Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

3.9

Talc, methylparaben( /- May contain, Cl 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499/ Iron )

on 6/25/2017 12:17:00 PM

I find this a great basic setting powder. The current version has just one ingredient (talk), no color, no fragrance or anything else. I usually apply it heavily to set under eye concealer or for the Dermablend liquid corrective foundation, and in both cases it makes the make-up last till it gets washed off, regardless of heat, humidity, sweat or anything else. It also mattifies skin to an extent, perhaps not the best for oily skin or oil control, but it definitely mutes any glow or shine. Compared to other talk based setting powders this one isn't as drying for skin, so that's a huge plus. While the powder is transparent and doesn't add any color, it can turn the make-up underneath somewhat paler and add an ashy cast. The price is ok too, especially considering the jar holds 25 g. The powder quaste is somewhat mediocre, though, but it can be used in a pinch. For whatever reason this setting powder is often sold out here in Germany, so I always get a replacement once I get past half the jar.

on 9/18/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It's a really good powder for setting makeup and leaves a smooth natural finish (has an SPF too)!. I would recommend this more for normal/oily skins; since if you already have dryness this will probably make your face look a lot drier. I don't think this leaves a white mark on my face (despite the look of the powder) when applied sparingly and with a brush (not the enclosed puff).

The packaging is sturdy. I tend to tip some powder into the lid and swirl my brush in it, removing the excess. Pretty easy. Although if you were doing your makeup in a rush this may be a bit annoying. Not very travel friendly either. It works well with the Vichy dermablend foundation but I hate that foundation's orange glow and caked appearance (i'm very pale); this powder seems to help a LOT to make that foundation more wearable. But this product can be used with any foundation/concealer combo I'm sure.

Overall, I love the way this makes my face look smooth and matte. It is definitely one of the best powders I have used (pretty pricey but worth it in my opinion). The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase it is because I hardly use it since my face is very dry at the moment and I can't use it when my face is dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Finally found my holy grail powder! This powder does exactly what it claims to do an even more!

First of all, I have oily skin, with enlarged pored and I sweat like crazy in summer.

I use Clinique Stay-matte foundation or the Anti-blemish foundation depending on the day with the Vichy Dermablend powder and my make-up stays flawless and on my face all day long. It keeps my skin matte for at least 6 hrs without blotting, it resists sweat like a miracle, it covers my pores quite well and sets concealer perfectly without letting it sink into fine lines. It has a nice natural finish if applied correctly, to much can be chalky.

The packaging is not travel friendly since it's big, but I put some in a smaller loose powder container and I carry it always with me! The price is nothing compared to the amazing results, I only paid 18 € (20 USD approx.) on sales. Probably the best powder for me out there!

This is great setting powder and completes my face

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have very acne prone skin. I use both the Vichy dermablend foundation and setting powder. Works awesome. The foundation kind of has a natural glowy finish that I tone down with this powder. Great at increasing the longevity of your foundation. Note that I have EXTREMELY oily skin. I use a mineral powder brush. The packaging does suck. It's very hard to get out and very hard to keep from getting everywhere. I've tried the makeup forever hd powder. This is definitely chalkier but just as effective.

on 3/20/2013 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

As I'm quite tan my first thoughts were "its very white!" But on my skin its such a fine powder it blends to look completely clear.fab. I've heard they do a few different coloured loose powders.i wouldn't bother with those.buy this! It will match you all year round!

I use it on top of my Vichy dermablend foundation in gold 45 (see review)
I only need a little on my flat top powder brush and I gently buff that all over my face.my skin feels so smoothed afterwards.this isn't just a regular powder, it has specific skin benefits.

The tub has the usual holed sifter. ive only cut part off the sticker off so three holes are used.as you only need to use a small amount of powder each time.it comes with a puff (handy for the odd touch up in summer) and it has 28g of product!!!! Considering the average powder is around 9g or 10g that's awesome.makes it very economical.
It will last me through many foundations. If this could be made perfect Vichy would do this in a pressed powder format!! Just to reduce mess.

on 2/8/2013 1:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

best translucent powder I've found to set my makeup all day. I use it on top of my Clinique stay matte oil free foundation and the Vichy Dermablend Concealer stick on my blemishes. I follow the directions by doing a (fairly heavy) all over powder with the puff it comes with, let it sit for 2 mins while I do my eyeshadow, and then lightly dust off the excess with a big powder brush. My makeup stays all day, the concealer doesn't slide off my blemishes like it used to, and my oily skin is more under control than with other powders I have tried. Will repurchase.

Must have product!! This product does exactly what it says and keeps me matte all day when uses in conjunction my a foundation that works with your skin type. You can use alone, as a touch up or over top of foundation. Although the white color looks scary at first, it's totally translucent and works well with any skin tone. Comes a little pad but can also be used with a brush. Is a little pricey but definitively worth it because of the quality and lasts a long time. This setting powder is great for normal, combination or oily skin. However it is extremly mattifying so you may want to apply a highlighter to add more of a natural glow. For normal or dry skin I wouldn't recommend this product and would suggest to go for a product to give a more natural dewy look.

This is one of the best finishing powders I have used! The thing I hate most about other powders, is that one you brush it on or press it on with a sponge it looks like it just moves your foundation underneath when it should be setting it in place. This powder does exactly what I want it to do, once you have applied your foundation and concealer this goes over the top so incredibly well, its so fine that its completely translucent and does not move or mess up all of your hard work, it keeps it in place and gives a fab flawless finish I definitely recommend this product! I also only just found out about the vichy dermablend range and wish I had known about it sooner! It really is a great line for anyone with problem skin.

on 3/29/2011 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I Love this. I can't say anything more than what's already been, other than its my favourite loose powder. I'm on my second tub (approx $28 CAD) and It lasts me about two years with everyday usage -- a definite plus. I use a large face powder for application and it disappears into my skin within 30 seconds. I use it with my vichy foundation, however its useful with any other foundation as it is translucent. I don't see why you'd want to use any other brand! Vichy is simply the best for this.