Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming SerumEnter Title

3.5

cyclopentasiloxane; water; polysilicone 11; dimethicone; HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer; silica; butylene glycol; yeast extract; scutellaria baicalensis extract; mulberry root extract; st pauls wort extract; clary extract; grapefruit extract; barley extract; chamomile extract; wheat germ extract; corn kernal extract; licorice root extract; narcissus blub extract; boswellia serrata extract; lady's thistle extract; fish (pisces) collagen; polysorbate 40; ethylhexyl glycerin; caffeine; cholesterol; hydrolyzed fish (pisces) collagen; pentylene glycol; whey protein; pantethine; creatine; soybean protein; glycerin; peg 10 dimethicone; sodium pca; AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE; linoleic acid; glyceryl polyacrylate; polyquaternium 51; squalane; propylene glycol dicaprate; acetyl carnitine hcl; acetyl hexapeptide 8; phytosphingosine; sodium hyaluronate; adenosine phosphate; aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate; peg 8; disodium distyrylbiphenyl disulfonate; lecithin; palmitoyl oligopeptide; disodium NADH; caprylyl glycol; decarboxy carnosine hcl; laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed soy protein; sodium betasitosteryl sulfate; fragrance; sodium chondroitin sulfate; tocopheryl acetate; hexylene glycol; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; xantham gum; disodium edta; phenoxyethanol; titanium dioxide; mica.

on 11/20/2016 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm still on the fence with this here. Probably I don't want to rate it to high because every time I do, that product stops working for me and I start wondering why I was so excited in the first place. But so far I have been using this serum every morning under my moisturizer for 6 months and I can say that I noticed that my skin became smoother and clearer in the first 6 weeks and still is. For this reason I have bought now a new 50ml bottle, which I think will last me one year, and I hope that it will keep doing this small little wonder for me. I can't really say what it does but my skin just looks much better with less lines and smaller pores (but this could be also the result of my other wonder worker, Avene PhisioLift Night that I have started using around the same time). I only use half or one pump on a very damp face after a toner (Avene water or witch hazel toner). If your fingers are also damp it spreads much better so you don't need to use a lot and plaster your face with it. You will feel that your skin becomes smooth but also kind of dry (this is the effect the silica powder). This is why you will need a good moisturizer if you have dry skin, especially around your eyes. For oily or combination skins this is a dream.
Anyway, I only bought it because I was looking for a good primer to use before my foundations to smooth the fine lines and the large pores and make my makeup last longer, and because this is loaded with silica powder and with silicons I thought I rather splash on something that has also other amazing ingredients and is suppose to do something good to my skin, than on a shamelessly expensive Hourglass primer which is only made of silica powder and silicons.

Just an advice if you are tempted to buy it on Ebay, be very careful because there are many sellers that sell fakes. The first time I have ordered it on Ebay, 5 samples at 7ml, and I was lucky. The second time it was a fake and I had to open a case to get a refund. It is worth spending a bit more to have the real thing and keep in mind, if the price is too good to be true it is mostly not true. But you can mostly find it for a quite good price on online retailers or at US duty free.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to love this serum, it was my HG for about 5 year, but not anymore. I recently develop rosacea that comes and goes depends on the products I use. Unfortunately this one is a big 'no'.
Pros:
- very smooth velvety feeling on skin
- improves skin quality (color, surface) when used constantly
- works well to diminish starting to appear fine lines
- the packaging is well made, very pretty and comes in several sizes (7ml - tester, 30ml - regular, 50ml - regular, 100ml - sold at airports only)

Cons:
- my makeup moves when applied over this serum (I had to use it at night only)
- provoke rosacea's redness and breakouts

on 6/22/2014 12:25:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I would target this product to the areas needed. I would not apply it all over the face. I use it around my eyes, my jaw line, and naso labial folds. Wow. You can feel your skin firming, becoming more taut, plumping up, and getting hydrated. Does what they promise. I am 57, and have some skin sagging.

Well - very mixed review here.

I LOVE this product. It gives my skin this wonderful matte look and feeling. Buuuut... it makes me break out like CRAZY. I do have sensitive skin though. I can't use Biolage or Joicio products on my hair or my whole body breaks out, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. Go to Nordstrom or Lord & Taylor and see if you can get a generous sample, use it for a week and see if you react at all. I don't know what it is that does it - I Clairsonic at night, put vitamin e oil on me face and then just a wash cloth and cold water in the AM then go through my regular routine and never have any break outs. Once I put this puppy in the routine I got those big nasty cyst like zits that I almost never get. So fair warning. I do love it though, just wish it didn't make my face explode.

on 10/13/2012 5:50:00 AM

I absolutely love this product. It is expensive, but a little goes a fairly long way and used sparingly a bottle will last - so works out OK on a cost per day calculation. The flipside is running out s unbearable - my skin craves this stuff. There is a very visible difference. It also balances out any oiliness/dryness. This is my HG serum. I have found that my skin is a whole lot better in terms of fine lines, age spots, creases around the lips, marionette lines/smile lines and a deep 'frown crease' I had since my late teens/twenties has disappeared for good. It can be difficult to get the last of the product out of the bottle and at this price you should be able to get every last drop. The pump bottle functions well otherwise. This serum is a light liquid cream consistency, whereas many other serums are oily and need time to absorb, this one sinks right into your skin and leaves it feeling uplifted, toned, instantly smooths fine lines and creates a beautifully velvet feeling that also makes a great makeup base. I use this instead of daytime moisturizer, I don't need anything else and with the lifting/line plumping effects, I prefer it. I then use Napoleon Auto-Pilot Face Primer (which goes further after using this serum first) before my makeup. I can honestly say I have never had as many compliments on my skin since using this serum (in combination with Auto-Pilot and mineral foundation).

on 5/18/2010 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product did not work for my wrinkles on my forehead. I have not experienced anything good when using it.

on 5/12/2010 3:05:00 PM

Honestly it's not good under my makeup, make my foudation peeling effect when toucking ( i just use a little + special for my fineline under my eyes+ forehead). Not event helping correct the skin from dark spot like it said WORST than the clinique even better skin tone in short + long term use.

on 8/20/2008 11:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Another excellent "must try" new product! Thank you, thank you cavewoman for recommending this wonderful new serum. I was suffering from an ugly, really bad reaction (blackheads and enlarged pores around my nose) from overusing a much too strong vitamin serum. I used CP+ serum a few times and the whole mess literally cleared up within a couple of days! That's awesome! I am now using the serum (daytime) on targeted areas with the goal of removing a few persistent brown spots and in conjunction with EL Ultimate Youth Cream (nightime) which is also top notch for mature, dry skin (reviewed that as well if you're interested). The prior reviews thoroughly explain CP+ benefits and ingredients, so I am simply adding this to show my appreciation to cavewoman for her recommendation and to share my initial positive results. UPDATE 9/2/08: My personal "negative" on this is the very strong scent....too flowery and sweet for me. Fortunately, the odor dissipates quickly once on the skin, so it's not a show stopper. The 1.7oz well designed container (efficient pump in a sturdy glass bottle) is an excellent value for $80. This product will last a LONG time and I am very hopeful, based on the prior great reviews, that the results will be long lasting as well.