Wet 'n' Wild Dark Wine - 522A

Wet 'n' Wild Dark Wine - 522A

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I feel like buying the darker colors of Silk Finish is a waste of money when for an extra dollar you could get the Megalast ones. They have the same colors but they are matte which looks a lot better for dark colors, they dry down so they don't move around everywhere, and most importantly, they wear well. These darker colors of Silk Finish wear very unevenly very fast. You end up with reverse ombre lips in the center and it just looks bad....this only after 20 minutes or so of doing nothing. There are a few great shades of Silk Finish but the darker reds are not some of them.

on 8/18/2016 5:14:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

My HG everyday lipstick! As a fan of both dark lipstick and cheap makeup, this stuff is excellent and I've been wearing it since about 2004. The -perfect- burgundy for fair/medium cool toned people, not too brown or red, it has the perfect balance of pink and blue tones to work on a variety of skin tones and is very WOC friendly (my bestie is a beautiful black woman with medium/deep olive tones and it looks great on her too) You can blot it down to a berry stain and on warmer tones this makes it more flattering so your undertones peek through, but worn full force its pretty opaque. On darker skin it shows as a very wearable and versatile berry red, and on cooler tones it's more of a purple tone. They picked the perfect name for the color because it really does remind me of a glass of Merlot.

Of course the packaging sucks but these are so cheap it doesn't even matter, I have a few of these lying around in this shade as well as a few other colors. The formula is very creamy (no shimmer or frost) but if you use lipliner and blot it, then set with translucent powder you should get at least 4 hours of wear time unless you eat or make out with someone. This doesn't bother me since I have no issue with doing a quick touch up when needed. I also like to mix a bit with some foundation for blush, and it matches most of my makeup looks. For reference I am mixed race and have a light/medium neutral skin tone but skew cool, with black hair and medium grey eyes.

If you're an autumn or winter you should definitely own this lipstick, it is widely available and only costs a dollar. I'm a fairly stoic person but dammit, if they discontinue this shade I just might cry. I hope you love it as much as I do, but if not then there are plenty of other gorgeous colors in this line. Warmer toned ladies, try black orchid if you feel this shade doesn't quite work for you. Happy face painting!

on 3/2/2016 9:48:00 PM

Due to my dry lips, I actually prefer the formula of these Silk Finish lipsticks to the Megalast ones. These glide easily with no tugging, and feel moisturizing when worn. They may not last as long, but I have no problems with taking my lipstick to-go and reapplying when needed.

Dark wine is a lot less of a dark vampy color than I was expecting. It's more of a deep berry-red. Still beautiful!

Some reviewers need not review I cannot stand when ppl buy cheap lipstick but expect chanel quality ex: its draggy or too much slip blah blah blah. Smh lol we can do without your reviews and next time shop sephora or nordstom and stop complaining. Anyhow this lipstick does last on the lips after eating and drinking and it is a beautiful color a plum red and I like it a lot more than some high end brands that basically ppl pay for the name because some arent an all that type o quality.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is really pretty but not nearly as dark as I was hoping. I hate that it doesn't retract and my bullet is loose. At least the bullet isn't round.

on 3/15/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Garbage. I mean literally put it on, played with it & threw it away. The smell is very unpleasant, it's too creamy, smudges easily, & is difficult to work with. The color was cool but what's the point if its impossible to apply & doesn't stay put. You get what you pay for, definitely felt like 99 cent lipstick.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm not into expensive lipsticks but wasn't expecting quality on this... I am so shocked at how great this product is! Goes on smooth and its a beautiful color. Very rich and really compliments my skin tone. I often don't wear any other makeup with this color. It really stands out on its own

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I wanted to buy WnW's Megalast Lipstick in Sugar Plum Fairy. I couldn't find WnW's Megalast Lipstick in Sugar Plum Fairy in any of the four stores I checked. I decided to pick up a Silk Finish lippie as a consolation prize. I wavered between Dark Wine and Black Orchid, and I went with Dark Wine for its cooler tones.

If the Megalast line is a touch too draggy, the Silk Finish line has a bit too much slip. Application was creamy and manageable, however. Silk Finish has the edge over Megalast for packaging (but neither product comes in particularly luxe packaging). You can feel the lipstick rattling around in its case, and the protruding bullet is easy to ding with the cap, but I will chalk these flaws up to the lipstick's two-dollar price point.

Worn at full force, this lippie doesn't last for a very long time--any food or drink or kissing session will finish it off--but blot Dark Wine down to a stain and it will last for awhile, or pair Dark Wine with a lipliner. This is a really lovely, cool-toned berry-red shade with the perfect amount of sheen to it; you can easily blot it down to a pinker berry shade.

Would repurchase, especially in anticipation of the cooler months.

on 7/2/2014 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

The color is a lot deeper than I was expecting but it's absolutely beautiful!!!!! It's very creamy and I liked that it doesn't stain my skin as much as others do :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Beyond perfect red with great lasting power, even wear, and it's $2 - so basically a godsend. It has a permanent place in my arsenal.

Popular Lipsticks