Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming SerumEnter Title

cyclopentasiloxane; water; polysilicone 11; dimethicone; HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer; silica; butylene glycol; yeast extract; scutellaria baicalensis extract; mulberry root extract; st pauls wort extract; clary extract; grapefruit extract; barley extract; chamomile extract; wheat germ extract; corn kernal extract; licorice root extract; narcissus blub extract; boswellia serrata extract; lady's thistle extract; fish (pisces) collagen; polysorbate 40; ethylhexyl glycerin; caffeine; cholesterol; hydrolyzed fish (pisces) collagen; pentylene glycol; whey protein; pantethine; creatine; soybean protein; glycerin; peg 10 dimethicone; sodium pca; AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE; linoleic acid; glyceryl polyacrylate; polyquaternium 51; squalane; propylene glycol dicaprate; acetyl carnitine hcl; acetyl hexapeptide 8; phytosphingosine; sodium hyaluronate; adenosine phosphate; aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate; peg 8; disodium distyrylbiphenyl disulfonate; lecithin; palmitoyl oligopeptide; disodium NADH; caprylyl glycol; decarboxy carnosine hcl; laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed soy protein; sodium betasitosteryl sulfate; fragrance; sodium chondroitin sulfate; tocopheryl acetate; hexylene glycol; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; xantham gum; disodium edta; phenoxyethanol; titanium dioxide; mica.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to love this serum, it was my HG for about 5 year, but not anymore. I recently develop rosacea that comes and goes depends on the products I use. Unfortunately this one is a big 'no'.
Pros:
- very smooth velvety feeling on skin
- improves skin quality (color, surface) when used constantly
- works well to diminish starting to appear fine lines
- the packaging is well made, very pretty and comes in several sizes (7ml - tester, 30ml - regular, 50ml - regular, 100ml - sold at airports only)

Cons:
- my makeup moves when applied over this serum (I had to use it at night only)
- provoke rosacea's redness and breakouts

on 3/17/2016 9:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have been using this about three weeks now under my moisturiser in the morning, and I like how it is slick and "blurs" my lines. I don't know ultimately if it's helping the underlying problem, but it makes my skin look better and smoother. Probably will buy again unless I find something similar with better hydration.

on 9/26/2014 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this. I've been using this for about 4 or 5 years. It really helps with redness, skin tone, wrinkles, and breakouts. I wish it was cheaper, and occasionally I'll try something else, but I always come back to this. My skin is insanely sensitive and this has never bothered me, even under my chin and neck where I get blotchy and red from irritation. I use this on my face, neck, and chest, and hope it is never discontinued!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

If you are older, try it on half your face. I tried it on half my face, and the results were so dramatic I immediately bought the jumbo size online. You can't tell the difference if you put it on your whole face so do half when you first try it! I am over 60. I believe this wonderful purple potion is made for older ladies. It is not a moisturizer. I received a sample packet from Macy's, after reading on Paula Begoun's site that it was like a girdle for skin, she gave it a Best rating. I had to do an errand right after I first tried it, and I looked at the side view window of the car, and was afraid to go in the store because I was afraid they would think I had a stroke, the two sides of my face are so different. The SA at Macy's said they run out frequently. The 3.4 oz. for $168 is the best deal. I feel it is worth every penny, because when I put it on, I can feel the saggy parts held in place and tightened, it IS like a girdle. The pump bottle measures out a perfect amount. I just wish it was cheaper, but you can't have everything.

on 2/12/2013 11:16:00 AM

What a total disapointment. This stuff was not only expensive but useless. It made my aging skin look lifeless and dull. It makes your skin look matt which is an aging enemy. It did not lift lines it made them look worse. Dont waste your money.

on 9/27/2010 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I blithely bought this serum 'cause I wanted to 'qualify' for a gwp. I have used many, many cosmetic and skin care items and have never expected too much; just so long as they were decent, I was happy. Well after a few weeks people started asking me what was I doing? One friend that I had not seen for awhile asked if I had 'work' done? My DH started to call me "beauty" for heavens sake. So I am convinced that this stuff DOES do something to improve skin. I guess I really needed the improvement so it shows!

