LUSH Karma

LUSH Karma
KarmaSWAP ITEM: LUSH Fragrance - Karma

3.5

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

i dunno. i really like the karma fragrance in lotion and soap, but otherwise i feel as though the smell is way too cloying and overpowering.

on 4/1/2016 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This review is for the solid version.

I hate to say it, but I'm slightly disappointed with this perfume. Not because of the scent - I've known and loved the Karma scent for a long time - but because of the wear time. When recently applied, it's a big and bold scent, but it fades much more quickly than I imagined it would. In fact, much more quickly than the Vanillary solid perfume, in my experience. At the end of the day I can't smell even a trace of it where I applied it to my wrists, for example. Sure, the tin makes it easy to stick in your bag and reapply during the day, but it's still a bit disappointing.

Speaking of the tin, though: I love it. As I mentioned, I also have the Vanillary one, but I've had it for a while, so it's in the little stick/tub format instead. There's all kinds of problems with that one, melting product and a whole lot of mess being the main ones. But this tin is really convenient. Unlike the tin that they used to (still do?) sell lip tints and lip balms in that are a pain to get the lid off, this lid simply screws on and off. Also, it's a vegan perfume, which is great in and of itself.

I'm not opposed to trying more of Lush's solid perfumes, but if I want another Karma perfume in the future, I'll give the spray-on one a try instead.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Some note or combination of notes in this induce nausea in me. I tried a sample and felt unwell, queasy and unable to eat. Later, I had a middle-aged office manager who used to douse herself in the stuff and I spent multiple afternoons feeling sick because of it. The ferocious, weird stink would invade an entire open-plan floor. She thought it was wonderful though. Clearly we were smelling something different. I'm fairly tolerant to most heady perfumes, generally don't mind patchouli and even enjoy fairly strong scents myself, but this concoction is the most unpleasant I've ever had the misfortune of sampling. Actually reminds me of some sickly fragrance that's used to mask a foul chemical odour and doesn't quite succeed rather than something that should be used on the human body. Seriously, I'm reminded of industrial toilet cleaner or something. Literally, the least sexy or pleasant scent I've come across. Still can't work out exactly which notes upset me so much but it's bad enough I'd avoided all LUSH perfumes since. I can't trust a 'nose' that puts something this wretched on the market.

on 9/27/2015 1:51:00 PM

This perfume is one I would definitely buy again. The scent is warm but not heavy, and is suitable for year-round wear. And another plus: it actually lasts on your skin for hours afterward rather than just disappearing like so many other fragrances are prone to do.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Your tastes change. I used to love Karma. It used to start out strong patchouli to me and then by the end of the day an orange creamsicle scent. It lasted all day. I had the shampoo the body cream the spray and the solid perfume. Fast forward a few years and all I smell is pine and cleaning solution. Will be throwing what I have left out. Try it, it may work for you. For a while.

This is horrible, not a fan. Smells like dirty patchouli and industrial strength prison bathroom disinfectant. It's super strong and has monster sillage. Legit, one time this girl walked by me on the street, we were going opposite directions, and I could smell it for blocks. For BLOCKS!

on 4/1/2014 11:12:00 PM

I love the smell of Karma. Because of oil it last for a while. It has a pleasant patchouli scent to it

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is one of my top three scents for daily use. I love it whether it's the perfume, soap, bath bombs- it's an amazing smell and it wears well. The fact that they bottled my favorite scent is great for me. The biggest con I can think of is that patchouli is not for everyone, and karma can be very strong if you apply too much. But I find it brightens my day and brings a smile to my face.

on 8/29/2014 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

definitely a maker or breaker for people. though for me its definitely a maker. I always like fruity citrus or vanilla and dessert smelling fragrances but this ones been a change for good. love the packaging n the fact that for 16 cad I get the black refillable vial (which I can later use as a sephora atomizer placebo) ;) love it for sure!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Oh my goodness gracious me - KARMA!

Okay, there's a bit of a backstory here. I'll try not to get too long-winded, k? (I said I'd try...I didn't say I'd be successful ;) )

So, many eons ago I was recovering from major surgery when out of the blue (well...UK, actually) a little package arrived from my Mum. I had since moved to the US, and obviously frequent visits weren't in the budget. So, I opened up that gorgeously smelly package with joy (or as much joy as one could expect after having life-changing surgery, anyway) and lo and behold.... Karma! The green soapy thing! The clear other soapy thing! The little bottle of love! THE FRAGRANCE!

Now I was a kid from the Opium/Giorgio fragrance age, and I'd never smelled anything like this. It bonded with me. We had a few tentative evenings out together before throwing caution to the wind and declaring our mutual love.

To this day, it's my HG (I only learned what that term stood for today, by the way) fragrance. It's patchouli and orange and...other stuff...sandalwood? Something-wood? If you want to mess around and make a sort of close version of the original, grab some bergamot, patchoui & lavendar and...some other stuff...and if you mess around with it enough you'll hit paydirt eventually.

Oh - the really cool bit? My mum had the same surgery as me, several years before, and my Aunt sent her the same stuff. Mum shared the wealth.

And now I have to go and buy some.

PS. Mum also tossed in some Maltesers and some Marmite. Bonus!

Popular Fragrances