Acne.org AHA+

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Acne.org AHA+
AHA+

4.4

I love this product. When combined with acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide is it an acne fighting machine. I used Paula's Choice AHA for several months and saw zero improvement in acne and the texture of my skin, whereas 1 month of Tom's AHA has completely changed my skin. Unless you have a very mild case of acne, I highly recommend buying the BP along with the AHA. Highly recommend!

on 5/26/2016 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

******** Edited August 18th 2016:
I don't use this product anymore. It was just too strong for my skin. This doesn't change the fact that this is still a good AHA that I would recommend for some skin type.
----

FYI: I don't follow the Acne.org Regimen/This review is based on the Acne.org AHA+ alone.

You definitely get a lot of product for the price, so it will last for a while! I actually buy the travel-sized AHA+ instead of the tube because I can't finish the tube before the expiration date. The travel-sized AHA+ last for a while too!

I use it when needed depending on my skin since it is a strong exfoliant. If I exfoliate everyday my skin would turn red, shiny and be really irritated. What I usually do is apply a pea sized amount of AHA+ at night. My skin looks smooth and glowing the next day.

Even if a BHA is usually recommended for acne-prone skin, I find that an AHA works better for me. In particularly this AHA, since it's moisturizing and calming at the same time. It helps with clogged pores, red marks and active acne. It did sting a bit when I first used it, now it doesn't. Also it might be too heavy for very oily skin.

For the tube AHA+: The only con for me is the packaging, like someone mentioned it in their review: 'the product constantly cakes up around the tube opening'. I always have to clean it before using the product.

on 6/16/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. great, effective aha+ product for a really good price (given the large amount u get). its not pretty (the packaging) but it works!! i actually like that they are not trying to sell u on trendy packaging or high end looking product but dont be fooled it is a great product with great ingredients. beautypedia even gives it highest rating and they are pretty tough. i looked REALLY hard for best aha for my hormonal, acne prone, beginning to age skin with the best ingredients for the best value and this is what i ended up with and am very pleased. is a bit strong if ur not used to aha's so u can mix it with another moisturizer in the beginning til ur skin can tolerate it but thats how all effective aha's are. great for moisturizing parts of my face that have acne, jawline, chin, etc but i use it all over face because of its anti aging/ exfoliating abilities. only thing is it is a little greasy so u have to let it dry but its not like clogging pores greasy (cuz it actually does the opposite and exfoliates skin) it just has to dry. I LOVE IT. its worth trying especially cuz they have 3 different sizes so u can get small one to try out.

Reveals new younger looking skin. Stings a bit though and only can use a couple times per week. Packaging is messy and I hate that about it. Great aha though.

on 10/2/2014 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great stuff! I use it daily, and its still gentle enough, yet does the job. I have horribly oily and acne-prone skin, and together with their treatment, this really does the job. Great formulation, also contains some squalene (one of the best moisturizers, IMO). It's only slightly annoyance is that the product constantly cakes up around the tube opening, better packaging would be nice :)

on 3/27/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using the acne.org regimen for a couple years now & purchased AHA+ recently & I love it! I use it at night, I mix it with the moisturizer & my face feels so soft! I got it to help get rid of my acne scars so I will do an update when I see results.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE....as with all of Dan's products, this has been absolutely amazing. I use this every morning and then moisturize. My skin stays blemish free and my skin tone is starting to look ten times better. Also my skin in so, so soft!

on 3/21/2013 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This stuff really helps with the overall clarity of my skin.
I use it mostly to help with the flaky skin I get after using acne.org's treatment. I mix quite a bit with two pumps of cetaphil lotion and let it soak in my face all night after I use the treatment. It works awesome! However, I don't use this alone because I'm pretty sure it causes some whiteheads on the insides of my cheeks and forehead. I guess using it alone is too potent for my skin? I'm not too sure but I know a lot of people have this problem. So I stick to mixing it with moistuizer at night and it works great :) And I know a lot of people use this for gentle exfoliation to use along with acne.org's regimen. However, if it's causing you tiny whiteheads too, exfoliating once a week with a scrub won't kill you as long as youre super gentle!

on 12/31/2012 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my everyday night moisturizer. I was very wary of trying an AHA at first, but I really wanted to take the plunge and switch to a chemical exfoliant because my physical exfoliant was wrecking my super sensitive skin. Since my skin is so reactive, I try to use as few products as possible in my routine. I am very happy that I can get both my PM moisturizer and my AHA in one product with this.

Before I started using this lotion, I had lots of flesh-colored bumps/clogged pores on my forehead. After about 3 weeks of using this product, I noticed that my skin had an improved clarity and texture in all areas *except* for my forehead but I also noticed that I had an increase in whiteheads and I believed this lotion might be the culprit.

I wasn't totally ready to give up on this product since it was a good exfoliant for me but I still needed to fix the clogged pores on my forehead and resolve the whitehead problem. Given my skin's history, I was nervous to combine this with a BHA, but I was feeling bold and I knew BHA's were better for clogs than AHA's. As it turns out, I tolerated the combination of the two exceptionally well. When I use this *in conjunction* with a BHA on a nightly basis, I rarely ever get whiteheads, my skin is well-exfoliated, and the clogged pores on my forehead are a thing of the past. For some reason, this product didn't really agree with me *until* I started using it with a BHA every time.

Also, on a side note: I found that this lotion does a fantastic job of brightening up my tattoo during the winter when dry skin makes it look a bit cloudy. (Although AHA increases sun sensitivity, and sun exposure is especially bad for tattoos. I do *not* expose my tattoo to the sun at all if it has been recently treated with AHA -- I just like to keep it looking bright for my own enjoyment at home!)

on 9/9/2012 3:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Love it!! Purchased last year and still haven't run out off it, seems to last forever! It has a bit of a yellowish texture but fades completely after rubbing in. I use it as a spot treatment or overnight all over my face. My skin seems to get used to it when i put on everything so i switch between Estee lauder serum and AHA+. Stings badly on popped pimples or those whom are painful already! A little goes a long way