Acne.org AHA+

Acne.org AHA+
AHA+

4.3

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I got the Acne.org regimen and added this after playing around with the regimen for 3 months and thinking I needed something to deal with the ice pick texture and the post-acne pigmentation. Prior to this, I had never really had any other AHA so I didn't know what to expect. Even though I don't have sensitive skin, it definitely tingles, especially after I've already exfoliated (either with other chemical toners) or with dermaplaning, which doesn't mean that the product is bad necessarily, I recognize that I am exfoliating a lot more than perhaps recommended. Anyways, I don't use this all over, just as a spot treatment moisturizer...if that makes sense. I can't use the Acne.org moisturizer during the day because it pills up like crazy, even without any makeup. Instead I use this, but please not that it is not advised since it is a chemical exfoliate and makes you more sun-sensitive. To compensate for this, I reapply sunscreen every 3-4 hours and use a sun umbrella if I go outside even just for a few minutes.
Anyways, back to the product...it applies light yellow, like the Acne.org moisturizer but dries clear. It has a little bit of sheen but nothing that a dab of powder can't handle. I do like how it seems to dry out my whiteheads faster and encourages skin cell turnover. It is still a slow process, so I have seen just a bit of progress on the ice pick scars but I'm hopeful!
Keep at it and maybe don't use it exactly like I do, but it works.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this bad boy for 5 years already so here are my thoughts

Pros:
-effective for PIH (hyperpigmentation these are the dark spots on your face. more common on dark skinned people)
-somehow effective for fine lines
-makes your skin smoooothhhh like a baby's bum bum
-good for ice pick scars (when used continuously)
-somehow good for whiteheads
- has licorice extract to calm acne prone skin

Cons:
-not effective on PIE (aka acne marks or broken capillaries. more common on fair skinned people)
-makes your skin sensitive to the sun
-too greasy for oily skinned peeps
-leaves a slightly yellow cast
-could cause zits from time to time

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE....as with all of Dan's products, this has been absolutely amazing. I use this every morning and then moisturize. My skin stays blemish free and my skin tone is starting to look ten times better. Also my skin in so, so soft!

on 10/24/2013 7:51:00 PM

Broke me out where I never get break out before. My forehead and cheeks to be specific. No thanks I would not buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff. I'm almost three months into Dan's regimen and my skin has improved a lot. While my skin is still a little bit dry, the AHA+ actually does a lot to help my skin moisturize. I know a lot of people use this alone as moisturizer, but my skin reacts badly to that much AHA+ and I'll start breaking out. The first time I used AHA+, I decided I would use it a couple times a week as a moisturizer. After breaking out, I stopped using it.

However, as soon as my skin got really dry and I switched my moisturizer to the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, I started to put half Cetaphil, half of this AHA+ on my face every night. Since then, my redness has went down, my skintone is more toned, my face feels smoother, and my acne marks are fading. I love this stuff! I will never not use this again. I use it every night and not in the morning due to the fact that I don't wear SPF lotions to protect me from the sun since SPF lotions always break me out (still looking for one!) I've never used something that faded my acne marks so quickly. I stopped having to use concealer because my foundation is enough to cover my marks because the lightened that quickly. I know people don't like the smell of this, but I don't really mind it. And although it does sting and make your face feel itchy the first time you use it, you do get more used to it with prolonged use.

I strongly recommend this for anyone who has acne because it's helped me wonder. Whether you are or you're not on the acne.org regimen, this AHA+ comes at a good price and there's nothing but good results that can come with it.

on 7/31/2013 1:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Keeps my shoulders break-out free and silky smooth all year long!!!! Excellent used as a spot treatment when layered with Benzoyl Peroxide for those really pesky blemishes.

on 6/29/2013 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I did not allow enough time to have The Regimen to work for me. I had tried to follow all the required steps last winter and it turned my skin into a dry rough mess and felt my cystic chin acne was more tolerable than having parched horribly old looking skin which I could not effectively cover with makeup.
Three positives came out of my brief experience with The Regimen; I learned to love my less than perfect skin as it could be much worse (as it was on The Regimen); I learned the benefits of mixing jojoba oil into my moisturizer in winter; I now have a huge tube of super effective AHA!
This AHA is great. Before picking this up, I was a loyal fan of Neutrogina's Healthy Skin AHA with Spf 15. Scratch that, I was a fan of the previous version of the lotion before they went and stuck SPF in it. The old lotion transformed my skin at a time and while I still enjoy the new version, it simply is not the same. Acne.org's AHA is wonderful, it works and it is not horribly painful on the wallet give the amount you get. I simply mix equal amounts of the AHA with my moisturizer at night and love what it has done to my skin, it is similar to the effect I used to get with Neutrogina's older formula. I also find if a cystic pimple shows up, I can slather on a dollop of the AHA on it at night and by morning the pimple has reduced significantly. I will continue to buy my AHA from Acne.org from now on.

Throughout my teen years i always had pretty good skin, never had to deal with breakouts or anything besides the occasional pimple here and there. Unfortunately when i turned 20 i had about a 6 month period where i broke out horribly and nothing i did would keep them from coming. I tried everything from all natural routes like applying crushed asprin, to mario badescu products, retin-a, drugstore crap, NOTHING WORKED and all my meddling and picking and popping as a desperate attempt to get rid of them left me with scars.

I came across acne.org online and read about the products, super desperate i shelled out 60-70bucks (forgot how much exactly) for the trio (face wash, treatment, aha lotion). These products saved my face. They were the ONLY thing that worked for me and they have lasted incredibly long. I no longer have acne nor any scars thanks to the aha lotion which helps to even out the skin tone and clear up scars. To add to that, i have really fair skin so i thought i was going to be fucked for life with visible acne scars. I still use the aha lotion here and there whenever i get a few pimples and by the time i wake up they're usually significantly smaller and gone within a week.

on 5/24/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like this product, when you first apply it to your skin you get that sting but it is only for a few seconds and this gives me that nice glowly look on my skin.

I like to mix this with a little bit of moisturizer at night and apply it to my skin at night and it gives me a very nice glow the next morning. However, it does not get rid of the scars it seems to prevent acne...

If I a pimple starts to form and puss is starting to come out from it I would use this at night and it would make the pimple dry up and flake off in about 3 days. I would purchase this since it is so cheap and affordable and it works compared to other products that I put on my skin.

on 5/10/2013 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The price is unbeatable for such a quality product. I'm really impressed -- and grateful!

I use this on my face 2-3 nights each week (after finishing a month-long stint doing the same with a 5% AHA by Derma E -- remember you want to build up slowly so your skin can adjust!) and my skin is glowy and much more even-toned.

WEAR SUNSCREEN DAILY esp. when using this product, since AHAs make skin more sensitive to the sun's rays.

I also use this moisturizer on my arms to help treat Keratosis Pilaris. I see an improvement, but I'll have to update later on...

Next time, I'm getting the bigger size bottle w/ a pump!