Acne.org AHA+

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Acne.org AHA+
AHA+

4.3

I love this product. When combined with acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide is it an acne fighting machine. I used Paula's Choice AHA for several months and saw zero improvement in acne and the texture of my skin, whereas 1 month of Tom's AHA has completely changed my skin. Unless you have a very mild case of acne, I highly recommend buying the BP along with the AHA. Highly recommend!

Reveals new younger looking skin. Stings a bit though and only can use a couple times per week. Packaging is messy and I hate that about it. Great aha though.

on 10/2/2014 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great stuff! I use it daily, and its still gentle enough, yet does the job. I have horribly oily and acne-prone skin, and together with their treatment, this really does the job. Great formulation, also contains some squalene (one of the best moisturizers, IMO). It's only slightly annoyance is that the product constantly cakes up around the tube opening, better packaging would be nice :)

on 7/28/2014 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love(d) this. It stings a bit upon application but fades quickly. Dries fast, but it can ball under some moisturizers. My skin looks and feels amazing the next day.
However
I am nearly certain that this breaks me out, which makes me very upset.

on 5/5/2013 6:11:00 PM

From what I understand, AHA+ is not an everyday treatment that should be used on your face. It is suggested to use maybe once or twice a week. I think this should be announced before purchasing. If you over use it you may not see results because your are over drying your skin and therefore causing additional dryness and acne. With that being said, this has worked great on my skin (using it only once a week, sometimes twice). It makes my skin slightly red when first using, so i make sure not to apply any other treatments with using AHA+

on 4/16/2013 4:47:00 AM

This is an excellent product. If you want smooth, glowing skin then this is for you! I use it every night mixed (50/50) with my normal moisturizer. Mixing is recommended if you plan on using product daily, as it prevents/minimizes irritation and stinging. Within' the first 2 weeks, you may notice an increase in whiteheads - but this is a normal response! Your skin needs time to adjust - purging is likely to happen. Give this product some time (1-2 months), and you will not regret it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the same issue with this as a lot of people.... I really wanted to fade dark spots and acne scars and this worked for like 5 days... I think this product is a double edged sword.. I had a cystic hormonal pimp pop up and I started putting the AHA on it right away and it really went down over 3 days... but now there is this dark circle way bigger than the pimple right there for a month now that i cant get to go away. Its almost worst than a popping scar. WTH? I was also putting it on the side of my face and then got two angry cystic pimples for no reason and thats totally uncommon for me... not giving up on aha but this formulation isnt for everyones skin clearly...

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Sorry but this did nothing for me. If anything it has caused more breakouts and has made my pores look much bigger :/ The only reason I'm not giving it a 1 star is that it didnt burn and it did make my skin softer.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use this product in combination with the Pro-Activ Benzoyl Peroxide repair lotion and Purpose gentle cleanser, and have SUBSTANTIALLY reduced my pimples to one or two I randomly get on my face. (the BP I'm sure does not have to be Pro-Activ, but it was sitting in my cabinet when I incorporated a BP product into my regimen).
The product lasts forever (I've been using it since December 2011), has a moisturizing consistency that provides enough moisture for me in my humid, South Texas environment without becoming greasy and is still effective. The lotion can be mildly irritating (you are quite literally putting an acid on your face so I feel like that's to be expected) but the lichochalcone ingredient (licorice extract) helps calm the redness so the redness, if any, is brief. I have experienced a large reduction in whiteheads and blackheads on my face, and contribute a lot of that to the exfoliating effect in this lotion. My skin tone is even, and it is nice to finally get compliments on it (even with the occasional pimple).
I am only 21, so I cannot speak for the wrinkle reduction ability this product has, but as it is a chemical exfoliant it is likely thinning out your skin (and consequently your wrinkles) versus actually treating your wrinkles. Wear sunblock during use of this product to make sure you are not exposing your skin to more UV damage.

on 6/17/2012 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is 10% glycolic in a moisturizing base and it has become my favorite.

I did a split face test using this on one side and Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream on the other. After a week of applying every other night, the Acne.org side was noticeably clearer. I also notices that upon application, they both stung initially, but the acne.org side calmed quickly (within 5 seconds or so) while the Alpha Hydrox side continued to sting for 15-20 minutes.

The price of this product is VERY reasonable. I paid $21/6oz including shipping, compared to Alpha Hydrox $11/2oz, so much cheaper. The next time I order it I will get the larger size $33/16oz w/shipping. I use this on my legs too so it will be good to have the larger size.

Since this does not dry/irritate my skin like Alpha Hydrox, so I am able to use it every night. No known clogging ingredients, and the licorice root definitely calms my skin. LOVE.