Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily age: 19-24
Acne.org AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)
AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)AHA+ (Glycolic Acid - 10%)

4.8

Price: $

Price: $

on 3/15/2013 11:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This stuff is working beautifully on my light scarring from recent acne and dermatitis reactions(the kind with lots of tiny red pustules). I have very sensitive skin and this only lightly stings for less than 30 seconds after application. I have found that, for me, the licochalcone really helps to soothe any redness and makes my skin look much more even. I have combination/dehydrated skin and find that I don't need a separate moisturizer after this which is just awesome.

I have tried AHA products from Alpha Hydrox, Garden of Wisdom, MUAC, and Paula's Choice...most of them were too irritating for me to continue use. I also hated that many of them came in a serum formulation that didn't moisturize at all. In order for an AHA to work correctly, you really should wait about 30 mins after application before applying anything else. So I would sit for 30 mins with stinging AND painfully tight/dry skin. Not pleasant at all. Acne.org has a major winner here with an effective exfoliator in a lovely formulation. Finally an AHA that doesn't break me out, irritate my skin, or force me to wait before moisturizing. Ever since I started using this (in conjunction with a few other wonderful products) I have woken up to calm skin that is on its way to being clear again. Price for the amount you get is amazing and will last a long time. I will absolutely repurchase.

P.S. Remember to always use a good sunscreen when you use chemical exfoliants!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

i bought this along with the cleanser and the treatment and can i just say OH MY GOD. i had 5 cysts which, people with cystic acne know, are virtually impossible to clear up. i have been struggling with cystic acne for about 4-5 years now. i will NEVER use anything else again. this cleared everything up in literally 3 DAYS. seriously folks, give it a shot. i want to help other people because i know how hard having bad skin can be. the three (cleanser, treatment and this) together are seriously just amazing amazing amazing.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Hi everyone!
I've been on the regimen for 3 weeks now and I'm still breaking out. The moisturizer is horrible to me and was wondering if anyone else was also on the Acne.org regimen that knew of other moisturizers that work for them? My skin is extremely oily and I break out very easily! All suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks so much :)

on 7/3/2010 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Great product.My favorite,can't live without it.
My skin is oily acne prone.
I used to have ,until 4 months ago, a moderate case of acne with cysts on my cheeks and temples and some zits on the side of my mouth and occasionally on the other parts.Now it's light.
My acne exists partially because of hormones, diet, excessive dead skin.
If with hormones I can't do much (no bcp,I don't want to use it),with diet I eliminated sugar and after about 3-4 months (it takes a while) no more cysts (fruits are ok,I'm talking about the processed sugar that you find in sweets,cookies,ketchup,anything that has in the ingredients list mentioned sugar or the 10 names that they use for it;I try not to eat artificial sugars or white wheat flour either,I do use sometimes stevia).
But I still would get some small zits and I knew it was because of excessive dead skin so I needed something to take care of that too so I researched a little and this cream-gel looked the best so I bought it and it's perfect.I get less and less acne,combining the diet with this cream.now I only get the occasional once a month 3-4 small pimples that takes 2-3 days to heal.
I also noticed that my purple-red marks from previous cysts and pimples are starting to fade.I don't have lines,wrinkles so I don't know if it does something for those.
No change in the oily skin department.
The skin is smooth,soft,foundation looks great now.
I've been using it for two months now,every night.
It has a light smell but it's not bad(at least to me).
It's not too cheap but using it for two months and it doesn't even look like I used it I think it ok for the amount you get.A tube might last 8-10 month with nightly use.

UPDATE [Jan.02.2011]: It's been 8 months now,and using it every night, there's still half of the tube left...amazing.It still does its job.
Once or twice a month I skip a night or two, making sure my skin doesn't get used to it.
Really happy with this purchase.

UPDATE [Sept.05.2011]: The tube finished about 3-4 months ago, and I decided to not repurchase it, because I wanted to try a BHA product and see if I get better results (I stopped the diet, now I eat sugar, and my skin hasn't changed for the worse - I guess I was wrong).Now I'm using the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Stress Control 3in1 Hydrating Acne Treatment (2% BHA) and I like it more than the AHA.When this one finishes I'm thinking of getting Paula's Choice Weightless Body Treatment with 2% BHA (I'l use it on my face of course).Right now I like BHA over AHA.