Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Filtered by age: 44-55
Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Talc, methylparaben( /- May contain, Cl 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499/ Iron )

on 12/21/2016 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

There weren't any testers available at Boots and so I took a punt and bought one. My negative is that this is a pure white translucent powder & therefore leaves an ash white grey finish to my tan/brown complexion.

However, the next time I was in store, I spoke with a nice assistant and explained my mistake and she gave me a refund, though they are not obliged to do so.

Unfortunately this is not suitable if you have any tan colour in your skin - I guess Vichy may change this in time

on 3/22/2011 9:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

When I was a kid, I was in a neighborhood production of The Mikado. The kid in charge of makeup was creative, resourceful, and had no budget. I distinctly recall her smearing Vaseline all over my face, then generously puffing pure Johnson's Baby Powder atop the Vaseline, giving me the literal white-powdered look she was going for. 30-some years later, I think I'm still coughing up rose-lavender talc dust, and to this day, I can't stand the smell of baby powder. I've had three babies - and not one of them was ever subjected to baby talc, (Burt's Bees cornstarch instead). In light of that memory, I am absolutely certain that, as far as I'm concerned, Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder does not feel the same as baby (talcum) powder (probably the complete lack of Vaseline helps greatly). This powder is the mineral Magnesium Silicate (talc), hydrated and very finely milled, and it is indeed, the exact same stuff as baby powder. It has a little bit of Titanium Dioxide as well, and baby powder does not. The biggest difference is Vichy's powder doesn't have any perfumes, and baby powder is loaded with them. If you can stand the smell of it, baby powder may give the same effect as Vichy, but the nice container, great puff, measured dispenser, and lack of scent make this waay better for me. When dusted on top of Vichy's foundation, the combo is budge-proof for 6-8 hours. Too much of this powder leaves a white cast, of course, but a light dusting of it over foundation is transparent. There's not a bit of ashiness, cakiness, globs, or color change.I use the puff on my nose only, and apply with a Kabuki for the rest of my face.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have used this for over 20 years and there is nothing better for setting your skin. They now have a beige color as well, that acts more like the mineral powders and gives more coverage just as a powder. I like it when I am tan, otherwise I prefer the white setting powder, to look the most natural on the skin all day.

It does do the best with the dermablend for setting the product for all day if you put lot on the area and then let it sit there for at least 10 minutes and then brush it away any that is in absorbed.

I only spot conceal, so this is the best way I have found to look totally natural, like you aren;'t wearing makeup!!!!

I will be pleased, just follow the directions!!!!