Estee Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Estee Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming SerumEnter Title

4.1

cyclopentasiloxane; water; polysilicone 11; dimethicone; HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer; silica; butylene glycol; yeast extract; scutellaria baicalensis extract; mulberry root extract; st pauls wort extract; clary extract; grapefruit extract; barley extract; chamomile extract; wheat germ extract; corn kernal extract; licorice root extract; narcissus blub extract; boswellia serrata extract; lady's thistle extract; fish (pisces) collagen; polysorbate 40; ethylhexyl glycerin; caffeine; cholesterol; hydrolyzed fish (pisces) collagen; pentylene glycol; whey protein; pantethine; creatine; soybean protein; glycerin; peg 10 dimethicone; sodium pca; AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE; linoleic acid; glyceryl polyacrylate; polyquaternium 51; squalane; propylene glycol dicaprate; acetyl carnitine hcl; acetyl hexapeptide 8; phytosphingosine; sodium hyaluronate; adenosine phosphate; aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate; peg 8; disodium distyrylbiphenyl disulfonate; lecithin; palmitoyl oligopeptide; disodium NADH; caprylyl glycol; decarboxy carnosine hcl; laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed soy protein; sodium betasitosteryl sulfate; fragrance; sodium chondroitin sulfate; tocopheryl acetate; hexylene glycol; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; xantham gum; disodium edta; phenoxyethanol; titanium dioxide; mica.

on 3/2/2016 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently decided to give this a try. I have been using it for about one month and must admit it is wonderful. I have noticed a difference in the texture of my skin. My lines are a bit less noticeable and my skin is more supple. I don't have to scrub as much. I still alternate between my Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Hydrating Serum and Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream with Retinol for nighttime along with Cerave Moisture Cream. I spot treat my dry areas with Olive Oil too. I also use a mild antioxident night cream to give my face a break from strong treatments every third night.

Perfectionist is a day treatment and this is how I use it when I am not using Estee Lauder's Perfectionist Foundation or Chanel's Les Beiges Healthy Glow Fluid (my all time favorite!):

First for the day I cleanse then I apply toner(s) to my combination skin and fresh Aloe Vera gel. Then I apply Perfectionist to my entire face and my eye area as well. Next my Sunscreen goes on.

I honestly think it is a great serum but as far as skin care goes it is all in the regimen. If you are regular in your use then the proper effects can happen. Everyone is different too. I personally am a fan of Perfectionist. The cost is steep and there are other products you can use that contain Peptides as well. I am not sure how they perform as I have not tried them as of yet. I was impressed with the Perfectionist Foundation so I got the Serum. Estee Lauder has some of the best skin care on the market and I now know it is not just hype either

on 5/19/2015 10:51:00 PM

My absolute favorite skin treatment. HG, if you want to call it that. I use Retin-A at night (have for nearly 40 years) and Perfectionist in the morning. It's all I need.

I like the actives in this...polypeptides, yeasties and algeas, hyaluronic acid, collagen, licorice and soy to lighten and brighten skin. I love the aesthetics of the serum...nice silicones for slip which make it great as a primer as others have mentioned. I like the way my skin feels, and like what the serum has done to my skin over time. I have never once broken out from it.

Over the years I've bought and used hundreds of products looking for the fountain of youth. I could have funded a country on what I've spent, using the most and least expensive stuff out there. The most effective turns out to be the simplest...a gentle cleanser like Cereve; very occasional exfoliation with a gentle scrub alternated with AHAs and/or BHAs...drugstore is fine; Retin-A; EL Perfectionist; and almost any moisturizer that works for my skintype (I like the Cereve line, Olay, Estee Lauder, some Clinique). Did I mention sunscreen? (Cereve or Neutrogena work just fine.)

What's important for me now is that the skincare I use be effective and proven by science (backed by progressive research), easy to acquire, gentle, and feel good on my skin...prbly in that order. Oh, and my skin needs to look its best without upset. And I can't get completely bored with a product...the results have to inspire me to keep using it.

I could prbly add vitC to my skincare routine, but don't worry about it. And I have not found a good eye cream. I'm using Algenist brand eye creams at the moment, which I find to be merely average. What I do lately is use a tiny bit of Retin-A under my eyes...which can be dangerous, cause I react so quickly there, but there's nothing like the wrinkle-fighting power of Retin-A.

