Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

3.9

Talc, methylparaben( /- May contain, Cl 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499/ Iron )

on 10/13/2017 8:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Totally average and not worth the money, particularly as the *sole* ingredient is TALC. Not ideal for those with sensitive skin. Ironic when you consider Vichy as a brand. CERTAINLY not the wonder product Dermablend make this out to be.

Best to just break this down:

PROS
Doesn't leave a white cast in flash photography, despite being pure white in the container (you would expect this to be white given the only ingredient is talc!)
Kept skin reasonably matte

Cons:
Powder is not fine AT ALL and as a result very obvious on the skin - patchy as the day progresses
Drying - definitely gives the appearance of wearing powder
Very expensive given the quality of the product - I paid £18 which is thoroughly overpriced!
Packaging is problamatic but that goes for most loose powders, to be fair!
Highlights pores horribly!
Ingredients are poor - talc and a preservative...shoddy work, Vichy, shoddy, shoddy work!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved this powder as it kept my oily skin at bay for around 4 hours. This is great for my fair skin and is really finely milled making my skin so soft. Only downfall is that you get little product for the amount you pay.

on 6/25/2017 12:17:00 PM

I find this a great basic setting powder. The current version has just one ingredient (talk), no color, no fragrance or anything else. I usually apply it heavily to set under eye concealer or for the Dermablend liquid corrective foundation, and in both cases it makes the make-up last till it gets washed off, regardless of heat, humidity, sweat or anything else. It also mattifies skin to an extent, perhaps not the best for oily skin or oil control, but it definitely mutes any glow or shine. Compared to other talk based setting powders this one isn't as drying for skin, so that's a huge plus. While the powder is transparent and doesn't add any color, it can turn the make-up underneath somewhat paler and add an ashy cast. The price is ok too, especially considering the jar holds 25 g. The powder quaste is somewhat mediocre, though, but it can be used in a pinch. For whatever reason this setting powder is often sold out here in Germany, so I always get a replacement once I get past half the jar.

on 12/21/2016 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

There weren't any testers available at Boots and so I took a punt and bought one. My negative is that this is a pure white translucent powder & therefore leaves an ash white grey finish to my tan/brown complexion.

However, the next time I was in store, I spoke with a nice assistant and explained my mistake and she gave me a refund, though they are not obliged to do so.

Unfortunately this is not suitable if you have any tan colour in your skin - I guess Vichy may change this in time

on 1/1/2017 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's a decent powder but it can leave some weird ashy traces if you are tanned or have a darker skin tone so you really gotta tap the brush properly. I used the dermablend concealer before and it was great so i figured i would give the powder a try too. Unfortunately I will not buy it again. It does not leave the same finish as e.g. NYX translucent powder does. However it does what it is supposed to do and helps with setting the makeup.

on 7/24/2017 9:01:00 AM

I expected more from this product.

Pros:
- Leaves skin feeling smooth after application
- Lengthens wear of makeup
- Doesn't leave a white cast in photos

Cons:
- Powder isn't as fine as I would like
- Is quite drying and gives the appearance of wearing powder
- Is very expensive given the quality of the product
- Packaging lets powder out when carrying in my make up bag

I much prefer Mac's Prime + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder.

on 1/20/2016 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder works quite well. It keeps stuff in place and generally does what it's supposed to do.
My gripe is the packaging. In my humble opinion it is just horribly messy and makes using the powder much more tedious and elaborate than it should be. The puff that's included is kind of useless to me, it doesn't seem to be able grab the product and deposit it on the face well. Half of it falls off before it makes it to my face and what it does apply, it applies in patches. I've tried quite a bit and it's barely usable.
Also it's hard to get the powder on any brush without spilling a fair amount everywhere and inhaling it in the process. Best method I've found is putting some in the inside of the lid and using that as a pot. Still, a lot of product gets wasted and inhaled.
As a result, I just don't use this powder daily, although the very purpose of me buying it was setting my concealer every morning. But when I'm in a rush I just don't have the time for this whole process. If I'm wearing black, which is very often the case, just forget it.
For this reason, plus the fact that this powder is expensive for a pharmacy brand, I stated I would not rebuy. I would try something else next time. If you can deal with all this work or if you are more dextrous that me when it comes to loose powders, by all means go for it.

This is great setting powder and completes my face

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Finally found my holy grail powder! This powder does exactly what it claims to do an even more!

First of all, I have oily skin, with enlarged pored and I sweat like crazy in summer.

I use Clinique Stay-matte foundation or the Anti-blemish foundation depending on the day with the Vichy Dermablend powder and my make-up stays flawless and on my face all day long. It keeps my skin matte for at least 6 hrs without blotting, it resists sweat like a miracle, it covers my pores quite well and sets concealer perfectly without letting it sink into fine lines. It has a nice natural finish if applied correctly, to much can be chalky.

The packaging is not travel friendly since it's big, but I put some in a smaller loose powder container and I carry it always with me! The price is nothing compared to the amazing results, I only paid 18 € (20 USD approx.) on sales. Probably the best powder for me out there!

on 9/18/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It's a really good powder for setting makeup and leaves a smooth natural finish (has an SPF too)!. I would recommend this more for normal/oily skins; since if you already have dryness this will probably make your face look a lot drier. I don't think this leaves a white mark on my face (despite the look of the powder) when applied sparingly and with a brush (not the enclosed puff).

The packaging is sturdy. I tend to tip some powder into the lid and swirl my brush in it, removing the excess. Pretty easy. Although if you were doing your makeup in a rush this may be a bit annoying. Not very travel friendly either. It works well with the Vichy dermablend foundation but I hate that foundation's orange glow and caked appearance (i'm very pale); this powder seems to help a LOT to make that foundation more wearable. But this product can be used with any foundation/concealer combo I'm sure.

Overall, I love the way this makes my face look smooth and matte. It is definitely one of the best powders I have used (pretty pricey but worth it in my opinion). The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase it is because I hardly use it since my face is very dry at the moment and I can't use it when my face is dry.