Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

Filtered by age: 19-24
Vichy Dermablend Setting Powder

4.4

Talc, methylparaben( /- May contain, Cl 77891/ Titanium Dioxide, Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499/ Iron )

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loved this powder as it kept my oily skin at bay for around 4 hours. This is great for my fair skin and is really finely milled making my skin so soft. Only downfall is that you get little product for the amount you pay.

on 7/24/2017 9:01:00 AM

I expected more from this product.

Pros:
- Leaves skin feeling smooth after application
- Lengthens wear of makeup
- Doesn't leave a white cast in photos

Cons:
- Powder isn't as fine as I would like
- Is quite drying and gives the appearance of wearing powder
- Is very expensive given the quality of the product
- Packaging lets powder out when carrying in my make up bag

I much prefer Mac's Prime + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder.

on 9/18/2015 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It's a really good powder for setting makeup and leaves a smooth natural finish (has an SPF too)!. I would recommend this more for normal/oily skins; since if you already have dryness this will probably make your face look a lot drier. I don't think this leaves a white mark on my face (despite the look of the powder) when applied sparingly and with a brush (not the enclosed puff).

The packaging is sturdy. I tend to tip some powder into the lid and swirl my brush in it, removing the excess. Pretty easy. Although if you were doing your makeup in a rush this may be a bit annoying. Not very travel friendly either. It works well with the Vichy dermablend foundation but I hate that foundation's orange glow and caked appearance (i'm very pale); this powder seems to help a LOT to make that foundation more wearable. But this product can be used with any foundation/concealer combo I'm sure.

Overall, I love the way this makes my face look smooth and matte. It is definitely one of the best powders I have used (pretty pricey but worth it in my opinion). The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase it is because I hardly use it since my face is very dry at the moment and I can't use it when my face is dry.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Finally found my holy grail powder! This powder does exactly what it claims to do an even more!

First of all, I have oily skin, with enlarged pored and I sweat like crazy in summer.

I use Clinique Stay-matte foundation or the Anti-blemish foundation depending on the day with the Vichy Dermablend powder and my make-up stays flawless and on my face all day long. It keeps my skin matte for at least 6 hrs without blotting, it resists sweat like a miracle, it covers my pores quite well and sets concealer perfectly without letting it sink into fine lines. It has a nice natural finish if applied correctly, to much can be chalky.

The packaging is not travel friendly since it's big, but I put some in a smaller loose powder container and I carry it always with me! The price is nothing compared to the amazing results, I only paid 18 € (20 USD approx.) on sales. Probably the best powder for me out there!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have very acne prone skin. I use both the Vichy dermablend foundation and setting powder. Works awesome. The foundation kind of has a natural glowy finish that I tone down with this powder. Great at increasing the longevity of your foundation. Note that I have EXTREMELY oily skin. I use a mineral powder brush. The packaging does suck. It's very hard to get out and very hard to keep from getting everywhere. I've tried the makeup forever hd powder. This is definitely chalkier but just as effective.

I love how finely milled this powder is, and how well it seems to protect my makeup from transfer onto clothing (the only except is when you put on a tight sweater or shirt and it rubs up on your face, otherwise, no transfer from hugging). I heavily apply this with a big, fluffy powder brush after I've completed my face (including foundation, blush, contour, bronzer, highlight, etc) and then wait a minute or so and dust off the excess. There is never any white cast left by the powder, and it keeps my makeup in place all day. The only issue I have is the packaging - I feel like because the powder is so finely milled, it doesn't come up from the holes in an easy way. I close the lid and shake the powder to bring some up, and it's never the amount I want, so I tend to swirl my brush into the lid to remove the excess that will fall off the brush as I am moving it toward my face (if this is making any sense...). Otherwise, this product is great!! I'm curious to try the regular "Dermablend Professional" setting powder in the States (without the Vichy branding) to see if there's any difference.

This is one of the best finishing powders I have used! The thing I hate most about other powders, is that one you brush it on or press it on with a sponge it looks like it just moves your foundation underneath when it should be setting it in place. This powder does exactly what I want it to do, once you have applied your foundation and concealer this goes over the top so incredibly well, its so fine that its completely translucent and does not move or mess up all of your hard work, it keeps it in place and gives a fab flawless finish I definitely recommend this product! I also only just found out about the vichy dermablend range and wish I had known about it sooner! It really is a great line for anyone with problem skin.

on 3/29/2011 8:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I Love this. I can't say anything more than what's already been, other than its my favourite loose powder. I'm on my second tub (approx $28 CAD) and It lasts me about two years with everyday usage -- a definite plus. I use a large face powder for application and it disappears into my skin within 30 seconds. I use it with my vichy foundation, however its useful with any other foundation as it is translucent. I don't see why you'd want to use any other brand! Vichy is simply the best for this.

on 3/6/2011 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I don't use this product with the Vichy Dermablend Foundation, but have with other liquid foundations and mineral powders on top. I really like this product, and makes your makeup look so natural, makes it water-resistant and long wearing. You can't wear it though if you have any flakiness on your skin or else it enhanses it. It makes an incredible difference in the shineyness my skin experiences during the day. It's a great setting powder that I don't think many other girls know about. The whiteness of it may scare you off but it just softens your look and doesn't deposit much colour. There's a lot in there too, so you don't have to go out buying it all the time. There is an issue with any loose powder though, it does get messy and leaves powder around, haha!

I bought this along with the DermaBlend foundation and concealer. I was told that this makes it waterproof so it doesn't come off when you go swimming.

What a LIE. I used it on some stretch marks when I went to the beach. I got into the water and came back out and all of this stuff, the foundation and everything was gone. This also doesn't blend that well. I'm Asian and it does leave my face quite pale.

I still have this and there's still quite a lot, so I use it to set my foundation, I'm using a different brand now.