Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Filtered by age: 30-35
Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

3.5

Talc, methylparaben( /- May contain, Cl 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499/ Iron )

on 10/13/2017 8:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

Totally average and not worth the money, particularly as the *sole* ingredient is TALC. Not ideal for those with sensitive skin. Ironic when you consider Vichy as a brand. CERTAINLY not the wonder product Dermablend make this out to be.

Best to just break this down:

PROS
Doesn't leave a white cast in flash photography, despite being pure white in the container (you would expect this to be white given the only ingredient is talc!)
Kept skin reasonably matte

Cons:
Powder is not fine AT ALL and as a result very obvious on the skin - patchy as the day progresses
Drying - definitely gives the appearance of wearing powder
Very expensive given the quality of the product - I paid £18 which is thoroughly overpriced!
Packaging is problamatic but that goes for most loose powders, to be fair!
Highlights pores horribly!
Ingredients are poor - talc and a preservative...shoddy work, Vichy, shoddy, shoddy work!

on 6/25/2017 12:17:00 PM

I find this a great basic setting powder. The current version has just one ingredient (talk), no color, no fragrance or anything else. I usually apply it heavily to set under eye concealer or for the Dermablend liquid corrective foundation, and in both cases it makes the make-up last till it gets washed off, regardless of heat, humidity, sweat or anything else. It also mattifies skin to an extent, perhaps not the best for oily skin or oil control, but it definitely mutes any glow or shine. Compared to other talk based setting powders this one isn't as drying for skin, so that's a huge plus. While the powder is transparent and doesn't add any color, it can turn the make-up underneath somewhat paler and add an ashy cast. The price is ok too, especially considering the jar holds 25 g. The powder quaste is somewhat mediocre, though, but it can be used in a pinch. For whatever reason this setting powder is often sold out here in Germany, so I always get a replacement once I get past half the jar.

on 1/20/2016 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This powder works quite well. It keeps stuff in place and generally does what it's supposed to do.
My gripe is the packaging. In my humble opinion it is just horribly messy and makes using the powder much more tedious and elaborate than it should be. The puff that's included is kind of useless to me, it doesn't seem to be able grab the product and deposit it on the face well. Half of it falls off before it makes it to my face and what it does apply, it applies in patches. I've tried quite a bit and it's barely usable.
Also it's hard to get the powder on any brush without spilling a fair amount everywhere and inhaling it in the process. Best method I've found is putting some in the inside of the lid and using that as a pot. Still, a lot of product gets wasted and inhaled.
As a result, I just don't use this powder daily, although the very purpose of me buying it was setting my concealer every morning. But when I'm in a rush I just don't have the time for this whole process. If I'm wearing black, which is very often the case, just forget it.
For this reason, plus the fact that this powder is expensive for a pharmacy brand, I stated I would not rebuy. I would try something else next time. If you can deal with all this work or if you are more dextrous that me when it comes to loose powders, by all means go for it.

on 3/20/2013 10:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

As I'm quite tan my first thoughts were "its very white!" But on my skin its such a fine powder it blends to look completely clear.fab. I've heard they do a few different coloured loose powders.i wouldn't bother with those.buy this! It will match you all year round!

I use it on top of my Vichy dermablend foundation in gold 45 (see review)
I only need a little on my flat top powder brush and I gently buff that all over my face.my skin feels so smoothed afterwards.this isn't just a regular powder, it has specific skin benefits.

The tub has the usual holed sifter. ive only cut part off the sticker off so three holes are used.as you only need to use a small amount of powder each time.it comes with a puff (handy for the odd touch up in summer) and it has 28g of product!!!! Considering the average powder is around 9g or 10g that's awesome.makes it very economical.
It will last me through many foundations. If this could be made perfect Vichy would do this in a pressed powder format!! Just to reduce mess.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I genually LOVE Dermablend. BUT, seriously, companies should start respect customers' intelligence: list of ingredients - Talc, Methylparaben.
We might as well buy our setting powder in a baby isle for 1/5 of the price.

on 2/8/2013 1:42:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

best translucent powder I've found to set my makeup all day. I use it on top of my Clinique stay matte oil free foundation and the Vichy Dermablend Concealer stick on my blemishes. I follow the directions by doing a (fairly heavy) all over powder with the puff it comes with, let it sit for 2 mins while I do my eyeshadow, and then lightly dust off the excess with a big powder brush. My makeup stays all day, the concealer doesn't slide off my blemishes like it used to, and my oily skin is more under control than with other powders I have tried. Will repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I dont 'get' this stuff. I have tried applying it with both a brush and with a puff and I just cant see the benefit. It makes me look very white ( and i am NC15!) and it doesnt hold the oilies off any better than a normal powder does.

on 11/7/2010 2:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the Mac prep + prime transparent powder, it is a HG finishing powder that looks beatifully on the skin. The only problem that I had with that was that it didn't have enought oilcontrol for me.
This has some of the same benefits as mac one. This is transparent if you don't apply to much (that can make you white-ish).
I use a MAC 187 and put it lightly on my bare face. It gives a natural matte finish and it has good oilcontrol. Using this with my Murad oilcontrol mattifier spf 15 and cliniques pore minmizer instant perfector I'm matte for hours.
I'm also acneprone and Vichy says that this is noncomedogenic + nonacnegenic and hypoallergenic. That is always a personal thing, everyone is different. I haven't broken out form this and it hasn't irritated my face.
I like the formula of this powder, it only contais Talc and a preservative, so I feel that it doesn't contain anything "unnecessary" like oils, binders, emollients, glitters....
The last claim is that it makes foundation waterresistant, that I don't know but my concealer stay on okey true the rain...