Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

4.2

on 7/30/2017 8:50:00 PM

In my opinion this is an extremely good deal on a high quality AHA. The price per ounce almost cannot be beat and the ingredient quality is very good.

Depending on your skin, this AHA is strong enough to keep your face nicely exfoliated and gentle enough to use several times per week.

(Always be sure to use proper sunscreen protection when using facial exfoliants.)

Highly recommend this brand. I've used several of their products for years and there has been no decline in quality over time or sly product reformations (*knocks on wood*).

on 12/9/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is the 3rd AHA product I've tried and... I'm not really impressed. But then again, I've never been impressed with any BHA (salicylic acid) product I've used either. It takes a lot to make me a raving happy customer.

My skin: oily, acne-prone with I'm menstruating.

I bought this over the other one I've been using (made by Alpha Hydrox) b/c this is proudly vegan & made without animal testing. Got the 6 oz tube and it comes in what I guess is a 12 oz tube, so it was filled up only halfway. There's really no need for such a huge tube; it's clumsily big, more suitable for body lotion rather than something for your face.

on 5/26/2016 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

******** Edited August 18th 2016:
I don't use this product anymore. It was just too strong for my skin. This doesn't change the fact that this is still a good AHA that I would recommend for some skin type.
----

FYI: I don't follow the Acne.org Regimen/This review is based on the Acne.org AHA+ alone.

You definitely get a lot of product for the price, so it will last for a while! I actually buy the travel-sized AHA+ instead of the tube because I can't finish the tube before the expiration date. The travel-sized AHA+ last for a while too!

I use it when needed depending on my skin since it is a strong exfoliant. If I exfoliate everyday my skin would turn red, shiny and be really irritated. What I usually do is apply a pea sized amount of AHA+ at night. My skin looks smooth and glowing the next day.

Even if a BHA is usually recommended for acne-prone skin, I find that an AHA works better for me. In particularly this AHA, since it's moisturizing and calming at the same time. It helps with clogged pores, red marks and active acne. It did sting a bit when I first used it, now it doesn't. Also it might be too heavy for very oily skin.

For the tube AHA+: The only con for me is the packaging, like someone mentioned it in their review: 'the product constantly cakes up around the tube opening'. I always have to clean it before using the product.

on 10/2/2014 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great stuff! I use it daily, and its still gentle enough, yet does the job. I have horribly oily and acne-prone skin, and together with their treatment, this really does the job. Great formulation, also contains some squalene (one of the best moisturizers, IMO). It's only slightly annoyance is that the product constantly cakes up around the tube opening, better packaging would be nice :)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff! However, it does sting at first so be prepared for that. I stopped the regimen but I still use the AHA because it's that good. It moisturizes very well and calms down my spots, and it's the perfect product to layer in my skincare routine. It has anti-aging benefits, too!

However, if you are pale you may want to use this at night only (if you use this during the day use only a small amount and high SPF, of course) because it makes the skin have a slight yellow tinge to it.

Highly recommended!

on 7/26/2013 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

i really love this stuff. it makes my skin unbelievably soft. yes it stings a tiny bit and yes it's stinky and thus i took off one lippie but one must understand - that's the nature of apha hydroxy ACID. i love that there is licorice extract added in for extra soothing effect. Daniel Kern is a genius. this stuff is great! i like that the hole that you squeeze it out of is so tiny so you don't get a ton out at once. i just wish the packaging was a little smaller so one bottle wouldn't last me 2 years! and also it's pretty pricey. i am now on my second bottle! i use it only at night because it's too greasy to use in the daytime.

on 5/24/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like this product, when you first apply it to your skin you get that sting but it is only for a few seconds and this gives me that nice glowly look on my skin.

I like to mix this with a little bit of moisturizer at night and apply it to my skin at night and it gives me a very nice glow the next morning. However, it does not get rid of the scars it seems to prevent acne...

If I a pimple starts to form and puss is starting to come out from it I would use this at night and it would make the pimple dry up and flake off in about 3 days. I would purchase this since it is so cheap and affordable and it works compared to other products that I put on my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only had this for a week now, but I'm amazed to have found a quality product with 10% AHA at such a good price ($15).

I'm doing laser hair removal on my legs and the technicians recommend using a body wash with glycolic acid to exfoliate, so I've been using this mixed with lotion on my legs once a day.

I purchased this mostly because of scarring on my cheeks, hoping it would improve the discoloration and texture. I tried using this on my cheeks each night after the BP for about two weeks and the only thing I noticed was a lot of shedding and somewhat dry skin. Perhaps I'm not using it right?

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I use this product in combination with the Pro-Activ Benzoyl Peroxide repair lotion and Purpose gentle cleanser, and have SUBSTANTIALLY reduced my pimples to one or two I randomly get on my face. (the BP I'm sure does not have to be Pro-Activ, but it was sitting in my cabinet when I incorporated a BP product into my regimen).
The product lasts forever (I've been using it since December 2011), has a moisturizing consistency that provides enough moisture for me in my humid, South Texas environment without becoming greasy and is still effective. The lotion can be mildly irritating (you are quite literally putting an acid on your face so I feel like that's to be expected) but the lichochalcone ingredient (licorice extract) helps calm the redness so the redness, if any, is brief. I have experienced a large reduction in whiteheads and blackheads on my face, and contribute a lot of that to the exfoliating effect in this lotion. My skin tone is even, and it is nice to finally get compliments on it (even with the occasional pimple).
I am only 21, so I cannot speak for the wrinkle reduction ability this product has, but as it is a chemical exfoliant it is likely thinning out your skin (and consequently your wrinkles) versus actually treating your wrinkles. Wear sunblock during use of this product to make sure you are not exposing your skin to more UV damage.

on 8/8/2011 4:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I'm on the fence w/ this one. On the one hand it really does leave my skin smoother and has definitely cleared up some of the blackheads on my nose and cheeks. It also speeds up the healing time of leftover breakouts. However....I think it's contributing to a few whiteheads that have been appearing on my face. I was denying this for a long time b/c I really wanted this to be a perfect product for me. But after reading other user's comments it's like a lightbulb turning on. I'm not using any other new products, so it must be this. The other thing I'm not thrilled about, is that this has been making my skin soooo oily and shiny looking. There's no way I'd wear this outside, so I've been using this at night and when I'm just lounging at home. Bottom line - it's a great product for certain problems and I won't discontinue using it unless I find something better. b/c really, they're annoying, but who really notices the whiteheads besides you in the magnifying mirror :)