Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming SerumEnter Title

4.1

cyclopentasiloxane; water; polysilicone 11; dimethicone; HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer; silica; butylene glycol; yeast extract; scutellaria baicalensis extract; mulberry root extract; st pauls wort extract; clary extract; grapefruit extract; barley extract; chamomile extract; wheat germ extract; corn kernal extract; licorice root extract; narcissus blub extract; boswellia serrata extract; lady's thistle extract; fish (pisces) collagen; polysorbate 40; ethylhexyl glycerin; caffeine; cholesterol; hydrolyzed fish (pisces) collagen; pentylene glycol; whey protein; pantethine; creatine; soybean protein; glycerin; peg 10 dimethicone; sodium pca; AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE; linoleic acid; glyceryl polyacrylate; polyquaternium 51; squalane; propylene glycol dicaprate; acetyl carnitine hcl; acetyl hexapeptide 8; phytosphingosine; sodium hyaluronate; adenosine phosphate; aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate; peg 8; disodium distyrylbiphenyl disulfonate; lecithin; palmitoyl oligopeptide; disodium NADH; caprylyl glycol; decarboxy carnosine hcl; laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed soy protein; sodium betasitosteryl sulfate; fragrance; sodium chondroitin sulfate; tocopheryl acetate; hexylene glycol; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; xantham gum; disodium edta; phenoxyethanol; titanium dioxide; mica.

on 11/20/2016 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm still on the fence with this here. Probably I don't want to rate it to high because every time I do, that product stops working for me and I start wondering why I was so excited in the first place. But so far I have been using this serum every morning under my moisturizer for 6 months and I can say that I noticed that my skin became smoother and clearer in the first 6 weeks and still is. For this reason I have bought now a new 50ml bottle, which I think will last me one year, and I hope that it will keep doing this small little wonder for me. I can't really say what it does but my skin just looks much better with less lines and smaller pores (but this could be also the result of my other wonder worker, Avene PhisioLift Night that I have started using around the same time). I only use half or one pump on a very damp face after a toner (Avene water or witch hazel toner). If your fingers are also damp it spreads much better so you don't need to use a lot and plaster your face with it. You will feel that your skin becomes smooth but also kind of dry (this is the effect the silica powder). This is why you will need a good moisturizer if you have dry skin, especially around your eyes. For oily or combination skins this is a dream.
Anyway, I only bought it because I was looking for a good primer to use before my foundations to smooth the fine lines and the large pores and make my makeup last longer, and because this is loaded with silica powder and with silicons I thought I rather splash on something that has also other amazing ingredients and is suppose to do something good to my skin, than on a shamelessly expensive Hourglass primer which is only made of silica powder and silicons.

Just an advice if you are tempted to buy it on Ebay, be very careful because there are many sellers that sell fakes. The first time I have ordered it on Ebay, 5 samples at 7ml, and I was lucky. The second time it was a fake and I had to open a case to get a refund. It is worth spending a bit more to have the real thing and keep in mind, if the price is too good to be true it is mostly not true. But you can mostly find it for a quite good price on online retailers or at US duty free.

on 9/18/2016 10:55:00 AM

I have used this serum in it's current formula and previous one for many years. I have stop using it and replaced it with other day serums but I have found that my skin looks dull without it. I know that Beautypedia indicated in their review that the effect of this product is cosmetic. However, I noticed that the longer I use this product religiously, the better my skin becomes. My only pet peeve is the packaging. It is very difficult to get the last amount of product out. I have to turn the bottle upside down and scrape it out with a q-tip. Since this is very pricey, I want to get every last drop out.

on 3/2/2016 9:32:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently decided to give this a try. I have been using it for about one month and must admit it is wonderful. I have noticed a difference in the texture of my skin. My lines are a bit less noticeable and my skin is more supple. I don't have to scrub as much. I still alternate between my Peter Thomas Roth Glycolic Hydrating Serum and Neutrogena's Healthy Skin Anti-Wrinkle Cream with Retinol for nighttime along with Cerave Moisture Cream. I spot treat my dry areas with Olive Oil too. I also use a mild antioxident night cream to give my face a break from strong treatments every third night.

