Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Estée Lauder Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming Serum
Perfectionist CP+R Wrinkle Lifting/Firming SerumEnter Title

3.8

cyclopentasiloxane; water; polysilicone 11; dimethicone; HDI/trimethylol hexyllactone crosspolymer; silica; butylene glycol; yeast extract; scutellaria baicalensis extract; mulberry root extract; st pauls wort extract; clary extract; grapefruit extract; barley extract; chamomile extract; wheat germ extract; corn kernal extract; licorice root extract; narcissus blub extract; boswellia serrata extract; lady's thistle extract; fish (pisces) collagen; polysorbate 40; ethylhexyl glycerin; caffeine; cholesterol; hydrolyzed fish (pisces) collagen; pentylene glycol; whey protein; pantethine; creatine; soybean protein; glycerin; peg 10 dimethicone; sodium pca; AMMONIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYLTAURATE; linoleic acid; glyceryl polyacrylate; polyquaternium 51; squalane; propylene glycol dicaprate; acetyl carnitine hcl; acetyl hexapeptide 8; phytosphingosine; sodium hyaluronate; adenosine phosphate; aminopropyl ascorbyl phosphate; peg 8; disodium distyrylbiphenyl disulfonate; lecithin; palmitoyl oligopeptide; disodium NADH; caprylyl glycol; decarboxy carnosine hcl; laurdimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolyzed soy protein; sodium betasitosteryl sulfate; fragrance; sodium chondroitin sulfate; tocopheryl acetate; hexylene glycol; hydroxyethyl cellulose; sodium chloride; xantham gum; disodium edta; phenoxyethanol; titanium dioxide; mica.

on 2/8/2017 5:42:00 PM

This serum is enhances my skin right after application. It's not moisturizing, but it does fill some fine lines and small pores.

I've used up a 1.7 oz bottle already and see no long term change whatsoever. I thought that this serum would work well on the fine lines on my forehead and a fine line between my eye brows. After using up the entire bottle, my lines remain the same as before.

Worse, I found that this causes breakouts easily. I breakout wherever I apply this serum (on my forehead).
I don't know if it's the silicones or the fragrance or whatever. It does a lot of damage to my skin.

I wish this serum has a small bit of moisturizing effects, but it does not at all.

on 9/18/2016 10:55:00 AM

I have used this serum in it's current formula and previous one for many years. I have stop using it and replaced it with other day serums but I have found that my skin looks dull without it. I know that Beautypedia indicated in their review that the effect of this product is cosmetic. However, I noticed that the longer I use this product religiously, the better my skin becomes. My only pet peeve is the packaging. It is very difficult to get the last amount of product out. I have to turn the bottle upside down and scrape it out with a q-tip. Since this is very pricey, I want to get every last drop out.

on 5/19/2015 10:51:00 PM

My absolute favorite skin treatment. HG, if you want to call it that. I use Retin-A at night (have for nearly 40 years) and Perfectionist in the morning. It's all I need.

I like the actives in this...polypeptides, yeasties and algeas, hyaluronic acid, collagen, licorice and soy to lighten and brighten skin. I love the aesthetics of the serum...nice silicones for slip which make it great as a primer as others have mentioned. I like the way my skin feels, and like what the serum has done to my skin over time. I have never once broken out from it.

Over the years I've bought and used hundreds of products looking for the fountain of youth. I could have funded a country on what I've spent, using the most and least expensive stuff out there. The most effective turns out to be the simplest...a gentle cleanser like Cereve; very occasional exfoliation with a gentle scrub alternated with AHAs and/or BHAs...drugstore is fine; Retin-A; EL Perfectionist; and almost any moisturizer that works for my skintype (I like the Cereve line, Olay, Estee Lauder, some Clinique). Did I mention sunscreen? (Cereve or Neutrogena work just fine.)

What's important for me now is that the skincare I use be effective and proven by science (backed by progressive research), easy to acquire, gentle, and feel good on my skin...prbly in that order. Oh, and my skin needs to look its best without upset. And I can't get completely bored with a product...the results have to inspire me to keep using it.

I could prbly add vitC to my skincare routine, but don't worry about it. And I have not found a good eye cream. I'm using Algenist brand eye creams at the moment, which I find to be merely average. What I do lately is use a tiny bit of Retin-A under my eyes...which can be dangerous, cause I react so quickly there, but there's nothing like the wrinkle-fighting power of Retin-A.

