Vichy Laboratories DERMABLEND Setting Powder

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Vichy Laboratories DERMABLEND Setting Powder
DERMABLEND Setting Powder

3.8

Talc, methylparaben( /- May contain, Cl 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499/ Iron )

on 1/16/2018 12:00:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I got this to go with the dermablend foundation which I love for covering blemishes (I use it as a concealer as it would be way too thick/cakey as an all-over foundation) however it is extremely cakey and looks terrible after a couple of hours (it seems to semi-dissolve the foundation?)

Its not cheap either! Do yourself a favour and skip this and just buy a normal powder to set the foundation. It also has high levels of talc which you wouldn't expect in an expensive product

on 10/13/2017 8:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Totally average and not worth the money, particularly as the *sole* ingredient is TALC. Not ideal for those with sensitive skin. Ironic when you consider Vichy as a brand. CERTAINLY not the wonder product Dermablend make this out to be.

Best to just break this down:

PROS
Doesn't leave a white cast in flash photography, despite being pure white in the container (you would expect this to be white given the only ingredient is talc!)
Kept skin reasonably matte

Cons:
Powder is not fine AT ALL and as a result very obvious on the skin - patchy as the day progresses
Drying - definitely gives the appearance of wearing powder
Very expensive given the quality of the product - I paid £18 which is thoroughly overpriced!
Packaging is problamatic but that goes for most loose powders, to be fair!
Highlights pores horribly!
Ingredients are poor - talc and a preservative...shoddy work, Vichy, shoddy, shoddy work!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved this powder as it kept my oily skin at bay for around 4 hours. This is great for my fair skin and is really finely milled making my skin so soft. Only downfall is that you get little product for the amount you pay.

on 7/24/2017 9:01:00 AM

I expected more from this product.

Pros:
- Leaves skin feeling smooth after application
- Lengthens wear of makeup
- Doesn't leave a white cast in photos

Cons:
- Powder isn't as fine as I would like
- Is quite drying and gives the appearance of wearing powder
- Is very expensive given the quality of the product
- Packaging lets powder out when carrying in my make up bag

I much prefer Mac's Prime + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder.

on 6/25/2017 12:17:00 PM

I find this a great basic setting powder. The current version has just one ingredient (talk), no color, no fragrance or anything else. I usually apply it heavily to set under eye concealer or for the Dermablend liquid corrective foundation, and in both cases it makes the make-up last till it gets washed off, regardless of heat, humidity, sweat or anything else. It also mattifies skin to an extent, perhaps not the best for oily skin or oil control, but it definitely mutes any glow or shine. Compared to other talk based setting powders this one isn't as drying for skin, so that's a huge plus. While the powder is transparent and doesn't add any color, it can turn the make-up underneath somewhat paler and add an ashy cast. The price is ok too, especially considering the jar holds 25 g. The powder quaste is somewhat mediocre, though, but it can be used in a pinch. For whatever reason this setting powder is often sold out here in Germany, so I always get a replacement once I get past half the jar.

on 9/18/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It's a really good powder for setting makeup and leaves a smooth natural finish (has an SPF too)!. I would recommend this more for normal/oily skins; since if you already have dryness this will probably make your face look a lot drier. I don't think this leaves a white mark on my face (despite the look of the powder) when applied sparingly and with a brush (not the enclosed puff).

The packaging is sturdy. I tend to tip some powder into the lid and swirl my brush in it, removing the excess. Pretty easy. Although if you were doing your makeup in a rush this may be a bit annoying. Not very travel friendly either. It works well with the Vichy dermablend foundation but I hate that foundation's orange glow and caked appearance (i'm very pale); this powder seems to help a LOT to make that foundation more wearable. But this product can be used with any foundation/concealer combo I'm sure.

Overall, I love the way this makes my face look smooth and matte. It is definitely one of the best powders I have used (pretty pricey but worth it in my opinion). The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase it is because I hardly use it since my face is very dry at the moment and I can't use it when my face is dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Finally found my holy grail powder! This powder does exactly what it claims to do an even more!

First of all, I have oily skin, with enlarged pored and I sweat like crazy in summer.

I use Clinique Stay-matte foundation or the Anti-blemish foundation depending on the day with the Vichy Dermablend powder and my make-up stays flawless and on my face all day long. It keeps my skin matte for at least 6 hrs without blotting, it resists sweat like a miracle, it covers my pores quite well and sets concealer perfectly without letting it sink into fine lines. It has a nice natural finish if applied correctly, to much can be chalky.

The packaging is not travel friendly since it's big, but I put some in a smaller loose powder container and I carry it always with me! The price is nothing compared to the amazing results, I only paid 18 € (20 USD approx.) on sales. Probably the best powder for me out there!

This is great setting powder and completes my face

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have very acne prone skin. I use both the Vichy dermablend foundation and setting powder. Works awesome. The foundation kind of has a natural glowy finish that I tone down with this powder. Great at increasing the longevity of your foundation. Note that I have EXTREMELY oily skin. I use a mineral powder brush. The packaging does suck. It's very hard to get out and very hard to keep from getting everywhere. I've tried the makeup forever hd powder. This is definitely chalkier but just as effective.

on 6/21/2013 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Cool

At first I was skeptical that this product would make my overall finished makeup look last any longer.

I follow the instructions exactly by putting concealer on first, (the Vichy Dermablend Corrective one) and then using the puff to pat a lot of powder over the area to set and leave it for 2 minutes.

I already had a good quality puffy fan brush that I can gentle sweep away the setting powder with. For additional colour, I use my own powder on top of that for color since this translucent powder is white (no other colors available for the setting powder).

I wore this to the gym and didn't touch the spot that I had set and it lasted through a one hour class of exercise, got gross and seating doing cardio and the area I used with the setting powder lasted even after the class.

So, by gentle rubbing the spot area set by the powder lasts longer generally, but as with all makeup with vigorous rubbing, it's gonna rub right off, of course.

Overall, this product does what it honestly advertises to do which is make your makeup last longer, water resistant and smudge resistant. It's made in france and listed as: "Allergy-tested. Tested on sensitive skin. Paraben-free and fragrance-free. Non-comedogenic, Non-acnegenic" which I appreciate, but it's a bit pricier (around $30 at Shoppers Drug Mart).