Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

3.6

Talc, methylparaben( /- May contain, Cl 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499/ Iron )

on 1/16/2018 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this to go with the dermablend foundation which I love for covering blemishes (I use it as a concealer as it would be way too thick/cakey as an all-over foundation) however it is extremely cakey and looks terrible after a couple of hours (it seems to semi-dissolve the foundation?)

Its not cheap either! Do yourself a favour and skip this and just buy a normal powder to set the foundation. It also has high levels of talc which you wouldn't expect in an expensive product

on 10/13/2017 8:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Totally average and not worth the money, particularly as the *sole* ingredient is TALC. Not ideal for those with sensitive skin. Ironic when you consider Vichy as a brand. CERTAINLY not the wonder product Dermablend make this out to be.

Best to just break this down:

PROS
Doesn't leave a white cast in flash photography, despite being pure white in the container (you would expect this to be white given the only ingredient is talc!)
Kept skin reasonably matte

Cons:
Powder is not fine AT ALL and as a result very obvious on the skin - patchy as the day progresses
Drying - definitely gives the appearance of wearing powder
Very expensive given the quality of the product - I paid £18 which is thoroughly overpriced!
Packaging is problamatic but that goes for most loose powders, to be fair!
Highlights pores horribly!
Ingredients are poor - talc and a preservative...shoddy work, Vichy, shoddy, shoddy work!

on 7/24/2017 9:01:00 AM

I expected more from this product.

Pros:
- Leaves skin feeling smooth after application
- Lengthens wear of makeup
- Doesn't leave a white cast in photos

Cons:
- Powder isn't as fine as I would like
- Is quite drying and gives the appearance of wearing powder
- Is very expensive given the quality of the product
- Packaging lets powder out when carrying in my make up bag

I much prefer Mac's Prime + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder.

on 6/25/2017 12:17:00 PM

I find this a great basic setting powder. The current version has just one ingredient (talk), no color, no fragrance or anything else. I usually apply it heavily to set under eye concealer or for the Dermablend liquid corrective foundation, and in both cases it makes the make-up last till it gets washed off, regardless of heat, humidity, sweat or anything else. It also mattifies skin to an extent, perhaps not the best for oily skin or oil control, but it definitely mutes any glow or shine. Compared to other talk based setting powders this one isn't as drying for skin, so that's a huge plus. While the powder is transparent and doesn't add any color, it can turn the make-up underneath somewhat paler and add an ashy cast. The price is ok too, especially considering the jar holds 25 g. The powder quaste is somewhat mediocre, though, but it can be used in a pinch. For whatever reason this setting powder is often sold out here in Germany, so I always get a replacement once I get past half the jar.

on 1/1/2017 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

It's a decent powder but it can leave some weird ashy traces if you are tanned or have a darker skin tone so you really gotta tap the brush properly. I used the dermablend concealer before and it was great so i figured i would give the powder a try too. Unfortunately I will not buy it again. It does not leave the same finish as e.g. NYX translucent powder does. However it does what it is supposed to do and helps with setting the makeup.

on 12/21/2016 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

There weren't any testers available at Boots and so I took a punt and bought one. My negative is that this is a pure white translucent powder & therefore leaves an ash white grey finish to my tan/brown complexion.

However, the next time I was in store, I spoke with a nice assistant and explained my mistake and she gave me a refund, though they are not obliged to do so.

Unfortunately this is not suitable if you have any tan colour in your skin - I guess Vichy may change this in time

I love how finely milled this powder is, and how well it seems to protect my makeup from transfer onto clothing (the only except is when you put on a tight sweater or shirt and it rubs up on your face, otherwise, no transfer from hugging). I heavily apply this with a big, fluffy powder brush after I've completed my face (including foundation, blush, contour, bronzer, highlight, etc) and then wait a minute or so and dust off the excess. There is never any white cast left by the powder, and it keeps my makeup in place all day. The only issue I have is the packaging - I feel like because the powder is so finely milled, it doesn't come up from the holes in an easy way. I close the lid and shake the powder to bring some up, and it's never the amount I want, so I tend to swirl my brush into the lid to remove the excess that will fall off the brush as I am moving it toward my face (if this is making any sense...). Otherwise, this product is great!! I'm curious to try the regular "Dermablend Professional" setting powder in the States (without the Vichy branding) to see if there's any difference.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Sucks the bag. It makes my makeup cakey which is NOT the purpose of a bloody setting powder. I used the powder puff and followed the instructions but I found doing so a huge mistake then tried using a powder brush but that didn't help either. Might as well buy baby powder for cheap cuz that works way better than this crap.

on 2/8/2013 1:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

best translucent powder I've found to set my makeup all day. I use it on top of my Clinique stay matte oil free foundation and the Vichy Dermablend Concealer stick on my blemishes. I follow the directions by doing a (fairly heavy) all over powder with the puff it comes with, let it sit for 2 mins while I do my eyeshadow, and then lightly dust off the excess with a big powder brush. My makeup stays all day, the concealer doesn't slide off my blemishes like it used to, and my oily skin is more under control than with other powders I have tried. Will repurchase.

This is one of the best finishing powders I have used! The thing I hate most about other powders, is that one you brush it on or press it on with a sponge it looks like it just moves your foundation underneath when it should be setting it in place. This powder does exactly what I want it to do, once you have applied your foundation and concealer this goes over the top so incredibly well, its so fine that its completely translucent and does not move or mess up all of your hard work, it keeps it in place and gives a fab flawless finish I definitely recommend this product! I also only just found out about the vichy dermablend range and wish I had known about it sooner! It really is a great line for anyone with problem skin.