Acne.org AHA+

Acne.org AHA+
AHA+

4.3

on 7/30/2017 8:50:00 PM

In my opinion this is an extremely good deal on a high quality AHA. The price per ounce almost cannot be beat and the ingredient quality is very good.

Depending on your skin, this AHA is strong enough to keep your face nicely exfoliated and gentle enough to use several times per week.

(Always be sure to use proper sunscreen protection when using facial exfoliants.)

Highly recommend this brand. I've used several of their products for years and there has been no decline in quality over time or sly product reformations (*knocks on wood*).

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I got the Acne.org regimen and added this after playing around with the regimen for 3 months and thinking I needed something to deal with the ice pick texture and the post-acne pigmentation. Prior to this, I had never really had any other AHA so I didn't know what to expect. Even though I don't have sensitive skin, it definitely tingles, especially after I've already exfoliated (either with other chemical toners) or with dermaplaning, which doesn't mean that the product is bad necessarily, I recognize that I am exfoliating a lot more than perhaps recommended. Anyways, I don't use this all over, just as a spot treatment moisturizer...if that makes sense. I can't use the Acne.org moisturizer during the day because it pills up like crazy, even without any makeup. Instead I use this, but please not that it is not advised since it is a chemical exfoliate and makes you more sun-sensitive. To compensate for this, I reapply sunscreen every 3-4 hours and use a sun umbrella if I go outside even just for a few minutes.
Anyways, back to the product...it applies light yellow, like the Acne.org moisturizer but dries clear. It has a little bit of sheen but nothing that a dab of powder can't handle. I do like how it seems to dry out my whiteheads faster and encourages skin cell turnover. It is still a slow process, so I have seen just a bit of progress on the ice pick scars but I'm hopeful!
Keep at it and maybe don't use it exactly like I do, but it works.

on 12/9/2016 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

This is the 3rd AHA product I've tried and... I'm not really impressed. But then again, I've never been impressed with any BHA (salicylic acid) product I've used either. It takes a lot to make me a raving happy customer.

My skin: oily, acne-prone with I'm menstruating.

I bought this over the other one I've been using (made by Alpha Hydrox) b/c this is proudly vegan & made without animal testing. Got the 6 oz tube and it comes in what I guess is a 12 oz tube, so it was filled up only halfway. There's really no need for such a huge tube; it's clumsily big, more suitable for body lotion rather than something for your face.

on 11/20/2016 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I know that you are not supposed to, but I'm using this as a moisturizer and it works great. My skin is oily and not too sensitive and seems to be responding well to it. I bought the 6 oz tube and it's going to last me forever, considering how little I use after washing my face in the evening. It's not greasy, has not clogged my pores and it makes my face very, very soft, so soft that my boyfriend actually mentioned it when he was touching my cheek the other day. It has not done much for my pimples, but to be fair, not much that isn't prescribed for me does. My pores and blackheads are slightly smaller and my skin tone looks great when I use this, though! Since I live in Sweden, the price is about 30 dollars inclusive the shipping but I think it's so worth it since it will last me for a long time. I hope that I will be able to use it up before it expires!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I've used this bad boy for 5 years already so here are my thoughts

Pros:
-effective for PIH (hyperpigmentation these are the dark spots on your face. more common on dark skinned people)
-somehow effective for fine lines
-makes your skin smoooothhhh like a baby's bum bum
-good for ice pick scars (when used continuously)
-somehow good for whiteheads
- has licorice extract to calm acne prone skin

Cons:
-not effective on PIE (aka acne marks or broken capillaries. more common on fair skinned people)
-makes your skin sensitive to the sun
-too greasy for oily skinned peeps
-leaves a slightly yellow cast
-could cause zits from time to time

on 3/20/2017 9:16:00 AM

I started getting acne in my teenage years. Tried a lot of products to clear my acne and acne scars from the Black African soap to Kojie-san lighting soap to derma roller etc. Before I come across this product I bought myself the Benzac 2.5% Benyoyl Peroxide which is similar to this. It works a miracle and then I met this product through youtube. Decided to try it as I find it more secure to use the same brand product range for better results.

I bought the kit that comes with the pump cleanser, tube treatment (2.5% benzoyl peroxide) and pump moisturiser. I also purchased the AHA+ to help with my old acne scars.

Another awesome product from the Acne.org range! Added this into my shopping cart together with the Kit because my intention was to clear the ance and scars. I have medium-fair and had those brown acne scars. One thing about this product is it softens the scars and make your face so smooth the next day you wake up. It does lighten my scars a little however it still is visible. Also, IT TAKES TIME. Patience is needed especially when you are treating scars. Do not give up! Really love this product. If you happen to buy the kit, do add this too because this is the one that makes you feel satisfied with your skin. Thumbs up!

As I mentioned, I bought the kit therefore I will review the other products separately. Cheers!

on 5/26/2016 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

******** Edited August 18th 2016:
I don't use this product anymore. It was just too strong for my skin. This doesn't change the fact that this is still a good AHA that I would recommend for some skin type.
----

FYI: I don't follow the Acne.org Regimen/This review is based on the Acne.org AHA+ alone.

You definitely get a lot of product for the price, so it will last for a while! I actually buy the travel-sized AHA+ instead of the tube because I can't finish the tube before the expiration date. The travel-sized AHA+ last for a while too!

I use it when needed depending on my skin since it is a strong exfoliant. If I exfoliate everyday my skin would turn red, shiny and be really irritated. What I usually do is apply a pea sized amount of AHA+ at night. My skin looks smooth and glowing the next day.

Even if a BHA is usually recommended for acne-prone skin, I find that an AHA works better for me. In particularly this AHA, since it's moisturizing and calming at the same time. It helps with clogged pores, red marks and active acne. It did sting a bit when I first used it, now it doesn't. Also it might be too heavy for very oily skin.

For the tube AHA+: The only con for me is the packaging, like someone mentioned it in their review: 'the product constantly cakes up around the tube opening'. I always have to clean it before using the product.

I love this product. When combined with acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide is it an acne fighting machine. I used Paula's Choice AHA for several months and saw zero improvement in acne and the texture of my skin, whereas 1 month of Tom's AHA has completely changed my skin. Unless you have a very mild case of acne, I highly recommend buying the BP along with the AHA. Highly recommend!

This on its own does not help cystic acne but with combination of Acne.org treatment BP gel, it works as a moisturizer. It smooths and hydrates the skin. What I really use it for is for my little bumps on my skin like the back of my arms and when I apply it a few times a week, they nicely disappear. If I apply this as moisturizer at night, my skin in the morning feels really silky.

on 6/16/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. great, effective aha+ product for a really good price (given the large amount u get). its not pretty (the packaging) but it works!! i actually like that they are not trying to sell u on trendy packaging or high end looking product but dont be fooled it is a great product with great ingredients. beautypedia even gives it highest rating and they are pretty tough. i looked REALLY hard for best aha for my hormonal, acne prone, beginning to age skin with the best ingredients for the best value and this is what i ended up with and am very pleased. is a bit strong if ur not used to aha's so u can mix it with another moisturizer in the beginning til ur skin can tolerate it but thats how all effective aha's are. great for moisturizing parts of my face that have acne, jawline, chin, etc but i use it all over face because of its anti aging/ exfoliating abilities. only thing is it is a little greasy so u have to let it dry but its not like clogging pores greasy (cuz it actually does the opposite and exfoliates skin) it just has to dry. I LOVE IT. its worth trying especially cuz they have 3 different sizes so u can get small one to try out.