found doing so a huge mistake then tried using a powder brush but that didn't help either. Might as well buy baby powder for cheap cuz that works way better than this crap.

Must have product!! This product does exactly what it says and keeps me matte all day when uses in conjunction my a foundation that works with your skin type. You can use alone, as a touch up or over top of foundation. Although the white color looks scary at first, it's totally translucent and works well with any skin tone. Comes a little pad but can also be used with a brush. Is a little pricey but definitively worth it because of the quality and lasts a long time. This setting powder is great for normal, combination or oily skin. However it is extremly mattifying so you may want to apply a highlighter to add more of a natural glow. For normal or dry skin I wouldn't recommend this product and would suggest to go for a product to give a more natural dewy look.

This is one of the best finishing powders I have used! The thing I hate most about other powders, is that one you brush it on or press it on with a sponge it looks like it just moves your foundation underneath when it should be setting it in place. This powder does exactly what I want it to do, once you have applied your foundation and concealer this goes over the top so incredibly well, its so fine that its completely translucent and does not move or mess up all of your hard work, it keeps it in place and gives a fab flawless finish I definitely recommend this product! I also only just found out about the vichy dermablend range and wish I had known about it sooner! It really is a great line for anyone with problem skin.

on 3/29/2011 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I Love this. I can't say anything more than what's already been, other than its my favourite loose powder. I'm on my second tub (approx $28 CAD) and It lasts me about two years with everyday usage -- a definite plus. I use a large face powder for application and it disappears into my skin within 30 seconds. I use it with my vichy foundation, however its useful with any other foundation as it is translucent. I don't see why you'd want to use any other brand! Vichy is simply the best for this.

on 11/7/2010 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the Mac prep + prime transparent powder, it is a HG finishing powder that looks beatifully on the skin. The only problem that I had with that was that it didn't have enought oilcontrol for me.
This has some of the same benefits as mac one. This is transparent if you don't apply to much (that can make you white-ish).
I use a MAC 187 and put it lightly on my bare face. It gives a natural matte finish and it has good oilcontrol. Using this with my Murad oilcontrol mattifier spf 15 and cliniques pore minmizer instant perfector I'm matte for hours.
I'm also acneprone and Vichy says that this is noncomedogenic + nonacnegenic and hypoallergenic. That is always a personal thing, everyone is different. I haven't broken out form this and it hasn't irritated my face.
I like the formula of this powder, it only contais Talc and a preservative, so I feel that it doesn't contain anything "unnecessary" like oils, binders, emollients, glitters....
The last claim is that it makes foundation waterresistant, that I don't know but my concealer stay on okey true the rain...

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used this for over 20 years and there is nothing better for setting your skin. They now have a beige color as well, that acts more like the mineral powders and gives more coverage just as a powder. I like it when I am tan, otherwise I prefer the white setting powder, to look the most natural on the skin all day.

It does do the best with the dermablend for setting the product for all day if you put lot on the area and then let it sit there for at least 10 minutes and then brush it away any that is in absorbed.

I only spot conceal, so this is the best way I have found to look totally natural, like you aren;'t wearing makeup!!!!

I will be pleased, just follow the directions!!!!

I bought this along with the DermaBlend foundation and concealer. I was told that this makes it waterproof so it doesn't come off when you go swimming.

What a LIE. I used it on some stretch marks when I went to the beach. I got into the water and came back out and all of this stuff, the foundation and everything was gone. This also doesn't blend that well. I'm Asian and it does leave my face quite pale.

I still have this and there's still quite a lot, so I use it to set my foundation, I'm using a different brand now.

on 11/14/2009 4:51:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my firsttime using a setting powder. After hearing from makeup experts how important it is, I decided I should have one in my own MU collection.

After inquiring abotu a few different brands, the girl at the drug store recommended this as an under eye and face powder.

It is very translucent, light. I don't know how well it actually works and I dont' use it everyday, but when I have used it it's felt very nice on my skin.

If you use too much it *will* give off a whitish cast to the face, so just use sparingly.

It has little holes so you don't get much spillage, but still be careful and maybe put a plastic wrap over it or something when traveling. Would be better perhaps if they made it in a bottle with a twist top and holes underneath it ... so 3 on packaging quality.

It also seems like I should be able to find a nice powder for cheaper ... this was $30 CAN.

Overall, nice product. I'm happy to have it.