Acne.org AHA+

Acne.org AHA+
AHA+

4.1

on 3/20/2017 9:16:00 AM

I started getting acne in my teenage years. Tried a lot of products to clear my acne and acne scars from the Black African soap to Kojie-san lighting soap to derma roller etc. Before I come across this product I bought myself the Benzac 2.5% Benyoyl Peroxide which is similar to this. It works a miracle and then I met this product through youtube. Decided to try it as I find it more secure to use the same brand product range for better results.

I bought the kit that comes with the pump cleanser, tube treatment (2.5% benzoyl peroxide) and pump moisturiser. I also purchased the AHA+ to help with my old acne scars.

Another awesome product from the Acne.org range! Added this into my shopping cart together with the Kit because my intention was to clear the ance and scars. I have medium-fair and had those brown acne scars. One thing about this product is it softens the scars and make your face so smooth the next day you wake up. It does lighten my scars a little however it still is visible. Also, IT TAKES TIME. Patience is needed especially when you are treating scars. Do not give up! Really love this product. If you happen to buy the kit, do add this too because this is the one that makes you feel satisfied with your skin. Thumbs up!

As I mentioned, I bought the kit therefore I will review the other products separately. Cheers!

on 12/9/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is the 3rd AHA product I've tried and... I'm not really impressed. But then again, I've never been impressed with any BHA (salicylic acid) product I've used either. It takes a lot to make me a raving happy customer.

My skin: oily, acne-prone with I'm menstruating.

I bought this over the other one I've been using (made by Alpha Hydrox) b/c this is proudly vegan & made without animal testing. Got the 6 oz tube and it comes in what I guess is a 12 oz tube, so it was filled up only halfway. There's really no need for such a huge tube; it's clumsily big, more suitable for body lotion rather than something for your face.

on 5/26/2016 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

******** Edited August 18th 2016:
I don't use this product anymore. It was just too strong for my skin. This doesn't change the fact that this is still a good AHA that I would recommend for some skin type.
----

FYI: I don't follow the Acne.org Regimen/This review is based on the Acne.org AHA+ alone.

You definitely get a lot of product for the price, so it will last for a while! I actually buy the travel-sized AHA+ instead of the tube because I can't finish the tube before the expiration date. The travel-sized AHA+ last for a while too!

I use it when needed depending on my skin since it is a strong exfoliant. If I exfoliate everyday my skin would turn red, shiny and be really irritated. What I usually do is apply a pea sized amount of AHA+ at night. My skin looks smooth and glowing the next day.

Even if a BHA is usually recommended for acne-prone skin, I find that an AHA works better for me. In particularly this AHA, since it's moisturizing and calming at the same time. It helps with clogged pores, red marks and active acne. It did sting a bit when I first used it, now it doesn't. Also it might be too heavy for very oily skin.

For the tube AHA+: The only con for me is the packaging, like someone mentioned it in their review: 'the product constantly cakes up around the tube opening'. I always have to clean it before using the product.

on 2/4/2014 3:23:00 PM

Used it with Dan's Regimen once a day, only at night. I mix it with moisturizer, half and half. This is amazeballs. Seriously

on 7/26/2013 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

i really love this stuff. it makes my skin unbelievably soft. yes it stings a tiny bit and yes it's stinky and thus i took off one lippie but one must understand - that's the nature of apha hydroxy ACID. i love that there is licorice extract added in for extra soothing effect. Daniel Kern is a genius. this stuff is great! i like that the hole that you squeeze it out of is so tiny so you don't get a ton out at once. i just wish the packaging was a little smaller so one bottle wouldn't last me 2 years! and also it's pretty pricey. i am now on my second bottle! i use it only at night because it's too greasy to use in the daytime.

on 12/11/2012 1:48:00 AM

I love AHA+! I use it as a moisturizer day and night, which might not be the best idea but seeing as I don't get much sunlight due to being a student who studies away most of the sunlight hours, I think I can get away without worrying too much about sun sensitivity.
I've had acne-prone skin since my teenage years, maybe because of using the wrong products. It's now starting to clear up with a combination of skin care routine and product changes! Now I usually get hormonal breakouts or random breakouts when I'm stressed. I really thing AHA+ has helped a lot with keeping pimples at bay, lightening some scarring, helped the texture of my skin become a lot smoother, maybe helped pore size a bit, and moisturizes. It tends to make me a little oilier than I am without it but so do other moisturizers so I guess I can't really get away from that.
I use Liquid Neutrogena cleanser and moisturize, I actually stopped using salicylic acid products which I used to swear by because AHA+ takes care of those needs!
Overall, I really like AHA+ but wish it was cheaper for this poor college student! Also wish I could purchase Acne.org products at drugstores :( shipping is expensive!

on 5/1/2011 10:03:00 PM

really like this product. I have used it for almost 3 weeks, and i can see already a change in my skin. Looks more rested, glowing, even. Once you start using it you wont sleep without it. Comes in a very decent size, not too expensive and also helps with breakouts!! even better!
I combine this lotion with my acne.org gel treatment, and gives me good results so far. So far, so good. Recommend it!

update: totally in love with this product, my skin looks younger, even, glowing, rested, scars are also fading really fast! doesnt dry my skin and even improves the clarity.
Try it, you wont regret..

on 1/21/2011 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I've used this product for 6 months now and it does a great job at minimizing my acne. I use it daily with Acne.org's Treatment. Together, they're the most effective products I've found thus far for controlling acne and I've already recommended them to many of my friends.

Pro:
-Doesn't dry out my skin, and surprisingly provides sufficient moisture
-Cheap
-Very effective

Con:
-Felt stinging sensation when I first started using the product

on 12/31/2010 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

LOVE LOVE LOVE this product. I have very dry skin with large pores, and this stuff makes my skin look smoother, clearer and more even. My skin glows whenever I use this.

My only real complaint is that I can't wear it under make-up, it balls up whenever I try to put foundation on over it.

on 8/1/2010 10:04:00 PM

THE BEST PRODUCT FOR ACNE PRONE SKIN! This is a must have if you are going to be using Benzoyl Peroxide!!! I have sensitive skin which reacts to BP outrageously to the point where I get patchy alligator skin around my mouth and eyes. Especially when putting foundation on (even the moisturizing ones) the flakes are soo visible which usually makes me stop using BP since I have to be in public everyday for work or school. I use this AHA once a day, every day and it works incredibly well for removing flakes. Not only that but it also helps reduce acne. It DOES STING for the first five minutes but nothing that I can't handle. If you're going to be using any super drying products on your skin, I highly recommend buying this. And the price is pretty cheap and you get LOTS of it! But I will say that it does not remove your acne entirely...and it doesn't claim to either. For me, this is the best exfoliant I have ever used. Not really a moisturizer but definitely not harsh on your skin either...other than the stinging right after you put it on. BUT definitely buy and try it at least once...worth giving it a chance which I cannot say for most other products I've tried. Great for sensitive skin too.

UPDATE: I did not like it so much over time especially because benzoyl peroxide irritates my skin and does not do much for acne at all, the AHA also didn't seem to do anything long term and also noticed that little tiny bumps would purge randomly during the month. I've found other products to battle with my acneprone skin. Now i use Kanebo Sensai skin care line along with glycolic products.