Acne.org AHA+

Acne.org AHA+
AHA+

4.9

on 9/23/2014 9:11:00 AM

This is the only Acne.org product I have tried and I love it! Good AHAs are hard to find. I have combo (on the dry side) skin and it feels great. Nice texture when applied, smooth, not heavy, but still feels hydrating. Does not sting. Leaves my skin soft and smooth.

I have only used it at night so I don't know how it works under make up. I will absolutely buy again.

on 6/17/2012 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is 10% glycolic in a moisturizing base and it has become my favorite.

I did a split face test using this on one side and Alpha Hydrox Enhanced Cream on the other. After a week of applying every other night, the Acne.org side was noticeably clearer. I also notices that upon application, they both stung initially, but the acne.org side calmed quickly (within 5 seconds or so) while the Alpha Hydrox side continued to sting for 15-20 minutes.

The price of this product is VERY reasonable. I paid $21/6oz including shipping, compared to Alpha Hydrox $11/2oz, so much cheaper. The next time I order it I will get the larger size $33/16oz w/shipping. I use this on my legs too so it will be good to have the larger size.

Since this does not dry/irritate my skin like Alpha Hydrox, so I am able to use it every night. No known clogging ingredients, and the licorice root definitely calms my skin. LOVE.

on 8/15/2011 7:18:00 PM

Have been using this for a just a few days and am thrilled with the results. I had been using Alpha Hydrox 10%, but found that it stung my face upon application. This AHA does not cause that stinging feeling. My face looks smoother with smaller pores.

on 3/29/2011 10:58:00 PM

Started w/ the Treatment product, thanks to MUAers, because I was getting a new 'underneath' pimple on my chin every day for a few months in a row. Treatment worked wonders. So, my routine was Treatment for breakout and a combo of Obagi Clear and a Retanoid to fade sun damage and scars. Result was a whole bunch of crepe paper skin - but I figured that was my only choice since I had to treat the acne and spots. And heavy moisturizers break me out. Meanwhile, sister was enjoying acne.org's AHA that I picked up for her as a replacement for Paula's Choice 1% or Paula's AHA (we've tried both). I figured I didn't need the AHA since I thought Obagi/Retanoid was making me peel a good deal. Uh, wrongo. I placed an order for acne.org's AHA and in two days, the crepe paper texture and appearance has decreased. And, bonus, the AHA product is quite moisturizing. Thank you, Dan, for another great product. Now, I'm just hoping Dan produces this in the bigger pump bottle - yes, we would pay $40+ for the 16 oz size.

on 9/8/2010 10:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

You won't be able to find this quality AHA for this price anywhere and the tube will last for months. No nonsense exfoliant that you must have on hand with bp. I'm partial to the more elegant formulations of MD Forte and Avene products but Acne. Org's AHA is just as hardworking at half the price if not less. This is not a moisturizer and you must wear sunscreen.

on 1/18/2010 6:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is my first AHA product. I polled the Skincare Board and they recommended this for quality and cost. I've been using it now religiously for two weeks, along with the regular cleanser.

To begin with, I do not have acne or acne-prone skin. I purchased it because I am in my mid-40's and feel like I need to have a skin care regimen that's more than just soap & water. I do have some sun damage, but I've been fortunate and my physical age doesn't show in my skin.

Last weekend, I had 2 "bumps" come up on my face. One I squeezed and one I left alone. By the next day, they were dried up and no longer swollen. I completely attribute this to my new products!

This is such an easy regimen, too. I use one pump of the cleanser with my Body Shop face brush, then just over a pea-sized squirt of the AHA treatment. I've used it every night without any irritation. The tube should last me a good while!

I would definitely recommend acne.org to others and will re-purchase when I run out!

on 2/7/2009 9:21:00 AM

I love this! I have cycstic acne prone, ultra-sensitive skin and this is the only AHA product that doesn't make my face break out even more. I was hesitant to try it from reactions to other AHA products, but I use Dan Kern's other products with great results, so I decided to buy a tube. This product doesn't sting or leave my face red the next day. The price is much better than other AHA products also. The tube is HUGE!

edited because I marked it as expensive - oops!