Acne.org AHA+

Acne.org AHA+

4.4

I love this product. When combined with acne.org Benzoyl Peroxide is it an acne fighting machine. I used Paula's Choice AHA for several months and saw zero improvement in acne and the texture of my skin, whereas 1 month of Tom's AHA has completely changed my skin. Unless you have a very mild case of acne, I highly recommend buying the BP along with the AHA. Highly recommend!

on 5/26/2016 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

FYI: I don't follow the Acne.org Regimen/This review is based on the Acne.org AHA+ alone.

This is my HG product. You definitely get a lot of product for the price, so it will last for a while! I use it 2-3 times a week at night. I apply a pea sized amount of AHA+ all over my face then I follow with my moisturizer La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Baume B5. My skin looks smooth and glowing the next day.

Even if a BHA is usually recommended for acne-prone skin, I find that an AHA works better for me. In particularly this AHA, since it's moisturizing and calming at the same time. It helps with clogged pores, red marks and active acne. It did sting a bit when I first used it, now it doesn't. Also it might be too heavy for very oily skin.

The only con for me is the packaging, like someone mentioned it in their review: 'the product constantly cakes up around the tube opening'. I always have to clean it before using the product.

If you are new to AHA, start slowly and don't use it every day since it's a strong AHA (10%). You might risk over-exfoliating which makes your skin look red, irritated, dry, shiny, tight... not good looking. It could even make you breakout. You will feel and see it. It depends on your skin tolerance to AHA exfoliant.

To Read all 184 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/16/2015 3:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I LOVE THIS. great, effective aha+ product for a really good price (given the large amount u get). its not pretty (the packaging) but it works!! i actually like that they are not trying to sell u on trendy packaging or high end looking product but dont be fooled it is a great product with great ingredients. beautypedia even gives it highest rating and they are pretty tough. i looked REALLY hard for best aha for my hormonal, acne prone, beginning to age skin with the best ingredients for the best value and this is what i ended up with and am very pleased. is a bit strong if ur not used to aha's so u can mix it with another moisturizer in the beginning til ur skin can tolerate it but thats how all effective aha's are. great for moisturizing parts of my face that have acne, jawline, chin, etc but i use it all over face because of its anti aging/ exfoliating abilities. only thing is it is a little greasy so u have to let it dry but its not like clogging pores greasy (cuz it actually does the opposite and exfoliates skin) it just has to dry. I LOVE IT. its worth trying especially cuz they have 3 different sizes so u can get small one to try out.

Reveals new younger looking skin. Stings a bit though and only can use a couple times per week. Packaging is messy and I hate that about it. Great aha though.

on 10/2/2014 1:09:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Great stuff! I use it daily, and its still gentle enough, yet does the job. I have horribly oily and acne-prone skin, and together with their treatment, this really does the job. Great formulation, also contains some squalene (one of the best moisturizers, IMO). It's only slightly annoyance is that the product constantly cakes up around the tube opening, better packaging would be nice :)

on 9/23/2014 9:11:00 AM

This is the only Acne.org product I have tried and I love it! Good AHAs are hard to find. I have combo (on the dry side) skin and it feels great. Nice texture when applied, smooth, not heavy, but still feels hydrating. Does not sting. Leaves my skin soft and smooth.

I have only used it at night so I don't know how it works under make up. I will absolutely buy again.

on 7/28/2014 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love(d) this. It stings a bit upon application but fades quickly. Dries fast, but it can ball under some moisturizers. My skin looks and feels amazing the next day.
However
I am nearly certain that this breaks me out, which makes me very upset.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I love this stuff! However, it does sting at first so be prepared for that. I stopped the regimen but I still use the AHA because it's that good. It moisturizes very well and calms down my spots, and it's the perfect product to layer in my skincare routine. It has anti-aging benefits, too!

However, if you are pale you may want to use this at night only (if you use this during the day use only a small amount and high SPF, of course) because it makes the skin have a slight yellow tinge to it.

Highly recommended!

on 3/27/2014 11:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using the acne.org regimen for a couple years now & purchased AHA+ recently & I love it! I use it at night, I mix it with the moisturizer & my face feels so soft! I got it to help get rid of my acne scars so I will do an update when I see results.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE....as with all of Dan's products, this has been absolutely amazing. I use this every morning and then moisturize. My skin stays blemish free and my skin tone is starting to look ten times better. Also my skin in so, so soft!