Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming SerumEnter Title

3.8

cyclopentasiloxane; water; polysilicone 11; dimethicone; HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer; silica; butylene glycol; yeast extract; scutellaria baicalensis extract; mulberry root extract; st pauls wort extract; clary extract; grapefruit extract; barley extract; chamomile extract; wheat germ extract; corn kernal extract; licorice root extract; narcissus blub extract; boswellia serrata extract; lady's thistle extract; fish (pisces) collagen; polysorbate 40; ethylhexyl glycerin; caffeine; cholesterol; hydrolyzed fish (pisces) collagen; pentylene glycol; whey protein; pantethine; creatine; soybean protein; glycerin; peg 10 dimethicone; sodium pca; AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE; linoleic acid; glyceryl polyacrylate; polyquaternium 51; squalane; propylene glycol dicaprate; acetyl carnitine hcl; acetyl hexapeptide 8; phytosphingosine; sodium hyaluronate; adenosine phosphate; aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate; peg 8; disodium distyrylbiphenyl disulfonate; lecithin; palmitoyl oligopeptide; disodium NADH; caprylyl glycol; decarboxy carnosine hcl; laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed soy protein; sodium betasitosteryl sulfate; fragrance; sodium chondroitin sulfate; tocopheryl acetate; hexylene glycol; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; xantham gum; disodium edta; phenoxyethanol; titanium dioxide; mica.

on 11/20/2016 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm still on the fence with this here. Probably I don't want to rate it to high because every time I do, that product stops working for me and I start wondering why I was so excited in the first place. But so far I have been using this serum every morning under my moisturizer for 6 months and I can say that I noticed that my skin became smoother and clearer in the first 6 weeks and still is. For this reason I have bought now a new 50ml bottle, which I think will last me one year, and I hope that it will keep doing this small little wonder for me. I can't really say what it does but my skin just looks much better with less lines and smaller pores (but this could be also the result of my other wonder worker, Avene PhisioLift Night that I have started using around the same time). I only use half or one pump on a very damp face after a toner (Avene water or witch hazel toner). If your fingers are also damp it spreads much better so you don't need to use a lot and plaster your face with it. You will feel that your skin becomes smooth but also kind of dry (this is the effect the silica powder). This is why you will need a good moisturizer if you have dry skin, especially around your eyes. For oily or combination skins this is a dream.
Anyway, I only bought it because I was looking for a good primer to use before my foundations to smooth the fine lines and the large pores and make my makeup last longer, and because this is loaded with silica powder and with silicons I thought I rather splash on something that has also other amazing ingredients and is suppose to do something good to my skin, than on a shamelessly expensive Hourglass primer which is only made of silica powder and silicons.

Just an advice if you are tempted to buy it on Ebay, be very careful because there are many sellers that sell fakes. The first time I have ordered it on Ebay, 5 samples at 7ml, and I was lucky. The second time it was a fake and I had to open a case to get a refund. It is worth spending a bit more to have the real thing and keep in mind, if the price is too good to be true it is mostly not true. But you can mostly find it for a quite good price on online retailers or at US duty free.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to love this serum, it was my HG for about 5 year, but not anymore. I recently develop rosacea that comes and goes depends on the products I use. Unfortunately this one is a big 'no'.
Pros:
- very smooth velvety feeling on skin
- improves skin quality (color, surface) when used constantly
- works well to diminish starting to appear fine lines
- the packaging is well made, very pretty and comes in several sizes (7ml - tester, 30ml - regular, 50ml - regular, 100ml - sold at airports only)

Cons:
- my makeup moves when applied over this serum (I had to use it at night only)
- provoke rosacea's redness and breakouts

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I can't say enough how much I love this magic serum!! It facilitates foundation beautifully and smooths out wrinkles. I was without it for a couple of months and noticed my skin was not looking as good. I love it!!

on 4/15/2013 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this serum. It makes my facial skin look entirely better and more youthful. Even my husband noticed, and he is not one to notice things like that. My skin feels smoother, and has nice healthy feeling. It goes on easily. Makeup goes on well over this and a moisturizer. I have sensitive skin prone to clogged pores and breakouts, and this product does not bother my skin at all. I gave it four stars instead of five because the fragrance is a little much, and I prefer fragrance free products. This is pricey but I love it so much I keep buying it, as nothing else seems to work as well, and I have tried a lot of serums.

on 3/12/2012 2:20:00 PM

I use this during the day. Makes my face so smooth. I love it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Had a deluxe sample of this and to be honest, it feels like a LOAD of silicone with purple shimmers in it. I don't think it does much for correcting skin imperfections or wrinkles...just seems like a product that masks it. Also feels really greasy--like the silicone-heavy kind of greasy. Not worth buying.

on 5/28/2010 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am weaning myself off the $200 Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lifting serum and thought I'd give this a try instead. Paula Begoun says that based on the ingredient list, it should actually be a better product. I don't know if it is better but it is certainly just as good. Same smoothness and reduced look to lines and wrinkles. But like all EL advertising, the whole improves in two hours line is bull. I do think that you have to give a product like this a good six to eight weeks to see any improvement. No offense to any MUAers but it isn't Botox. You're just not going to see much in a week although you should see smoother skin and less redness. And I also want to say that ultimately the improvements will be very subtle: lines will be less noticeable but they won't be going away. Compared to the price of laser treatments which are in the thousands, this slight improvement is good enough for me. One more thing: check the ingredient list. All serums are clearly not equal. There are so many unbiased sites with research on the Internet that you should check the efficacy of the ingredients if you're going to spend this kind of money.

on 5/18/2010 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product did not work for my wrinkles on my forehead. I have not experienced anything good when using it.

on 1/7/2010 5:15:00 PM

Ii love this serum. I mainly bought to smooth the expresion line around my mouth and forehead. I saw result instantely. Now they are as visible anymore. My skin is moother and I love the velvetly like feel. Pricey but works great.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wear this everyday for the past six months under my EL Futurist foundation. I am 56. My skin looks smooth and flawless.
It is an excellent under foundation primer and makes a huge difference in how my skin looks under foundation. All that silky silicon works wonders.

That's it, that's all it does, but it does this one thing so beautifully that I will contininue using it.