I think what I'm trying to say is that benign neglect is the perfect way to handle my skin, as long as I have some heavy hitters in there working for me like Perfectionist. The rest I can let go.

on 11/22/2014 8:33:00 AM

This is my favorite serum up to date. It's unscented, it's full of beneficial ingredients, which won't diminish deep wrinkles, but can help protect your skin from future damage. The silicone content doesn't make it unpleasant to use, but provides a nice, smooth finish and fills the smaller wrinkles for the day. It's an excellent primer, so I like to use it in the morning under make-up. For night I prefer Lauder's ANR or Clinique's Super Rescue Antioxidant.

on 9/26/2014 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this. I've been using this for about 4 or 5 years. It really helps with redness, skin tone, wrinkles, and breakouts. I wish it was cheaper, and occasionally I'll try something else, but I always come back to this. My skin is insanely sensitive and this has never bothered me, even under my chin and neck where I get blotchy and red from irritation. I use this on my face, neck, and chest, and hope it is never discontinued!

on 7/29/2014 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Very strange product...very fantastic product. It is like a very thick primer it has that thick consistency and I was a bit skeptical at first but my god, it's amazing. Best suited for first signs of ageing, it will plump up, blur and fill in those fine lines, and the hydration will keep them away, don't hesitate on buying this!!

Oh good god. people please please please DO NOT LISTEN TO WHAT A COMPANY SAYS REGARDING NON-comogenic & NON-irritating! these claims have no regulation whatsoever and land o lakes could say their butter fights wrinkles & won't clog pores with zero consequence!

On the other hand, those who claim silicone make you break out, it IS LIKELY A DIFFERENT INGREDIENT USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SILICONE! (I could name 10 that are In 95% of silicone products, are moisturizing or emollient and 1000x more likely to cause pores.)

Do full research from impartial 3rd parties, never a manufacturer! paulas choice rates this a BEST and she's a competitor of EL plus one of the most scrutinizing experts on skincare. I love it and it has skin repairing ingredients. it also is loaded w/silicones which leave it feeling soft & silky like a primer. I find it works fabulously as a primer and have ceased using one daily since too much silicone will ball up and make makeup application difficult.

Now, I have to analyze the ingredients. I am NOT brekout prone and my skin looks 100x better when using this, but I have started breaking out (very minorly for most, major for me.) Obviously there is something in this or advanced night repair serum (only changes I've made), my skin doesn't like or the combination of the two, but that shouldn't have an impact on the products considerable merit. I know that it isn't the silicones though, extensive research has shown that silicone particles are too large to clog pores stomping the theory that silicone=breakouts, and I practically eat silicone I use so much of it in every product I own!

Buy somewhere w/good return policy which you should do anyways, but for $70, you better LOVE this!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If you are older, try it on half your face. I tried it on half my face, and the results were so dramatic I immediately bought the jumbo size online. You can't tell the difference if you put it on your whole face so do half when you first try it! I am over 60. I believe this wonderful purple potion is made for older ladies. It is not a moisturizer. I received a sample packet from Macy's, after reading on Paula Begoun's site that it was like a girdle for skin, she gave it a Best rating. I had to do an errand right after I first tried it, and I looked at the side view window of the car, and was afraid to go in the store because I was afraid they would think I had a stroke, the two sides of my face are so different. The SA at Macy's said they run out frequently. The 3.4 oz. for $168 is the best deal. I feel it is worth every penny, because when I put it on, I can feel the saggy parts held in place and tightened, it IS like a girdle. The pump bottle measures out a perfect amount. I just wish it was cheaper, but you can't have everything.

on 3/10/2013 11:23:00 AM

What a total disapointment to me, very expensive and useless. It made my aging skin look lifeless and dull. Its a waste of money. I will not buy it, again.

First of all, no one can expect miracles from skin care products. It is important to have reasonable expectations. Only plastic surgery can erase or lift wrinkles. This serum has wonderful ingredients and that is why I use it. I use it in the morning before applying a moisturizer and SPF. The pump bottle is very practical. Short-term benefits: makes my skin temporarily smooth and glowy (silicones), it serves great as a foundation primer. Long-term: evens out my skin tone, fades out sun damage. Even though it is expensive, I will keep on using it as a part of my skin care routine with the hope I'm doing the best for my skin externally.

Personally not a good product for my combination skin as after a few uses this serum started to severely clog my pores and I even had some breakouts which is very rare for me. I purchased this product as I like that it is full of excellent ingredients for my skin, including plenty of antioxidants, but clogged pores and breakouts are a deal breaker. I'm glad others are able to use this product and enjoy it's benefits, but I'm moving on and trying another serum.