Frederic Fekkai Texturizing Balm

No Image

3.9

For anybody who has layered hair, this product is an absolute must-have. The easiest way to do it is to get about a quarter-sized amount in your hands and rub it together, and then when your hair is towel-dried/still slightly damp, scrunch the ends together and scrunch up towards the roots. Spray with hairspray, and voila-it's an easy way to play up your layers without curlers or a hot iron.

on 11/16/2006 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Over the years, I have come to hate "all things Fekkai" due to the poor performance these products have had on my hair. But not this...Fekkai's Texturizing Balm is the one product that has definitely softened me regarding his over-priced hair products. This stuff actually works on my hair, and when I mix a pearl-sized drop with some strong hold gel, it gives my hair smoothness, body, texture, and shine that I normally don't get when I use these hair gels alone.I had sworn off purchasing any more Fekkai hair products, as my fave texturizing balm was from Biolage, and that was what I intended to purchase the day I reluctantly purchased this. But a very persistent SA talked me into trying this one (they didn't have the Biolage one), and she told me I could bring it back for a full refund if I did not like it. Surprisingly, this stuff works nicely on my fine, colored, wavy hair, so I can save myself a trip back to the store since this one's a keeper! continued >>

on 7/26/2005 2:35:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This lightweight gel didn't do anything for my fine, curly hair. I have tried this in various ways a dozen times. When I use this, my hair is limp and shapeless and looks as if I hadn't styled it at all. Pretty unhappy with the performance for the price. I much prefer Garnier Fructis curl shaping gel (for $3 or less) or DevaCurl's Angell ($12).

on 4/14/2005 4:40:00 PM

This product didn't amuse me. It seemed like ordinary lightweight gel to me with a hiked up price. I also didn't care too much for the smell. Wouldn't repurchase.

Very nice lightweight product which encourages my fine (but lots of it) hair to go into the wavy style my hairdresser razor cut. Doesn't weigh my hair down like my old Sumo Wax did. Also seems to hold better. I don't know how he does it. Will try it on wet hair as Erin/Octoberbride suggested.

on 8/9/2004 11:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I don't get the hype with this product. I bought it and have used it 4 times but am not impressed. I should have stuck with my HG product, Aveda's universal cream

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I have to preface my review with the fact that i have very straight flat hair that doesnt do much of anything. I picked this product up and likes the fact that you dont have to blowdry your hair to activate it like most products recommend. It retails for $16.50 for four ounces and is supposed to "This light gel gives all hair types gentle style without a heavy hold. Natural ingredients allow it to shape and condition while providing shine and bounce. Yarrow, oak root, kukui, and cherry bark condition the hair while Pro Vitamin B5, and vitamins A and E add body, strength, and texture."
I find that this doesnt weight down my hair and you can brush it and get no flakies or anything from it. My hair has a little more body but i cant say the change is amazing. I do feel like it has more texture and looks better with it than without but the look is nothing dramatic. i think this would work excellent for someone other than straight boring hair. My hair also does have less frizziness. Overall a nice product but wont recreate your hair.

on 4/12/2004 12:13:00 AM

Wow! I really like this! It makes my hair feel thick, adds texture, and enhances my waves. I had tried out the wave spray, which didn't do anything for me, but this does! I'd buy this one!

I love this on towel dried hair and also on dry hair. It smells fantastic and provides just the right amount of hold. It's very lightweight do it doesn't weigh your hair down or make it sticky and stiff. I will def. make this a staple!

on 9/21/2003 2:04:00 PM

I have been using this stuff since it first came out and was only sold at his salon. My stylist there recommended it and I actually used to mix it with his regular gel (they both smell fantastic). While I've stopped using the regular gel - I just ddon't need much hold in my hair these days - I have continued with this - it's very very lightweight and I mis it with whatever silicone based defrizzer product that I'm using at the moment. It's just enough to keep my wavy, frizz prone (especially in S. Fla) hair in line - even when I let it air dry (most days). Plus it doesn't weigh my hair down or leave it feeling crunchy or anything like that. If you are looking for more serious hold though you may want to pass this by.