on 5/28/2010 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am weaning myself off the $200 Re-Nutriv Ultimate Lifting serum and thought I'd give this a try instead. Paula Begoun says that based on the ingredient list, it should actually be a better product. I don't know if it is better but it is certainly just as good. Same smoothness and reduced look to lines and wrinkles. But like all EL advertising, the whole improves in two hours line is bull. I do think that you have to give a product like this a good six to eight weeks to see any improvement. No offense to any MUAers but it isn't Botox. You're just not going to see much in a week although you should see smoother skin and less redness. And I also want to say that ultimately the improvements will be very subtle: lines will be less noticeable but they won't be going away. Compared to the price of laser treatments which are in the thousands, this slight improvement is good enough for me. One more thing: check the ingredient list. All serums are clearly not equal. There are so many unbiased sites with research on the Internet that you should check the efficacy of the ingredients if you're going to spend this kind of money.

on 1/10/2010 11:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I bought this serum for my mother for Christmas after she kept going to the Estee Lauder counter and trying it. I haven't used it myself so I can't really comment on the feel/texture/scent of the product but I have noticed such a difference in my mother's skin that I was driven to write a review. She used to have small visible capillaries on her cheeks and her skin was looking tired and dry-ish (I am not being mean, this is what she has told me herself and I could see that this was the case). She tried a Yuva moisturising serum but I didn't really see any difference in her skin. She's been using the Estee Lauder perfectionist wrinkle lifting serum since Christmas day (so it's been 1.5 weeks) and I have to say I am a bit astounded at the results. Her pinkness and capillaries are at least 50% improved. Her skin no longer looks dry or dull, the wrinkles around her eyes and mouth are filling out and her skin looks plumper. It also gives her skin a youthful glow - so much so that I was envious and opened up my Estee Lauder advanced night repair sample to try! I'd definitely recommend this serum, my mum looks fantastic, I think it's taken about 5 years off her!

on 10/30/2009 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I had a very small sample of this, so I can't comment on any longterm effects. I will say, though, that in my opinion this is an overpriced product that likely won't really fulfill its inflated wrinkle-fighting claims. Estee Lauder claims: "With just one application, wrinkles appear significantly reduced." However, I saw absolutely no reduction in my slight crowsfeet or the crease between my brows. Although I'm glad that the fragrance didn't irritate my sensitive skin, I really hate scented products. The fragrance itself isn't bad (it reminds a bit of some hair care product I've used--maybe something from Biolage), but I hate smelling my skincare. Overall, I was unimpressed, and this isn't a product I'll be buying, since cheaper antioxidant/peptide serums abound.
Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Water, Polysilicone-11, Dimethicone, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Silica, Butylene Glycol, Yeast Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul's Wort) Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Hordeum Vulgare (Barley) Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Narcissus Tazetta Bulb Extract, Boswellia Serrata Extract, Silybum Marianum (Lady's Thistle) Extract, Fish (Pisces) Collagen, Polysorbate 40, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Hydrolyzed Fish (Pisces) Collagen, Pentylene Glycol, Whey Protein, Pantethine, Creatine, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Glycerin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Sodium Pca, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/Vp Copolymer, Linoleic Acid, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Polyquaternium-51, Squalane, Propylene Glycol Dicaprate, Acetyl Carnitine Hcl, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Phytosphingosine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Adenosine Phosphate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Peg-8, Disodium Distyrylbiphenyl Disulfonate, Lecithin, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Disodium Nadh, Caprylyl Glycol, Decarboxy Carnosine Hcl, Laurdimonium Hydroxypropyl Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Sodium Beta-Sitosteryl Sulfate, Fragrance, Sodium Chondroitin Sulfate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexylene Glycol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Chloride, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide, Mica. continued >>