Acne.org AHA+

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Acne.org AHA+
AHA+

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I got the Acne.org regimen and added this after playing around with the regimen for 3 months and thinking I needed something to deal with the ice pick texture and the post-acne pigmentation. Prior to this, I had never really had any other AHA so I didn't know what to expect. Even though I don't have sensitive skin, it definitely tingles, especially after I've already exfoliated (either with other chemical toners) or with dermaplaning, which doesn't mean that the product is bad necessarily, I recognize that I am exfoliating a lot more than perhaps recommended. Anyways, I don't use this all over, just as a spot treatment moisturizer...if that makes sense. I can't use the Acne.org moisturizer during the day because it pills up like crazy, even without any makeup. Instead I use this, but please not that it is not advised since it is a chemical exfoliate and makes you more sun-sensitive. To compensate for this, I reapply sunscreen every 3-4 hours and use a sun umbrella if I go outside even just for a few minutes.
Anyways, back to the product...it applies light yellow, like the Acne.org moisturizer but dries clear. It has a little bit of sheen but nothing that a dab of powder can't handle. I do like how it seems to dry out my whiteheads faster and encourages skin cell turnover. It is still a slow process, so I have seen just a bit of progress on the ice pick scars but I'm hopeful!
Keep at it and maybe don't use it exactly like I do, but it works.

on 10/24/2013 7:51:00 PM

Broke me out where I never get break out before. My forehead and cheeks to be specific. No thanks I would not buy this again.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I love this stuff. I'm almost three months into Dan's regimen and my skin has improved a lot. While my skin is still a little bit dry, the AHA+ actually does a lot to help my skin moisturize. I know a lot of people use this alone as moisturizer, but my skin reacts badly to that much AHA+ and I'll start breaking out. The first time I used AHA+, I decided I would use it a couple times a week as a moisturizer. After breaking out, I stopped using it.

However, as soon as my skin got really dry and I switched my moisturizer to the Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream, I started to put half Cetaphil, half of this AHA+ on my face every night. Since then, my redness has went down, my skintone is more toned, my face feels smoother, and my acne marks are fading. I love this stuff! I will never not use this again. I use it every night and not in the morning due to the fact that I don't wear SPF lotions to protect me from the sun since SPF lotions always break me out (still looking for one!) I've never used something that faded my acne marks so quickly. I stopped having to use concealer because my foundation is enough to cover my marks because the lightened that quickly. I know people don't like the smell of this, but I don't really mind it. And although it does sting and make your face feel itchy the first time you use it, you do get more used to it with prolonged use.

I strongly recommend this for anyone who has acne because it's helped me wonder. Whether you are or you're not on the acne.org regimen, this AHA+ comes at a good price and there's nothing but good results that can come with it.

on 4/28/2013 1:17:00 PM

I had this since last year and I really wished it would work well for me but it hasn't. I don't think it takes this long for my skin to purge.

I use it almost every other night, sometimes every night.

I noticed that it does not alleviate my acne situation. Note: I do not have severe acne but just some on my forehead and occasional ones on the cheek or one on the chin. It does not help my forehead when I apply this product. I wake up to a forehead that looks slightly more clogged than not using this product.

Please be careful when using this product frequently. I think because of the aha it dries out your skin more quickly hence could cause dryness and possible forehead winkles

I have not noticed it helping with my pore size though it does not claim to do this. I thought maybe the aha would help.
I think the product does help in renewing your skin in terms of exfoliation.

I have used it to spot treat but it did not help with reducing the inflammation.

Tip Note: what really works now is this for spot treating....get a lemon, slice it up and add it to a litre of water. Drink one warm cup every morning when you wake up. Also, very useful, use a qtip and soak it up with some of that lemon water and spot treat generously before going to bed. You will see immediate results the next day! less redness and the size will go down significantly! (make sure you keep the lemon water in the fridge. I find lemon water that has sat for a few days is great for this).

The size and packaging of this product is great. I wish it would have worked for me because the description and the concept was what I was seeking. I will continue to use it for gentle exfoliation over the skin (not forehead).
if you suffer from bumps on the back of your arms, maybe give this a try at night. I have used this after exfoliating in the shower. It seems to help. However, I am testing out am-lactin 12% aha and this seems to work even better (will review this product later).

on 4/16/2013 4:47:00 AM

This is an excellent product. If you want smooth, glowing skin then this is for you! I use it every night mixed (50/50) with my normal moisturizer. Mixing is recommended if you plan on using product daily, as it prevents/minimizes irritation and stinging. Within' the first 2 weeks, you may notice an increase in whiteheads - but this is a normal response! Your skin needs time to adjust - purging is likely to happen. Give this product some time (1-2 months), and you will not regret it.

on 1/18/2013 2:05:00 PM

Right now this product is not working for me, sorry to say :( I got it for use on my chest and have used it for two weeks. I got HORRIBLE breakouts on chest and back compared to usual. I used it every night. And in two days of stopping using it they got better. I will see if I can use it every other day and if that will help but for right now HUGE disspointment and thumbs down

on 1/15/2013 10:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i really love this cream....it helps my scabs heal so much faster ...within a week they are ready to peel off and leaves my face like new....i love how it is so moisturizing and rejuvinating..i dont think i will ever be without it from now on

this has honestly saved my face i mix this with my neutrogena for sensitive skin every night and i wake up with the most beautiful baby soft and smooth skin. thank you Dan for this wonderful product! it also lightens up my post acne marks. Cant live without this take my moisturizer all my makeup my hair products but dont take this!!

on 12/11/2012 1:48:00 AM

I love AHA+! I use it as a moisturizer day and night, which might not be the best idea but seeing as I don't get much sunlight due to being a student who studies away most of the sunlight hours, I think I can get away without worrying too much about sun sensitivity.
I've had acne-prone skin since my teenage years, maybe because of using the wrong products. It's now starting to clear up with a combination of skin care routine and product changes! Now I usually get hormonal breakouts or random breakouts when I'm stressed. I really thing AHA+ has helped a lot with keeping pimples at bay, lightening some scarring, helped the texture of my skin become a lot smoother, maybe helped pore size a bit, and moisturizes. It tends to make me a little oilier than I am without it but so do other moisturizers so I guess I can't really get away from that.
I use Liquid Neutrogena cleanser and moisturize, I actually stopped using salicylic acid products which I used to swear by because AHA+ takes care of those needs!
Overall, I really like AHA+ but wish it was cheaper for this poor college student! Also wish I could purchase Acne.org products at drugstores :( shipping is expensive!

on 2/27/2012 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product is wonderful by itself or combined with the benzoyl peroxide. If you combine it with the bp, you will seriously nuke your acne. I only use this intermittently, but it always delivers fantastic results. If you have any raw areas on your face (or fingers), it will sting for a moment but will subside. You can also use it even if you have dry places due to the licorice (Licochalcone), which soothes.