Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming SerumEnter Title

3.0

cyclopentasiloxane; water; polysilicone 11; dimethicone; HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer; silica; butylene glycol; yeast extract; scutellaria baicalensis extract; mulberry root extract; st pauls wort extract; clary extract; grapefruit extract; barley extract; chamomile extract; wheat germ extract; corn kernal extract; licorice root extract; narcissus blub extract; boswellia serrata extract; lady's thistle extract; fish (pisces) collagen; polysorbate 40; ethylhexyl glycerin; caffeine; cholesterol; hydrolyzed fish (pisces) collagen; pentylene glycol; whey protein; pantethine; creatine; soybean protein; glycerin; peg 10 dimethicone; sodium pca; AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE; linoleic acid; glyceryl polyacrylate; polyquaternium 51; squalane; propylene glycol dicaprate; acetyl carnitine hcl; acetyl hexapeptide 8; phytosphingosine; sodium hyaluronate; adenosine phosphate; aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate; peg 8; disodium distyrylbiphenyl disulfonate; lecithin; palmitoyl oligopeptide; disodium NADH; caprylyl glycol; decarboxy carnosine hcl; laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed soy protein; sodium betasitosteryl sulfate; fragrance; sodium chondroitin sulfate; tocopheryl acetate; hexylene glycol; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; xantham gum; disodium edta; phenoxyethanol; titanium dioxide; mica.

on 3/29/2013 4:23:00 PM

Super-silicone-y! Got a sample in the mail today... put in on my face then washed it off quickly. I could tell IMMEDIATELY (from lots of experience with similar products) that this stuff was basically fertilizer for a potential zit farm. Not to mention once it dried my face looked like it was wrapped in wax paper. Just not for me. I still love my Advanced Night Repair Eye, and my DayWear cream, but I think I will skip this particular treatment. This product is probably best for people who have little or no tendency to break out, but honestly even for them I think there is something else out there that costs less and performs better.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

It doesn't lift anything to start with. It's just a very siliconey base for your face. Overpriced for what it is and what it does. At first I really liked it but when my very first small bottle was finished and I purchased a second one. I then discovered (way too late) that it was blocking my pores if used daily. Fabulous! So now I am stuck with a huge bottle of it and I think it's going to last me forever because I use it like twice-three times a week (otherwise it'll definitely break me out) trying to alternate it with my daily (HG status!) EL advanced repair serum. It doesn't provide enough moisture either. One good thing - it can be used as a primer as it makes the foundation application easier and smoother. No way I am going to repurchase this! (still have 3/4 of my huge bottle left - going to take me a lifetime to finish this).

on 5/12/2010 3:05:00 PM

Honestly it's not good under my makeup, make my foudation peeling effect when toucking ( i just use a little + special for my fineline under my eyes+ forehead). Not event helping correct the skin from dark spot like it said WORST than the clinique even better skin tone in short + long term use.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Ingredients: cyclopentasiloxane, water, polysilicone 11, dimethicone, HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer, silica, butylene glycol, yeast extract, scutellaria baicalensis extract, mulberry root extract, st pauls wort extract, clary extract, grape fruit extract, barley extract, chamomilla flower extract, wheat germ extract, corn kernal extract, licorice root extract, narcissus blub extract, boswellia serrata extract, lady's thistle extract, fish (pisces) collagen, polysorbate 40, ethylhexyl glycerin, caffeine, cholesterol, hydrolyzed fish (pisces) collagen, pentylene glycol, whey protein, pantethine, creatine, soybean protein, glycerin, peg 10 dimethicone, sodium pca, ammonum acryloyldimethyltaurate, linoleic acid, glyceryl polyacrylate, polyquaternium 51, squlane, propylene glycol dicaprate, acetyl carnitine hcl, acetyl hexapeptide 8, phytosphingosine, sodium hyaluronate, adenosine phosphate, aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate, peg 8, disodium distrylbiphenyl disulfonate, lecithin, palimotyl oligopeptide, disodium NADH, caprylyl glycol, decarboxy carnosine hcl, laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed soy protein, sodium betasitosteryl sulfate, fragrance, sodium chondroitin sulfate, tocopheryl acetate, hexylene glycol, hydroxyethyl cellulose, sodium chloride, xantham gum, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide, mica. (I typed this myself from the box, so there might be a stray typo, but I tried to be very careful!)

WOW thats a lot of ingredients. But after using it for only one day, my skin LOOKS and FEELS nicer. It looks less blotchy, less irritated, more even, more calm. I dont have wrinkles, Im using this for the even skin tone properties. I have Idealist, but Im more impressed with this since the results are seen/felt much more quickly. Its creamier than Idealist, but it leaves a similar silky feeling, soaks in/dries like a dream. It smells wonderful, like rose or lavender or peony, I cant put my finger on it. Ive never used the old version so I dont know how well it has improved. But Im going to keep using this and I hope my skin keeps improving. This is very expensive ($80 for 1.7 oz or $55 for 1 oz) but if you like EL serums, this is DEFINITELY worth trying. I will try to update later, but Im very hopeful. I have a lot of red post-acne marks I need to get rid of, and a lot of large pores I'd like to have refined.

Update 08/18/08: No breakouts or clogs from this (and Im very prone to that) which makes me very happy. Also, I had bad nasty pimple around the time I bought this, and a week later, theres not even a red spot left behind! so not only did it heal fast, but it left no scar. I was floored. So yes, as long as your skin can tolerate silicones, this is wonderful for blemishes when they are in their heal-stage. It also makes them smoother so makeup goes more easily overtop. This is so much better than Idealist!

Update #2: 01/04/09: I'm STILL amazed at this serum! I put it away for a while and used other products the past few months, but Im glad I kept this around. I dug it out again today. My skin was having a fit - it was red, irritated, flaky. I had an underground blemish that finally decided to come to a head (after a few months of being buried!), and so it left a big red spot and was inflamed a bit. I put on some Advanced Night Repair Concentrate (also always have that around somewhere) but that wasnt enough, my skin was still a little irritated. So I figured, well, I'll spot treat with the Perfectionist, its worked in the past. WOW. Immediately (as in, within a couple minutes) after putting this on my troubled spots, my skin completely calmed down!! Over my blemish, I felt a slight tingle, nothing bad, but it really reduced the inflammation and irritation. I dont know which ingredients are doing all the work, but this is truly an amazing serum.

Update #3: 10/29/09: this serum is still AWESOME. LOVE!!! continued >>