I think what I'm trying to say is that benign neglect is the perfect way to handle my skin, as long as I have some heavy hitters in there working for me like Perfectionist. The rest I can let go.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Love this serum, I have been using about 6 months now in conjunction with the Estes Lauder Micro Essence lotion after cleansing and could not be happier. No breakouts or sensitivity, is very pleasant to use, great consistency and goes in great with my skin care routine. I have noticed with time a clearer younger looking appearance to my skin with regular use (every night before moisturizing). In addition to that, this could be a stand alone product since once applied it has a mattifying, smoothing effect on the skin that almost reminds me of a primer. Basically your skin looks great immediately after applying but also has long term use benefits. And although my skin is very oily I need to moisturize on top of this anyways. I have used many serums through the years (Caudalie, Dior, Boots, Algenist) and really am pretty happy that I have found one I can stick with. I would have to say though that using about 7 pumps per night (face neck chest) the 1.7oz lasts me maybe a month and a half so kind of on the pricey side but with results and no breakouts I will continue to repurchase.

Awesome serum. I use it once a day, in the morning before applying makeup. It feels and works like a primer! It has a very smooth, silicon-y texture and instantly diminishes the look of pores and fine lines. I am almost finished with my bottle, and I think I may try something different next (just because of all the options on the market!) but I will certainly come back to this in the future!

on 7/29/2014 9:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Very strange product...very fantastic product. It is like a very thick primer it has that thick consistency and I was a bit skeptical at first but my god, it's amazing. Best suited for first signs of ageing, it will plump up, blur and fill in those fine lines, and the hydration will keep them away, don't hesitate on buying this!!

on 7/1/2014 8:48:00 AM

I use this only on my forehead and nasal labial lines, for my forehead its great, really keeps those wrinkles plumped up. I have been having botox for 10 years on my forehead and around my eyes and for the last year have struggled financially, so have stopped the treatments and resorted to using this, I have to stay its brilliant, when my face is relaxed you cannot see the lines at all. It is so good, im actually not even missing the botox 'look'. Havent really noticed any difference to the labial lines, as ive always had them anyway.

Oh good god. people please please please DO NOT LISTEN TO WHAT A COMPANY SAYS REGARDING NON-comogenic & NON-irritating! these claims have no regulation whatsoever and land o lakes could say their butter fights wrinkles & won't clog pores with zero consequence!

On the other hand, those who claim silicone make you break out, it IS LIKELY A DIFFERENT INGREDIENT USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE SILICONE! (I could name 10 that are In 95% of silicone products, are moisturizing or emollient and 1000x more likely to cause pores.)

Do full research from impartial 3rd parties, never a manufacturer! paulas choice rates this a BEST and she's a competitor of EL plus one of the most scrutinizing experts on skincare. I love it and it has skin repairing ingredients. it also is loaded w/silicones which leave it feeling soft & silky like a primer. I find it works fabulously as a primer and have ceased using one daily since too much silicone will ball up and make makeup application difficult.

Now, I have to analyze the ingredients. I am NOT brekout prone and my skin looks 100x better when using this, but I have started breaking out (very minorly for most, major for me.) Obviously there is something in this or advanced night repair serum (only changes I've made), my skin doesn't like or the combination of the two, but that shouldn't have an impact on the products considerable merit. I know that it isn't the silicones though, extensive research has shown that silicone particles are too large to clog pores stomping the theory that silicone=breakouts, and I practically eat silicone I use so much of it in every product I own!

Buy somewhere w/good return policy which you should do anyways, but for $70, you better LOVE this!!!

on 4/15/2013 5:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I love this serum. It makes my facial skin look entirely better and more youthful. Even my husband noticed, and he is not one to notice things like that. My skin feels smoother, and has nice healthy feeling. It goes on easily. Makeup goes on well over this and a moisturizer. I have sensitive skin prone to clogged pores and breakouts, and this product does not bother my skin at all. I gave it four stars instead of five because the fragrance is a little much, and I prefer fragrance free products. This is pricey but I love it so much I keep buying it, as nothing else seems to work as well, and I have tried a lot of serums.

on 3/29/2013 4:23:00 PM

Super-silicone-y! Got a sample in the mail today... put in on my face then washed it off quickly. I could tell IMMEDIATELY (from lots of experience with similar products) that this stuff was basically fertilizer for a potential zit farm. Not to mention once it dried my face looked like it was wrapped in wax paper. Just not for me. I still love my Advanced Night Repair Eye, and my DayWear cream, but I think I will skip this particular treatment. This product is probably best for people who have little or no tendency to break out, but honestly even for them I think there is something else out there that costs less and performs better.