Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

on 7/30/2017 8:50:00 PM

In my opinion this is an extremely good deal on a high quality AHA. The price per ounce almost cannot be beat and the ingredient quality is very good.

Depending on your skin, this AHA is strong enough to keep your face nicely exfoliated and gentle enough to use several times per week.

(Always be sure to use proper sunscreen protection when using facial exfoliants.)

Highly recommend this brand. I've used several of their products for years and there has been no decline in quality over time or sly product reformations (*knocks on wood*).

on 3/20/2017 9:16:00 AM

I started getting acne in my teenage years. Tried a lot of products to clear my acne and acne scars from the Black African soap to Kojie-san lighting soap to derma roller etc. Before I come across this product I bought myself the Benzac 2.5% Benyoyl Peroxide which is similar to this. It works a miracle and then I met this product through youtube. Decided to try it as I find it more secure to use the same brand product range for better results.

I bought the kit that comes with the pump cleanser, tube treatment (2.5% benzoyl peroxide) and pump moisturiser. I also purchased the AHA+ to help with my old acne scars.

Another awesome product from the Acne.org range! Added this into my shopping cart together with the Kit because my intention was to clear the ance and scars. I have medium-fair and had those brown acne scars. One thing about this product is it softens the scars and make your face so smooth the next day you wake up. It does lighten my scars a little however it still is visible. Also, IT TAKES TIME. Patience is needed especially when you are treating scars. Do not give up! Really love this product. If you happen to buy the kit, do add this too because this is the one that makes you feel satisfied with your skin. Thumbs up!

As I mentioned, I bought the kit therefore I will review the other products separately. Cheers!

on 11/20/2016 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know that you are not supposed to, but I'm using this as a moisturizer and it works great. My skin is oily and not too sensitive and seems to be responding well to it. I bought the 6 oz tube and it's going to last me forever, considering how little I use after washing my face in the evening. It's not greasy, has not clogged my pores and it makes my face very, very soft, so soft that my boyfriend actually mentioned it when he was touching my cheek the other day. It has not done much for my pimples, but to be fair, not much that isn't prescribed for me does. My pores and blackheads are slightly smaller and my skin tone looks great when I use this, though! Since I live in Sweden, the price is about 30 dollars inclusive the shipping but I think it's so worth it since it will last me for a long time. I hope that I will be able to use it up before it expires!

I love this product. When combined with acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide is it an acne fighting machine. I used Paula's Choice AHA for several months and saw zero improvement in acne and the texture of my skin, whereas 1 month of Tom's AHA has completely changed my skin. Unless you have a very mild case of acne, I highly recommend buying the BP along with the AHA. Highly recommend!

Reveals new younger looking skin. Stings a bit though and only can use a couple times per week. Packaging is messy and I hate that about it. Great aha though.

on 2/4/2014 3:23:00 PM

Used it with Dan's Regimen once a day, only at night. I mix it with moisturizer, half and half. This is amazeballs. Seriously

on 5/24/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I like this product, when you first apply it to your skin you get that sting but it is only for a few seconds and this gives me that nice glowly look on my skin.

I like to mix this with a little bit of moisturizer at night and apply it to my skin at night and it gives me a very nice glow the next morning. However, it does not get rid of the scars it seems to prevent acne...

If I a pimple starts to form and puss is starting to come out from it I would use this at night and it would make the pimple dry up and flake off in about 3 days. I would purchase this since it is so cheap and affordable and it works compared to other products that I put on my skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've only had this for a week now, but I'm amazed to have found a quality product with 10% AHA at such a good price ($15).

I'm doing laser hair removal on my legs and the technicians recommend using a body wash with glycolic acid to exfoliate, so I've been using this mixed with lotion on my legs once a day.

I purchased this mostly because of scarring on my cheeks, hoping it would improve the discoloration and texture. I tried using this on my cheeks each night after the BP for about two weeks and the only thing I noticed was a lot of shedding and somewhat dry skin. Perhaps I'm not using it right?

on 4/28/2013 1:17:00 PM

I had this since last year and I really wished it would work well for me but it hasn't. I don't think it takes this long for my skin to purge.

I use it almost every other night, sometimes every night.

I noticed that it does not alleviate my acne situation. Note: I do not have severe acne but just some on my forehead and occasional ones on the cheek or one on the chin. It does not help my forehead when I apply this product. I wake up to a forehead that looks slightly more clogged than not using this product.

Please be careful when using this product frequently. I think because of the aha it dries out your skin more quickly hence could cause dryness and possible forehead winkles

I have not noticed it helping with my pore size though it does not claim to do this. I thought maybe the aha would help.
I think the product does help in renewing your skin in terms of exfoliation.

I have used it to spot treat but it did not help with reducing the inflammation.

Tip Note: what really works now is this for spot treating....get a lemon, slice it up and add it to a litre of water. Drink one warm cup every morning when you wake up. Also, very useful, use a qtip and soak it up with some of that lemon water and spot treat generously before going to bed. You will see immediate results the next day! less redness and the size will go down significantly! (make sure you keep the lemon water in the fridge. I find lemon water that has sat for a few days is great for this).

The size and packaging of this product is great. I wish it would have worked for me because the description and the concept was what I was seeking. I will continue to use it for gentle exfoliation over the skin (not forehead).
if you suffer from bumps on the back of your arms, maybe give this a try at night. I have used this after exfoliating in the shower. It seems to help. However, I am testing out am-lactin 12% aha and this seems to work even better (will review this product later).

on 4/14/2013 4:51:00 PM

I bought this product based on the good reviews here, but unfortunately it didnt work for me. Used it for 3 days and had the worst cystic breakout flare ever! :O Maybe it is a purging state,however my skin is such a wreck right now. Week later and it still didnt clear up:(
EDIT: I recently started using this again , and have to say it's pretty good and it doesn't break me out at all as long as I apply it on a properly cleansed skin (I have a new skincare routine which helps to keep my skin pretty pimple-free : I use cleansing oil to remove my makeup, then follow with a gentle cleanser, and apply 0.2 salycilic acid toner. Finish up with my Cerave cream mixed with the acne.org treatment. I noticed with the constant use of this treatment, my skin is softer, the red acne spots and discolourations are fading and the tone is evening out. HIghly recommended