Acne.org AHA+

Acne.org AHA+
AHA+

4.4

on 7/18/2008 5:51:00 PM

I have oily, acne-prone skin and this is a HG product! This AHA treatment is supposed to be used in addition to the regimen. I use acne.org's BP and then this. It is such a great product ... it smells great, makes my skin super soft, can be used as a spot treatment, keeps my skin clear, helps fade past acne scars, and I use it in replace of my moisturizer. Read up on it on acne.org and concider using!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought Dan Kern's AHA lotion after reading rave reviews on the Acne.org website. I started using it a few days ago and I am totally amazed at how much my skin has improved...

I used to use ProActiv's Repairing Lotion, but it just wasn't doing much for my blemishes, so I replaced it with the AHA.

My skin has become noticeably smoother and more even-toned. Post-acne marks are fading more quickly. It's such a great moisturizer. It doesn't feel greasy. Just a little dab is enough for my whole face. It cost $16.11 on the website (excluding S&H), and it's a large tube, so the product it will last a long, long time.

Love the packaging. Standing tube with the cap at the bottom; easy to dispense. It comes out as a pale yellow. The consistency is like a lotion. Absorbs easily and quickly. I only use this at night since the glycolic acid increases photo-sensitivity. There isn't any noticeable smell; none that I can detect anyway.

But if you insist on wearing this in the daytime, don't forget the sunscreen!

I think this is a great, affordable AHA moisturizer. Will continue to repurchase.

on 8/6/2008 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Pros:
- Big tube, value for money
- Even out my skin tone
- Fade some new scars
- Use it as a spot treatment and lesser scarring
- Quite good for flaking skin as well
- Smells nice for a fragrance free product

Cons:
- Make my skin quite oily when I wake up in the morning
- Stings a little upon application
- Very high shipping cost
- Initial breakouts upon using

on 10/12/2008 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Overall: 4

Price: 2 ($16.11/6oz)

Packaging: 3 (simple, inverted tube)

Buy again: yes

---------------

I really like this-- it's got 10% AHA (glycolic acid) in a nice creamy lotion base that moisturizes quite nicely while also exfoliating your skin. I used to have very heavy acne that only BP would fix, and then it has calmed down to light- moderate - but I still have a lot of red marks and the annoying zits that would pop up from time to time.

Now I only use this product, and it has evened out my skin tone (it looks really good now, even w/o makeup) and the red marks are practically all gone. And if I ever do have zits that come around, this takes care of them within a few days, and they're usually pretty small.

For the value, you're getting a high-quality AHA product, at an unbeatable price-- $16/6 oz! Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion (Night) is $16/2.5 oz, and is only 8% AHA!

This may not be your cure-all for zits, but at least it will help with the hyperpigmentation left behind. Give it a shot.

EDIT: May 1, 2009

I found I have less of a "pilling" problem if I use extra virgin olive oil to cleanse my face with first. I apply EVOO to my skin, massage, and remove with a hot, damp wash cloth, then let my skin dry. I apply about 1 dime sized amount of AHA+ all over my whole face, and I don't have the balling problem that I did when I used normal cleansers to wash my face.

on 10/13/2008 4:56:00 PM

i put yes for "would you buy again", although i wouldnt buy this again as it is now.

before there was a place to put a review for just the AHA+, i included my review of it under the "treatment" heading, so you can check that out for my initial reaction. i was excited to get this and liked it until i tried to wear it during the day and it balled up horribly under ss and makeup.

one of the awesome things about acne.org is how seriously they take customer concerns. i hope this never changes, cause it definitely keeps me loyal! when i emailed them about this problem they responded immediately saying, "Dan is aware of the
flaking problem with the AHA, and he is having the formulators make some changes to it so this will hopefully be resolved in the future."

once they reformulate i will absolutely buy this again. its a great, moisturizing AHA at a good strength (10%). its just not suitable for me right now!

on 12/9/2008 12:55:00 AM

I was very skeptical about this product initially because AHA's in general have not given me impressive results in the past. After a month of consistent use, my skin really does look better than it has in a long time; more even tone, texture, and less oily. Even though I am over 40, I still get breakouts but have had none since using this (usually most things seem to make my skin worse). I am thoroughly impressed with this product, especially for the price.

I love the three piece acne kit so much - and the AHA is just as fabulous! I have been using this product for a few weeks and think it has made a huge difference. Plus the price is great, and you get a huge tub! It will last me for months. If you have uneven, blemish prone, acne scarred skin - then this is the product for you! Thanks Daniel Kern for the awesome products! It is so refreshing to actually buy acne products that work! :)

on 1/14/2009 4:09:00 PM

I love AHA+. My first AHA product and satisfied. It works great as a spot treatment and fading red marks. It fades fresh or 1+ year red/brown marks. I thought I was stuck with some deep brown old marks, however after less than a week they're fading away! Very runny and stings if I put too much on (after bp).

love love LOVE this stuff. really really AMAZING.
like daniel kern says, takes your skin from being clear (with the help of his equally amazing bp gel) to perfect. scars are fading crazy fast and the general tone of my skin is just so much more even. i could live without his cleanser and moisturizer but not this stuff. i would seriously have a panic attack if he ever discontinued this. omigosh, the mere thought of it makes me nauseous...

on 2/7/2009 9:21:00 AM

I love this! I have cycstic acne prone, ultra-sensitive skin and this is the only AHA product that doesn't make my face break out even more. I was hesitant to try it from reactions to other AHA products, but I use Dan Kern's other products with great results, so I decided to buy a tube. This product doesn't sting or leave my face red the next day. The price is much better than other AHA products also. The tube is HUGE!

edited because I marked it as expensive - oops!