Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

4.9

on 2/4/2014 3:23:00 PM

Used it with Dan's Regimen once a day, only at night. I mix it with moisturizer, half and half. This is amazeballs. Seriously

on 1/7/2012 3:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Love it love it love it. I use it more often than usually recommended- nearly daily before bed. It has cleared up my blackhead-ridden nose almost completely, and stops a breakout in its tracks. My normally red, splotchy skin evens out quite a bit when I'm religious about using it. The smell is okay and the packaging is a bit meh, but I wouldn't give it up for anything!

Edited to say that I JUST bought my second tube, after having used it for at least a year. You absolutely can't beat the price.

on 8/15/2011 7:18:00 PM

Have been using this for a just a few days and am thrilled with the results. I had been using Alpha Hydrox 10%, but found that it stung my face upon application. This AHA does not cause that stinging feeling. My face looks smoother with smaller pores.

on 2/27/2011 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is freaking fantastic. I still battle acne in my mid thirties, and most of the drying-type products are just too harsh for my skin these days. This treatment, along with a benzoyl peroxide facial wash, has reduced my acne dramatically. It also speeds skin turnover so my skin looks younger and fresher than it has in a long time, and it seems to be evening out my skin tone and fading scars slowly over time. It's surprisingly gentle, compared to many of the acne products I've tried, and it makes a good moisturizer. I do find I can wear this under a mineral makeup without problems. I've been using this everyday for about a month, and I'm sold. I don't ever want to be without it again.

on 2/14/2009 2:22:00 AM

After assembling all the products that have been successful at treating my very infrequent (but severe) breakouts, I noticed that almost all of them contained glycolic acid. Glycolic acid is the main active ingredient in this AHA product by Acne.org. I am a 27 year old and cannot deal with all the drying that comes with more traditional treatments like benzoyl peroxide, retin-a and salicylic acid. THIS PRODUCT IS AMAZING. Not only does it make my skin softer...it makes it positively glow. I have not had a breakout since I have started using it (3 months) and it even has faded some sunspots and refined some of my small wrinkles. I have been able to stop using the ProActiv toner that I have been using for years (I only ever buy the toner, because it has glycolic acid and which runs about $20 per 2 months) and this only cost $16, it's been 3 months and I am not halfway done with the tube. Speaking of the tube...I wish it was in a pump, because the cap gets really nasty with product seepage and build-up, but that is hardly anything to worry about since it is such an amazing product. I wear it every night as my PM moisturizer. It does not dry me out at all. I love it.

on 10/11/2008 7:25:00 PM

This product has been great at evening out my skin tone. It really bugs me because it peels off, I put it all over my face and once it is dry if I touch my face I can just roll it all off like PVA glue. This is a minor annoyance as this stuff really has been great for me. Also the lid is hard to get off! Its great value for money though, I have been using it for about a month and I have barely made a dent in the tube.

I am trying paulas choice now but if that doesnt do it for me I will definitely be buying this again.

on 8/21/2008 9:51:00 PM

Update: It has been over a year since I first started to use this. The formulation has been revised and it's better than ever! Instead of the creamy texture previously, it is now lotiony, spreads even better, and no longer balls up and rubs off! My skin is just so glowy and smooth with this. I no longer have many scars, and this has really helped to keep my face clear and exfoliated!

I've been using this product for over a month. I can't say it's a lifesaver like the Acne.org BP gel, but it's certainly a very good product. It's a light cream texture, with a yellow appearance but goes on clear. I found it didn't sting at all for me unless I have my occasional zits. I have no prior experience of applying AHA products. It's 6oz (178ml), which makes it really value for money cos you only need a little bit each time!

The AHA+ has really helped to even out my skintone. I used to swear by HABA White Lady for that, but this costs much less and gives more benefits. I apply this at night after my regular moisturiser, and then I pile on my BP after that. Sunblock in the morning is a must, because AHA causes sun sensitivity.

My skin looks and feels extremely smooth, almost airbrushed. I used to have dull skin and this has really helped to add radiance and glow to my skin without the aid of makeup. It has also helped to clear a significant number of blackheads and whiteheads. What's more, while the BP is already very effective in cutting down the frequency of zits appearing, the AHA+ reduces the occurrences even more!

It claims to help with hyperpigmentation left over by zits, but I haven't seen very much improvement after a month-ish of usage, so I'm taking one lippie off. It also tends to ball up, but that does not bother me very much as I only apply it at night. Last I heard, they sent this product back to the lab for reformulation because of this problem. I love how Acne.org actually listens to the customers!

I used this on my legs after a bad bout of eczema healed and left a mess of flaky and rough patches and this product really helped to smoothen the skin on my legs as well.

This product comes in a squeeze tube with a flip cap. The flip cap is a little too stiff and takes a bit of strength to open. I don't remember the BP tube cap (before it got discontinued) being so stiff. Also, be sure to cap it completely. I once forgot and the product oozed all over the lid!

Overall, terrific product. I would definitely repurchase. I just wish it would hurry up and work on my hyperpigmentation already!