China Glaze Salsa

China Glaze Salsa

4.8

on 12/17/2016 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Meh is my overall reaction to this polish, not because of the quality but because of the color. Red generally isn't my color and this one is no exception. I would call this a warm red red cream finish polish and I don't really like warm red colors on me. The reason I chose this particular polish and color is because I wanted something for Christmas nails.

The over quality of the polish is excellent. It is well pigmented and as such you reach full opacity with one coat. The texture is nice and smooth but I did find the consistency a bit on the runny side, thus the reason for the 4 lippies as opposed to 5. (I never deduct a lippie because I don't like the color unless it has been misrepresented.)

Salsa comes packaged in the standard ChG round nail polish bottle with the standard brush. As with most polishes, the packaging isn't innovative but it works.

I would not repurchase Salsa because I do not like the color. That, of course, is personal preference and others may love it.

I will update in a few days on wear, removal and staining.

UPDATE: 12/22/2016 - Despite my initial dislike of this color it did grow on me a bit. I got good wear with no chipping until today. Removal was a little messy due to the color, but there was no staining so that is a major plus.

on 10/25/2012 4:57:00 PM

This is my first China Glaze polish. I love love love this color. A perfect candy apple red. It looks so pretty on both fingers and toes. The only problem is that it seems to chip much faster than my usual OPI. Even with a protective topcoat, I got chips on day 5. I can usually go 2 weeks with OPI. That being said, I love this color so much that I would buy it all over again.

on 2/13/2012 11:52:00 AM

This is currently my HG red polish. Salsa is a bright, fire engine red polish with a cream finish -- no shimmer or glitter here. I'm a big fan of China Glaze polishes, but this one in particular is a real winner for me. I never go without a top coat, but this polish has an amazing shine on its own, so you could very easily skip a top coat with this if you're willing to get chipping a little sooner. With a top coat, this lasts 5 days before minor tip wear occurs, and I usually go a week before chipping starts. I have much more expensive polishes that don't last nearly that long on my nails. This is pretty much opaque in one coat, but I always apply two anyway. This color isn't too dark or too light, it's just a true red that is perfect to wear for any season. I think this shade is super classic and elegant. I haven't purchased another red polish since I found this shade, and I probably won't unless some other really amazing red comes out. Love it!

on 2/13/2012 4:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I received this nail polish in a Luxe box subscription and I'm so glad they included this polish in my box. I agree with other reviewers that this polish is a nice candy apple red shade. It looks great on my lightly tanned skin. I only needed one coat for it to be opaque. I look forward to purchasing more China Glaze polishes in the future.

When I want a red manicure, this is the polish I go to. It is difficult to find the perfect red that is actually red because there are so many types of reds. This formula required 2 coats to be fully opaque and does not have any sparkles inside. Perfect cream polish!

on 8/11/2011 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this color! Though I disagree with everyone saying it's a candy apple red. It's more of tomatoey red.. It's great on toes.
Nice formula- easy to apply, doesn't chip much.

on 6/14/2011 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Like others have said, this is a beautiful, classy and sexy red- exactly like a candy apple. Looks great on my lt-med Asian skin (use on my toes).

on 5/28/2011 10:40:00 PM

Nice red color :). Looks very lovely!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

a straight forward, no kidding around, seductive red cream. extremely shiny finish. applies very easily in 2 coats.

I'm loving this on my nails right now. The bright, candy apple red goes great with my pale skin. This is similar to my all time favorite OPI Dutch Tulips! Love :)

Popular Polishes