Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone age: 25-29
Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

4.4

on 5/26/2016 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

******** Edited August 18th 2016:
I don't use this product anymore. It was just too strong for my skin. This doesn't change the fact that this is still a good AHA that I would recommend for some skin type.
----

FYI: I don't follow the Acne.org Regimen/This review is based on the Acne.org AHA+ alone.

You definitely get a lot of product for the price, so it will last for a while! I actually buy the travel-sized AHA+ instead of the tube because I can't finish the tube before the expiration date. The travel-sized AHA+ last for a while too!

I use it when needed depending on my skin since it is a strong exfoliant. If I exfoliate everyday my skin would turn red, shiny and be really irritated. What I usually do is apply a pea sized amount of AHA+ at night. My skin looks smooth and glowing the next day.

Even if a BHA is usually recommended for acne-prone skin, I find that an AHA works better for me. In particularly this AHA, since it's moisturizing and calming at the same time. It helps with clogged pores, red marks and active acne. It did sting a bit when I first used it, now it doesn't. Also it might be too heavy for very oily skin.

For the tube AHA+: The only con for me is the packaging, like someone mentioned it in their review: 'the product constantly cakes up around the tube opening'. I always have to clean it before using the product.

on 6/16/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. great, effective aha+ product for a really good price (given the large amount u get). its not pretty (the packaging) but it works!! i actually like that they are not trying to sell u on trendy packaging or high end looking product but dont be fooled it is a great product with great ingredients. beautypedia even gives it highest rating and they are pretty tough. i looked REALLY hard for best aha for my hormonal, acne prone, beginning to age skin with the best ingredients for the best value and this is what i ended up with and am very pleased. is a bit strong if ur not used to aha's so u can mix it with another moisturizer in the beginning til ur skin can tolerate it but thats how all effective aha's are. great for moisturizing parts of my face that have acne, jawline, chin, etc but i use it all over face because of its anti aging/ exfoliating abilities. only thing is it is a little greasy so u have to let it dry but its not like clogging pores greasy (cuz it actually does the opposite and exfoliates skin) it just has to dry. I LOVE IT. its worth trying especially cuz they have 3 different sizes so u can get small one to try out.

Reveals new younger looking skin. Stings a bit though and only can use a couple times per week. Packaging is messy and I hate that about it. Great aha though.

on 5/5/2013 6:11:00 PM

From what I understand, AHA+ is not an everyday treatment that should be used on your face. It is suggested to use maybe once or twice a week. I think this should be announced before purchasing. If you over use it you may not see results because your are over drying your skin and therefore causing additional dryness and acne. With that being said, this has worked great on my skin (using it only once a week, sometimes twice). It makes my skin slightly red when first using, so i make sure not to apply any other treatments with using AHA+

on 3/21/2013 3:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This stuff really helps with the overall clarity of my skin.
I use it mostly to help with the flaky skin I get after using acne.org's treatment. I mix quite a bit with two pumps of cetaphil lotion and let it soak in my face all night after I use the treatment. It works awesome! However, I don't use this alone because I'm pretty sure it causes some whiteheads on the insides of my cheeks and forehead. I guess using it alone is too potent for my skin? I'm not too sure but I know a lot of people have this problem. So I stick to mixing it with moistuizer at night and it works great :) And I know a lot of people use this for gentle exfoliation to use along with acne.org's regimen. However, if it's causing you tiny whiteheads too, exfoliating once a week with a scrub won't kill you as long as youre super gentle!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have the same issue with this as a lot of people.... I really wanted to fade dark spots and acne scars and this worked for like 5 days... I think this product is a double edged sword.. I had a cystic hormonal pimp pop up and I started putting the AHA on it right away and it really went down over 3 days... but now there is this dark circle way bigger than the pimple right there for a month now that i cant get to go away. Its almost worst than a popping scar. WTH? I was also putting it on the side of my face and then got two angry cystic pimples for no reason and thats totally uncommon for me... not giving up on aha but this formulation isnt for everyones skin clearly...

on 12/31/2012 4:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my everyday night moisturizer. I was very wary of trying an AHA at first, but I really wanted to take the plunge and switch to a chemical exfoliant because my physical exfoliant was wrecking my super sensitive skin. Since my skin is so reactive, I try to use as few products as possible in my routine. I am very happy that I can get both my PM moisturizer and my AHA in one product with this.

Before I started using this lotion, I had lots of flesh-colored bumps/clogged pores on my forehead. After about 3 weeks of using this product, I noticed that my skin had an improved clarity and texture in all areas *except* for my forehead but I also noticed that I had an increase in whiteheads and I believed this lotion might be the culprit.

