Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

4.5

on 6/16/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. great, effective aha+ product for a really good price (given the large amount u get). its not pretty (the packaging) but it works!! i actually like that they are not trying to sell u on trendy packaging or high end looking product but dont be fooled it is a great product with great ingredients. beautypedia even gives it highest rating and they are pretty tough. i looked REALLY hard for best aha for my hormonal, acne prone, beginning to age skin with the best ingredients for the best value and this is what i ended up with and am very pleased. is a bit strong if ur not used to aha's so u can mix it with another moisturizer in the beginning til ur skin can tolerate it but thats how all effective aha's are. great for moisturizing parts of my face that have acne, jawline, chin, etc but i use it all over face because of its anti aging/ exfoliating abilities. only thing is it is a little greasy so u have to let it dry but its not like clogging pores greasy (cuz it actually does the opposite and exfoliates skin) it just has to dry. I LOVE IT. its worth trying especially cuz they have 3 different sizes so u can get small one to try out.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff! However, it does sting at first so be prepared for that. I stopped the regimen but I still use the AHA because it's that good. It moisturizes very well and calms down my spots, and it's the perfect product to layer in my skincare routine. It has anti-aging benefits, too!

However, if you are pale you may want to use this at night only (if you use this during the day use only a small amount and high SPF, of course) because it makes the skin have a slight yellow tinge to it.

Highly recommended!

on 3/27/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using the acne.org regimen for a couple years now & purchased AHA+ recently & I love it! I use it at night, I mix it with the moisturizer & my face feels so soft! I got it to help get rid of my acne scars so I will do an update when I see results.

on 5/5/2013 12:32:00 PM

Pretty happy with my results.
I got the AHA after using acne.org products for 6 month. I mix it about half and half with the acne.org lotion. Than I put it on my face kind of like a mask at night, not rubbing it in all the way in. It stings for a few minutes but its absorbed by the morning. I do this about 3 or 4 times a week.
I DO NOT use this every night. Even mixing it its pretty strong for sensitive skin. Dan Kern had said using this with other acne products can cause reactions and I can believe it.

on 1/15/2013 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i really love this cream....it helps my scabs heal so much faster ...within a week they are ready to peel off and leaves my face like new....i love how it is so moisturizing and rejuvinating..i dont think i will ever be without it from now on

this has honestly saved my face i mix this with my neutrogena for sensitive skin every night and i wake up with the most beautiful baby soft and smooth skin. thank you Dan for this wonderful product! it also lightens up my post acne marks. Cant live without this take my moisturizer all my makeup my hair products but dont take this!!

on 12/31/2012 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my everyday night moisturizer. I was very wary of trying an AHA at first, but I really wanted to take the plunge and switch to a chemical exfoliant because my physical exfoliant was wrecking my super sensitive skin. Since my skin is so reactive, I try to use as few products as possible in my routine. I am very happy that I can get both my PM moisturizer and my AHA in one product with this.

Before I started using this lotion, I had lots of flesh-colored bumps/clogged pores on my forehead. After about 3 weeks of using this product, I noticed that my skin had an improved clarity and texture in all areas *except* for my forehead but I also noticed that I had an increase in whiteheads and I believed this lotion might be the culprit.

I wasn't totally ready to give up on this product since it was a good exfoliant for me but I still needed to fix the clogged pores on my forehead and resolve the whitehead problem. Given my skin's history, I was nervous to combine this with a BHA, but I was feeling bold and I knew BHA's were better for clogs than AHA's. As it turns out, I tolerated the combination of the two exceptionally well. When I use this *in conjunction* with a BHA on a nightly basis, I rarely ever get whiteheads, my skin is well-exfoliated, and the clogged pores on my forehead are a thing of the past. For some reason, this product didn't really agree with me *until* I started using it with a BHA every time.

Also, on a side note: I found that this lotion does a fantastic job of brightening up my tattoo during the winter when dry skin makes it look a bit cloudy. (Although AHA increases sun sensitivity, and sun exposure is especially bad for tattoos. I do *not* expose my tattoo to the sun at all if it has been recently treated with AHA -- I just like to keep it looking bright for my own enjoyment at home!)

on 3/26/2012 11:45:00 AM

I don't know what it was about this product that I just could not use it. I know people said it stings a bit when applying but my face literally was burning. I dealt with it and it stopped after a little but I would wake up greasy and oily. I didn't apply a lot, I applied about a pea sized amount to my whole face. I couldn't use it any longer than a few days. It was making me way too greasy and wasn't worth the burning feeling.

This product has made the difference for me from constant breakouts to silky smooth skin. I am just sorry that I did not discover AHA+ when I was in my teens and going through the worst of my acne.
My experience with this product went like this: by day 2 I had noticeably smoother skin (less blackheads). After 1 and a half weeks my skin started purging- not pimples exactly but little whiteheads on my chin and forehead. These cleared up almost as soon as they came. I guess the AHA was just getting rid of all of the gunk that was already in my pores. This lasted only a few days and I havent looked back since. I have been using it for over six months, and these have been the best six months I have ever had in terms of my skin. I can not rave about this product enough. I will continue to repurchase for as long as I live!!

on 1/7/2012 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Love it love it love it. I use it more often than usually recommended- nearly daily before bed. It has cleared up my blackhead-ridden nose almost completely, and stops a breakout in its tracks. My normally red, splotchy skin evens out quite a bit when I'm religious about using it. The smell is okay and the packaging is a bit meh, but I wouldn't give it up for anything!

Edited to say that I JUST bought my second tube, after having used it for at least a year. You absolutely can't beat the price.