Perfectionist is a day treatment and this is how I use it when I am not using Estee Lauder's Perfectionist Foundation or Chanel's Les Beiges Healthy Glow Fluid (my all time favorite!):

First for the day I cleanse then I apply toner(s) to my combination skin and fresh Aloe Vera gel. Then I apply Perfectionist to my entire face and my eye area as well. Next my Sunscreen goes on.

I honestly think it is a great serum but as far as skin care goes it is all in the regimen. If you are regular in your use then the proper effects can happen. Everyone is different too. I personally am a fan of Perfectionist. The cost is steep and there are other products you can use that contain Peptides as well. I am not sure how they perform as I have not tried them as of yet. I was impressed with the Perfectionist Foundation so I got the Serum. Estee Lauder has some of the best skin care on the market and I now know it is not just hype either

Awesome serum. I use it once a day, in the morning before applying makeup. It feels and works like a primer! It has a very smooth, silicon-y texture and instantly diminishes the look of pores and fine lines. I am almost finished with my bottle, and I think I may try something different next (just because of all the options on the market!) but I will certainly come back to this in the future!

on 5/28/2014 12:36:00 AM

A small sample from my friend... I only use this around my eyes and lip, and it works like magic. Serum texture is a lot easier for me to spread on my face and this glides smoothly. I prefer using this rather than pay extra money for useless eyecream.

Oh good god. people please please please DO NOT LISTEN TO WHAT A COMPANY SAYS REGARDING NON-comogenic & NON-irritating! these claims have no regulation whatsoever and land o lakes could say their butter fights wrinkles & won't clog pores with zero consequence!

On the other hand, those who claim silicone make you break out, it IS LIKELY A DIFFERENT INGREDIENT USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SILICONE! (I could name 10 that are In 95% of silicone products, are moisturizing or emollient and 1000x more likely to cause pores.)

Do full research from impartial 3rd parties, never a manufacturer! paulas choice rates this a BEST and she's a competitor of EL plus one of the most scrutinizing experts on skincare. I love it and it has skin repairing ingredients. it also is loaded w/silicones which leave it feeling soft & silky like a primer. I find it works fabulously as a primer and have ceased using one daily since too much silicone will ball up and make makeup application difficult.

Now, I have to analyze the ingredients. I am NOT brekout prone and my skin looks 100x better when using this, but I have started breaking out (very minorly for most, major for me.) Obviously there is something in this or advanced night repair serum (only changes I've made), my skin doesn't like or the combination of the two, but that shouldn't have an impact on the products considerable merit. I know that it isn't the silicones though, extensive research has shown that silicone particles are too large to clog pores stomping the theory that silicone=breakouts, and I practically eat silicone I use so much of it in every product I own!

Buy somewhere w/good return policy which you should do anyways, but for $70, you better LOVE this!!!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I can't say enough how much I love this magic serum!! It facilitates foundation beautifully and smooths out wrinkles. I was without it for a couple of months and noticed my skin was not looking as good. I love it!!

on 3/10/2013 11:23:00 AM

What a total disapointment to me, very expensive and useless. It made my aging skin look lifeless and dull. Its a waste of money. I will not buy it, again.

on 12/14/2012 5:17:00 PM

I used the trial size i managed to get at sears, and have loved it ever since. Yes it is a pricey, but trust me when i say a little goes a long way. All you need is a little pump and dab it all over your face then rub it in. I was surprised at how nice it felt and it seemed to have a nice matte finish to it, and even more surprised when my skin never broke out once while using it. Which is a first for me considering i have very sensitive skin so using new products usually end up leaving my face red and irritated for at least a week. I would definitely use this again :)

Well - very mixed review here.

I LOVE this product. It gives my skin this wonderful matte look and feeling. Buuuut... it makes me break out like CRAZY. I do have sensitive skin though. I can't use Biolage or Joicio products on my hair or my whole body breaks out, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt. Go to Nordstrom or Lord & Taylor and see if you can get a generous sample, use it for a week and see if you react at all. I don't know what it is that does it - I Clairsonic at night, put vitamin e oil on me face and then just a wash cloth and cold water in the AM then go through my regular routine and never have any break outs. Once I put this puppy in the routine I got those big nasty cyst like zits that I almost never get. So fair warning. I do love it though, just wish it didn't make my face explode.