Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Filtered by skin type : Combination age: 30-35
Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

4.1

on 4/28/2013 1:17:00 PM

I had this since last year and I really wished it would work well for me but it hasn't. I don't think it takes this long for my skin to purge.

I use it almost every other night, sometimes every night.

I noticed that it does not alleviate my acne situation. Note: I do not have severe acne but just some on my forehead and occasional ones on the cheek or one on the chin. It does not help my forehead when I apply this product. I wake up to a forehead that looks slightly more clogged than not using this product.

Please be careful when using this product frequently. I think because of the aha it dries out your skin more quickly hence could cause dryness and possible forehead winkles

I have not noticed it helping with my pore size though it does not claim to do this. I thought maybe the aha would help.
I think the product does help in renewing your skin in terms of exfoliation.

I have used it to spot treat but it did not help with reducing the inflammation.

Tip Note: what really works now is this for spot treating....get a lemon, slice it up and add it to a litre of water. Drink one warm cup every morning when you wake up. Also, very useful, use a qtip and soak it up with some of that lemon water and spot treat generously before going to bed. You will see immediate results the next day! less redness and the size will go down significantly! (make sure you keep the lemon water in the fridge. I find lemon water that has sat for a few days is great for this).

The size and packaging of this product is great. I wish it would have worked for me because the description and the concept was what I was seeking. I will continue to use it for gentle exfoliation over the skin (not forehead).
if you suffer from bumps on the back of your arms, maybe give this a try at night. I have used this after exfoliating in the shower. It seems to help. However, I am testing out am-lactin 12% aha and this seems to work even better (will review this product later).

My skin has improved so much using the acne.org regimen. Actually I only use the cleanser and the BP during the day. The cleanser is very gentle and works great to clean your skin. I use it with my clarisonic. At night I use the cleanser and the AHA moisterizer. It has been about 2 months and my skin is looking more smooth and nicer. Although not part of the regimen I also use Neutrogena Deep Clean gentle scrub. These products have made all the diffference in my skin. I am starting to get compliments on how good my skin looks. Love it! I am no longer extremely depressed and sadden by my acne/complexion. Skin is about 98% clear with maybe one or two same pimples.

on 12/25/2009 12:17:00 PM

I have used this product on and off for approximatley a year. I just started using it on a more consistant basis for the past two months because of my breakouts. My skin just started to go crazy!! The main thing that irritates me is not so much having a few zits, but the red marks left afterwards... I have fair skin- so the after effects of a simple clogged pore or zit it pretty detrimental. I also, for the first time in my life, had bacne- bad (my husband would joke and call me "meth back"- sweet huh?...)!! And on top of that, the backs of my upper arms were getting clogged pores (damn hormones). So I started to use this religiously, slathering it on thick nightly to my back and upper arms. I put it on my face about every other day (sensitive skin). Facially, it helps with cell turnover, but really hasn't made a significant improvement with my post acne marks (boo hoo). Now for my bacne and clogged pores on my upper arms- spectacular!! My arms are completely clear... My back is 95% clearer with post acne marks that are slowly fading. I notice that if I skip a day or two of putting it on my back- the pores start to rebel. Consistency is the key!! Oh, and if you use the Acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide, I was told by their rep, you can put that on first and their AHA can layer over it. I use to use that technique- works well... Peace!!

on 10/27/2009 6:36:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I truly can't live without this product - it has made such a remarkable difference in the overall condition of my skin! I use it at night as a moisturizer and when I wake up in the morning my skin is soft and less red every day. I do however, think that it causes tiny bumps on my forehead, but I will still continue using it because all the other benefits are so worth it.

on 9/15/2009 9:36:00 PM

I bought this when I ran out of Alpha Hydrox AHA Souffle 12%. I was looking for a less expensive AHA, and I heard about this.

First of all, it cost a dollar more than the Souffle, but instead of 1.5 oz, you get 6 oz, which is ridiculously huge. And while it's 10% and not 12%, I really didn't see much a difference in the way they worked. The 10% was just as tingly and gave just as good of results. AHAs cause your skin cells to turnover far quicker, solving a litany of problems with one product - it heals acne, fades scars, evens skin tone, reduces fine lines. This particular formula works very well and is a GREAT price per ounce.

I hate the smell, but all AHAs smell like moldy sheets to me. A great buy. Anyone who doesn't have an AHA, especially after 30, should get one.

Just remember to wear sunscreen - it makes your skin more photosensitive. You should wear sunscreen anyway!

on 8/13/2009 2:58:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I absolutely ADORE this stuff. After using Accutane and still using Retin-a Micro, I was developing millia on my upper cheeks. I ordered the AHA+ and it works great to keep the millia in check. I also use it on my neck, between my breasts, and the backs of my hands with great results. The skin is soft and younger looking.

on 6/16/2009 7:38:00 AM

I broke out from this. Too harsh for my skin! Off the radar!

It's right around that time of the month and my skin should be breaking out and dry. Instead, it is soft, smooth and only one tiny whitehead in between my brows. My forehead is no longer rough to the touch but is beginning to smooth over.

Day one: so far so good! Skin feels a bit smoother... very soft and has a nice glow. Will keep you posted!

on 2/20/2009 11:20:00 AM

I love Acne.org! The information is wonderful and all of the products are excellent and inexpensive. I use all of their products, but each is great on its own.

It is hard to find any glycolic acid/ alpha hydroxy acid skin care product, let alone one with 10% AHA. Though I love the Acne.org Treatment, it's the AHA that has made my skin quality great. As an exfoliant, it excellerates the healing process when you do get a zit. Fabulous stuff!

I use AHA as a moisturizer after I cleanse and treat my face. Usually, it is part of my morning and evening routine, but if I am going to wear full foundation, I skip the AHA. When the AHA dries, it looks fine, but if you rub your skin the product can rub off.

The only dra