I wasn't totally ready to give up on this product since it was a good exfoliant for me but I still needed to fix the clogged pores on my forehead and resolve the whitehead problem. Given my skin's history, I was nervous to combine this with a BHA, but I was feeling bold and I knew BHA's were better for clogs than AHA's. As it turns out, I tolerated the combination of the two exceptionally well. When I use this *in conjunction* with a BHA on a nightly basis, I rarely ever get whiteheads, my skin is well-exfoliated, and the clogged pores on my forehead are a thing of the past. For some reason, this product didn't really agree with me *until* I started using it with a BHA every time.

Also, on a side note: I found that this lotion does a fantastic job of brightening up my tattoo during the winter when dry skin makes it look a bit cloudy. (Although AHA increases sun sensitivity, and sun exposure is especially bad for tattoos. I do *not* expose my tattoo to the sun at all if it has been recently treated with AHA -- I just like to keep it looking bright for my own enjoyment at home!)

on 5/13/2012 10:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I am so glad I purchased this regimen kit. It came in super fast and i was really excited to use it. I never really had acne problems growing up. It wasn't until i turned 26 that all that started to change for the worse. I didnt get the whiteheads or black heads I instead go these gross looking red bumpy things all over my cheeks chin and lower jawline and also up near my ear and lower temples. They are so sore and itchy and very sensitive and very hard to get rid of. I tried proactive but it only dried out my skin and made me breakout even more. I saw two different dermatologists... I was put on tetracycline, ziana, a medicated bp wash, ampicillin and a 9.5% bp rinse off foam. Of course i used these products at different times not all at once. The meds did help me clear up a little bit but i didnt want to have to depend on that for the rest of my life. So i saw a youtube video about acne.org and figured id try it out. And im so glad i did, the price was not so bad. I love all the products so far which were included in the kit. The cleanser is very mild, no scent, lathers up a bit but not too much... almost can be compared to that of cetaphil face wash which i also love. The bp treatment is awesome. Its strong and does dry the skin out but hey that's what its suppose to do!!! It glides on great over the skin and doesn't have a bad smell like the foam i had. It did make my eyes water a bit but i can live with that if it means having clear skin. The moisturizes is like a glass of water for the face. I love love love IT! Follow Dan's directions and you will not be dissapointed. I just started the regimen 2 days ago people and I already see a huge difference in my skin. It's smoother, glowing and the red bumps are going down and some little ones have dissapeared. My skin doesn't feel irritated all the time and even my scars are getting lighter. For the price of $38.44 i suggest you at least give this a try and please remember to follow EXACTLY how Dan demonstrates. There's a reason to everything. Be gentle and patient and stick with it. You will not regret it.

on 9/14/2011 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I purchased all of the acne.org products and they are great! I went off the pill and antibiotics and my skin went absolutely nuts and nothing I used would work as every other product for acne either irritated my skin too much or did absolutely nothing, it took about 2 months of using the acne.org products for my skin to settle down, I do still get a few blackheads and the occasional white head so this isn't an all out absolute cure (I don't think anything is) but I no longer have a face full of them with big painful blind pimples along my jawline and chin as I did before. I have been using the AHA cream for my chest and back morning and night and occasionally on my face. This is the only thing that I could get to work for my chest and back (I've found what works for my face doesn't work for my chest and back, my chest especially gets far to sensitive to anything I can regularly apply to my face), I can apply the AHA cream morning and night with no irritation which is such an incredibly rare thing for me, before I found this cream anything that I'd try would do hardly anything for my back and irritate the hell out of my chest (why I was blessed with such picky skin on different areas of my body baffles and annoys me). Anyhow it took about a month for my chest and back to clear with the AHA cream, I still apply it morning and night to keep it clear.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

I used this stuff several times during an experimental AHA phase. I've also tried the Alpha Hydrox lotion and cream, and of the three I guess I liked this one the best. But honestly, if I could do it over again (I am no longer interested in AHA's, but back then I was obsessed) I wish I had tried AH's gel instead, as Acne.org's AHA seems to break me out. I know this because after I stopped using it all over my face I tried using it as a spot treatment several times. Unfortunately, I'd always develop little red zits around the areas that I applied it. Ironic, 'cause the only reason I bought Acne.org's version in the first place was because both the AH cream and lotion seemed to break me out, so I thought this would be a safe bet (and this was NO IB 'cause I would stop getting those little red zits whenever I didn't use it).

But everyone's skin is different, so I'm not factoring it into the review. When I used this all over at night, I thought it was really nice--in fact, I really loved how Acne.org's version seems soothing in comparison to the other AHA's I've used. For once, I didn't wake up with all my acne marks looking all purple and angry--and that's saying something, 'cause AHAs tend to make my skin red. It must be the licorice extract--which by the way is said to be good for fading hyperpigmentation. That alone might make make you want to try it.

As far as performance goes, I thought this stuff worked just as well as the AH cream and lotion, but it IS difficult to apply and it takes way longer to sink in. It's got this odd, somewhat watery consistency that is prone to balling and peeling after it's dry, so you can't wear this under make-up. That's why I gave it a three instead of four.